Pugin

Jack Reeve - Talk Norwich City

My old uninhibited and extremely amusing Irish mother one said to me that she found it advisable to keep a low profile in Norfolk because they don't seem to like the outgoing or the personality. Apparently she had been call "Sorft" on more than one occasion. Whether this view was valid or still is valid I cannot comment, but it is a statement of some profundity nonetheless.

By sticking their heads above the parapet in such a way, these boys seem to be inviting a degree of local hostility.

I think that they are to be praised, although I find their intensity of support for the club something that I, personally, have never been able to achieve. Often I will bail out early because the level of conversation, whereby every minutia of every current issue  surrounding the club is investigated with such serious intent, becomes uninteresting.

Good luck to the boys. They are accomplished broadcasters with a healthy 'geekiness' even though they are both a bit "sorft."

• Like 2

Two egotistical jumped up so and so’s who should try and get a proper job. Get a job at the NHS and do some good, help others. Stop broadcasting and posting tripe, annoying people. That’s my take on them.

They have gone from being entertaining and journalistic to being partisan and petty minded which will cost them a lot in terms of good will with their connections at the club.

Edited by lake district canary

1 hour ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Two egotistical jumped up so and so’s who should try and get a proper job. Get a job at the NHS and do some good, help others. Stop broadcasting and posting tripe, annoying people. That’s my take on them.

So ignorant. They both have proper jobs, the TNC stuff is done on the side as a hobby. They also very recently raised over 20k for cancer treatment, does that qualify as good?

Do you work for the NHS? 

If you don't like, don't watch it. 

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, Wardogz said:

Jack's fantastic, a credit to the club and definitely our fan of last season. 

Hi Jack, how are you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Unironically there should be a Pinkun “fan channel” it’d be absolute beautiful chaos

like one of those Eastern Europe parliaments where they start lobbing chairs at one another 🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Wardogz said:

Jack's fantastic, a credit to the club and definitely our fan of last season. 

I notice that you exclude Chris from this fulsome eulogy.

Is there any reason for this? They come as a pair under the Talk Norwich City banner, surely.

3 hours ago, Pugin said:

I notice that you exclude Chris from this fulsome eulogy.

Is there any reason for this? They come as a pair under the Talk Norwich City banner, surely.

See topic title. The convo is about Jack. 

Edited by Wardogz

5 hours ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Why is that ignorant? That’s my view on them. And no I will definitely not be watching them.

"They should get a proper job"

The Reeves entered the boxing ring by promoting themselves amd therefore should really expect to get a bloody nose for their troubles if people do not take to them.

• Like 4

I find their content refreshing and honest, how it should be for a fan channel. 

I recall first hand that certain people struggle with the concept that a fan of the year doesn't always pull the party line.  I was very vocal of my dislike of Chris Hughton as NCFC manager and that didn't go down well with certain regulars on this board.

8 hours ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Posting tripe , you'd know a lot about that.😁

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Funny part is they do infact both have jobs outside of their youtube channel

Yeah Jack works for the racing post , I don't know what Chris does but he works.

I personally like the reeves , TNC is a must watch , there just diehard Norwich fans who want the best for the club , what so wrong with that ...😁

4 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

Yeah Jack works for the racing post , I don't know what Chris does but he works.

I believe Chris Reeve is a journalist for the Daily Planet but not 100%

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I really don't get all the animosity towards these two. Clearly, extremely passionate Norwich fans, absolutely no problem with them whatsoever. Could do with a few more like them, and less dinosaurs inside Carrow Road. 

I would imagine it's mostly our more senile- Sorry, senior OAP posters on here who dislike the young and social media

• Like 1

If the club is as open and well run as many think why would the Reeves get less access just for giving an opinion a large majority had also expressed? Or is this a well run community club only if you agree with everything certain people express.. a lack of debate is really not healthy at all imo...

Edited by Kenny Foggo

I listen to them for information, find them rational and articulate for fans (appreciating they are just that and I don't expect to agree with their views all of the time or that they are always right.... the Steipermann fascination for example, he wasn't very good!) and they offer views, don't necessarily sit on the fence.... they seem pretty genuine good lads, not trumped up or overly arrogant, they've both got personalities....    and they do a great bit of charity work....  they are definitely not offensive to deserve some of the vitriol on here.   

Seems we do have a lot of saddo's that love opportunities to criticise!   No real need in this case, its all pretty harmless stuff, although I haven't tried the Lacons yet!  Is it a good pint?     If you don't like them, don't watch it, many do, so they obviously have some value and serve a purpose.

• Like 2

I watch them sometimes, find them a bit full of themselves, but they're good enough at what they do.

It depends what you want. If you just want two over-the-top excitable fans on match day, they're great. If you want deep analysis, there are better people out there. There is a reason why the PinkUn headhunted Connor Southwell rather than Jack Reeve. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I would imagine it's mostly our more senile- Sorry, senior OAP posters on here who dislike the young and social media

I would guess it simply comes down to whether you agree with their views or not, rather than an age issue. If you look at the support for them on here then it’s generally from people that are in agreement of their views, and those that don’t agree aren’t fans of theirs, that’s how it looks to me. I don’t see why anybody should feel forced into views on them either way - I’ve liked some of the podcasts with opposition fans that Chris does, but my own personal choice is the Pink’un lads and Michael Bailey’s podcasts as you get what I’m far more interested in, and that is a very balanced view rather than crazy extremes either way.

14 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

I listen to them for information, find them rational and articulate for fans (appreciating they are just that and I don't expect to agree with their views all of the time or that they are always right.... the Steipermann fascination for example, he wasn't very good!) and they offer views, don't necessarily sit on the fence.... they seem pretty genuine good lads, not trumped up or overly arrogant, they've both got personalities....    and they do a great bit of charity work....  they are definitely not offensive to deserve some of the vitriol on here.   

Seems we do have a lot of saddo's that love opportunities to criticise!   No real need in this case, its all pretty harmless stuff, although I haven't tried the Lacons yet!  Is it a good pint?     If you don't like them, don't watch it, many do, so they obviously have some value and serve a purpose.

Well said I couldn't agree more ,as for lacons never tried it , but 24 quid for 12 smallish bottles seems a bit pricey.

2 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

I believe Chris Reeve is a journalist for the Daily Planet but not 100%

I just got the joke it only took me about 3 hours to get it , it's usually longer.

3 hours ago, Canary dwarf said:

He works for himself.

16 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

He works for himself.

In his words he’s the managing director of Reeve Social, so yeah, he’s self employed 😉

7 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

In his words he’s the managing director of Reeve Social, so yeah, he’s self employed 😉

Not necessarily. 

You can be a director of your own company, employ yourself, but that doesn't mean you're  self employed.