Pugin

Jack Reeve - Talk Norwich City

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

So do I - when I can. I always thought supporters were born not made, that it runs in families etc, but then that is probably considered old fashioned. Seems to young people these days, anything goes. 

Where's that put Welsh Mick and Surrey Delia?.....

49 minutes ago, king canary said:

How old is he in that picture?

I'll happily admit that growing up until I was about 12 I was a Newcastle fan- I first started following football when I was about 6 or 7 and they were top of the league and kids are often glory hunters.

The idea that he's not a proper fan as he liked Liverpool when he was younger is...weird.

Just to add, I think you’d have been better quoting folk who outright questioned if he’s a ‘proper fan’, you’d probably have got a better answer to your question. For the purpose of a little debate I cynically questioned business reasons in the defence of Lakey, however I wouldn’t say Jack’s not a fan, he appears to be very passionate about the club. Don’t know enough about him but the Liverpool revelation is a bit eye opening for someone who appeared to still be a red in his early teens. Don’t think there can be any such question marks over Chris Reeve though, whether people like his shows or not, I doubt he’s ever been anything other than City through and through and I’ve enjoyed some of the stuff he’s put out, particularly the match previews with podcasts from opposition supporters. 

Edited by Alex Moss
*podcasts

To me they come across as thinking they are superior fans IMO and also seem to think they speak for all Norwich supporters. Their presentation is total cringe.

I also can't fathom why anyone who goes to games would want to stand their with their phone camera active in selfie mode recording their mug all game to be able to see their reactions. Do people actually watch this sh*t?

There was a rumour from someone "in the know" on Twitter that the players can't stand them either. 

7 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Example... Southampton. Thanks.

One example in 15 years proves my point rather than what you think it does.

In reality there's 3, maybe 4. Which still goes to show how exceptionally rare it is.

Further,  its  sad to see the desperation from some fans to now bad mouth the good parts of Farke,  or making out anyone could do the good bits. They weren't saying anything close to it a couple months back and the good bits I've been referring to haven't changed. Farkes in a bad enough position for legitimate reasons, without people now simplifying some of the excellent work he's done.

Edited by hogesar
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

One example in 15 years proves my point rather than what you think it does.

In reality there's 3, maybe 4. Which still goes to show how exceptionally rare it is.

Further,  its  sad to see the desperation from some fans to now bad mouth the good parts of Farke,  or making out anyone could do the good bits. They weren't saying anything close to it a couple months back and the good bits I've been referring to haven't changed. Farkes in a bad enough position for legitimate reasons, without people now simplifying some of the excellent work he's done.

Farke has done excellent work. He’s also very good at some elements of coaching and setting teams up. Unfortunately the bits he’s not so good at appear to be the things that are most important to a side scrapping to stay in the premier.

But anyway let’s hope we find that win this weekend!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Farke has done excellent work. He’s also very good at some elements of coaching and setting teams up. Unfortunately the bits he’s not so good at appear to be the things that are most important to a side scrapping to stay in the premier.

100%

9 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

But with Lakey you know that, irrespective of what you think of his opinions, he’s definitely a passionate Norwich supporter and, dare I say it, not going on a business jaunt because he has to. 

I think its a parody account 

9 hours ago, king canary said:

How old is he in that picture?

I'll happily admit that growing up until I was about 12 I was a Newcastle fan- I first started following football when I was about 6 or 7 and they were top of the league and kids are often glory hunters.

The idea that he's not a proper fan as he liked Liverpool when he was younger is...weird.

100%...

On 02/11/2021 at 15:02, Jim Smith said:

I genuinely don’t think Farke would be most likely to repeat his success at championship level. His win rate there without Buendia over the last two promotion campaigns is about the same as his appalling win rate in the premier.

We won’t have Emi and we will most likely be coming in off the back of an appalling season. Lots of players will want out. How to play against us (and his tactics as well) has also been a bit exposed and the carrot of promotion possibly less attractive to all concerned. We ought to be competitive in that league but it will be very difficult. 

Let's just say it outright: Emi carried Farke. And then Webber backed the wrong horse. 

18 hours ago, greendoor said:

The oxford definition of a pundit is "an expert in a particular subject or field who is frequently called upon to give their opinions to the public." 

when did Youtube content creators get given the rank of expert? 

I'm really not very interested in this thrilling semantic argument - though you may want to get your dictionary out to understand the meaning of "self-appointed"..

Edited by kirku
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Just to add, I think you’d have been better quoting folk who outright questioned if he’s a ‘proper fan’, you’d probably have got a better answer to your question. For the purpose of a little debate I cynically questioned business reasons in the defence of Lakey, however I wouldn’t say Jack’s not a fan, he appears to be very passionate about the club. Don’t know enough about him but the Liverpool revelation is a bit eye opening for someone who appeared to still be a red in his early teens. Don’t think there can be any such question marks over Chris Reeve though, whether people like his shows or not, I doubt he’s ever been anything other than City through and through and I’ve enjoyed some of the stuff he’s put out, particularly the match previews with podcasts from opposition supporters. 

Yeah thats fair, I quoted you as you happened to be the last one I saw.

A bit of gentle ribbing is fine but I think some are using it as more than that, usually people who didn't like TNC in the first place.

• Thanks 1

Call me old-fashioned, but what person searches the personal photos of someone when they were 12 or 13, in an attempt to undermine them? It's not acceptable behaviour in my book.

Are we not better than that?

29 minutes ago, king canary said:

Yeah thats fair, I quoted you as you happened to be the last one I saw.

A bit of gentle ribbing is fine but I think some are using it as more than that, usually people who didn't like TNC in the first place.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, lake district canary said:

So do I - when I can. I always thought supporters were born not made, that it runs in families etc, but then that is probably considered old fashioned. Seems to young people these days, anything goes. 

I always thought a "proper" supporter didn't have a go at other "supporters" of a club. Was it not you that called for unity? Seems anything does go... sad

1 minute ago, Kenny Foggo said:
19 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I always thought a "proper" supporter didn't have a go at other "supporters" of a club. Was it not you that called for unity? Seems anything does go... sad

If we all got along, that would be wonderful, but life isn't really like that, is it, there will always be differences. The point about unity is that it should be there in terms of everyone getting behind the team and manager. It's easy when things are going well, but when things get tough - that is when we need that unity all the more. Some people would rather lose the plot when things get difficult, fair enough, but if people do that - then they should expect to be pulled up on it.

15 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

If we all got along, that would be wonderful, but life isn't really like that, is it, there will always be differences. The point about unity is that it should be there in terms of everyone getting behind the team and manager. It's easy when things are going well, but when things get tough - that is when we need that unity all the more. Some people would rather lose the plot when things get difficult, fair enough, but if people do that - then they should expect to be pulled up 

I am sure Jack will be there on Saturday getting behind the team... as will I...

I don't watch them because I don't enjoy their presentation style and the one with the glasses is totally full of himself, I remember when he interrupted a Pink Un live show to offer the table a selection of posh cheeses, I just thought you utter pr4t.... Plus I tried watching that Webber interview and it was cringeworthy beyond belief and they wouldn't let him speak, it had to be all about them.  It's fine if people enjoy watching them but The Pink Un and Michael Bailey do better shows and I get the sense most of their audience are very young.

Saying that though that's not a bad video in the OP. Very well reasoned and insightful. 

Excuse me for being thick, but who are these Reeve people? I know they have some sort of online blog/vlog thingy but what is their background and why does their opinion seem to matter?

11 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I think its a parody account 

It’s a tricky one to work out. Parody accounts would be less over the top and some folk have actually met him in person on here. 

On 05/11/2021 at 10:02, Numan said:

Excuse me for being thick, but who are these Reeve people? I know they have some sort of online blog/vlog thingy but what is their background and why does their opinion seem to matter?

Here they are, but not promoting cider in this picture though. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

29 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I don't watch them because I don't enjoy their presentation style and the one with the glasses is totally full of himself, I remember when he interrupted a Pink Un live show to offer the table a selection of posh cheeses, I just thought you utter pr4t.... Plus I tried watching that Webber interview and it was cringeworthy beyond belief and they wouldn't let him speak, it had to be all about them.  It's fine if people enjoy watching them but The Pink Un and Michael Bailey do better shows and I get the sense most of their audience are very young.

Saying that though that's not a bad video in the OP. Very well reasoned and insightful. 

Chris Reeve can’t go five minutes without name dropping a current or former player that he is friends with or contacts. Bangs on about how he’s mates with Todd, Max, Angus, Holty, staff at the club. Absolutely full of himself. But that lack of shame, confidence and self belief is leading him to some kind of career. Fake it till you make it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Here they are, but not promoting cider in this picture though. 

But who are they?  Just 'friends' with players? Journalists? ****-heads?

7 minutes ago, Numan said:

But who are they?  Just 'friends' with players? Journalists? ****-heads?

Fans of the year and deservingly so. They do a watch along show on match days. You watch them watching the match and send messages they read out.  It’s better than looking for illegal streams and more fun too. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Fans of the year and deservingly so. They do a watch along show on match days. You watch them watching the match and send messages they read out.  It’s better than looking for illegal streams and more fun too. 

Thanks for the info.  I may give it a look.  🙂

2 hours ago, Numan said:

Thanks for the info.  I may give it a look.  🙂

Excellent, you won’t regret it. It’s better still if you wear a sailors hat and keep swigging cider. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Can't argue with any of that. 

It appears we're seeing Farke's main weaknesses in front of our very eyes right now, which is why I take a bit of issue with posters who are now deeming the things he's good at as being easy stuff any manager / coach could do. By all means criticise this pitiful season and our performance.

I wish TNC could have wound their collective neck in. Literally the day after Farke gets sacked, which they'd campaigned for, and they're moaning about people criticising them.

[edit] this appeared in my Twitter feed second hand

Edited by Icecream Snow

On 02/11/2021 at 10:42, priceyrice said:

I enjoy the channel to be honest. They're both just fans who have a passion for Norwich. 

Well said .....I think the boys are great.

• Like 1