Pugin

Jack Reeve - Talk Norwich City

15 minutes ago, BigGrantsTash said:

Everybody understands it. You keep trying to convince yourself your fellow fans don’t. I presume it’s to try and set yourself apart from the others for your own sense of superiority 

he guy who is at Colney every day, who has the experience and coaching badges, might be better placed to make the key decisions than me, you, or anyone else on this forum.

Might being the ultimate word here. Only might be better? Should be better. Its a mess. Football is a simple game. Its been made far to complex. If players are having to sit in meetings for any length of time just to listen to ****. Mind you the world is today having mindless meetings day after day. 

56 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

No but it’s used to promote the idea that fans are not qualified to comment on what they are seeing on the pitch. That the coach/manager is always right and that we shouldn’t comment on anything as we are just plebs who know nothing about the game. I don’t accept that. Many of us on here have watched thousands of games, some have played to a decent level, many are very intelligent and capable of seeing when things are going wrong on a football pitch and also often why.

Its a lazy response in my view. 

The stuff on the pitch is more understandable. No ones doubting supporters haven’t watched lots of games or played a bit themselves to whatever level. But what about the stuff ‘off the pitch’? That’s where my real bone of contention lies with your initial statement about Farke. You yourself have often been very vocal about how certain situations *should* have been handled differently off the pitch, without actually having the faintest idea whatsoever of what exactly has been going on behind the scenes, the sale of Buendia being a prime example. So when you make statements like you did, then yes, it does suggest you sound like you know better than Farke etc in such instances. Not having this turned into a fans have no voice debate because that’s not what I’ve said at any point 👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BigGrantsTash said:

It’s just their stock response when people don’t agree with them. See also ‘Webber is the only one who can make decisions, not anyone on here’ as if they think people on here believe they genuinely make decisions on behalf of the club. 

It’s a strange one though. They’ve signed up to a Norwich City discussion forum then claim all discussion is pointless because no one sees them in training. Begs the question as to why they’re on here.

Exactly this. I've noticed its come up less this season as if some are realising he might not be infallible. It is an extremely lazy 'trump card' people like to play.

We had it with Neil too- he knows more than us yet if he had his way Maddison wouldn't have seen our first team. 

1 hour ago, BigGrantsTash said:

It’s just their stock response when people don’t agree with them. See also ‘Webber is the only one who can make decisions, not anyone on here’ as if they think people on here believe they genuinely make decisions on behalf of the club. 

It’s a strange one though. They’ve signed up to a Norwich City discussion forum then claim all discussion is pointless because no one sees them in training. Begs the question as to why they’re on here.

This forum is home to discussions on many different topics. There are some in which the standard supporter has more information upon which to base an opinion, some where there is very little information. See the Cantwell speculation for example.

I'm on here to read views and contribute where I think I have something marginally interesting to say. And to point out where I think some views may be erroneous and offer an alternative view. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Beefy is a legend said:

This forum is home to discussions on many different topics. There are some in which the standard supporter has more information upon which to base an opinion, some where there is very little information. See the Cantwell speculation for example.

I'm on here to read views and contribute where I think I have something marginally interesting to say. And to point out where I think some views may be erroneous and offer an alternative view. 

Well done, Beefy - you’ve got it in one 👍

It’s when they know exactly how the Buendia sale (or not) should have been handled, and as you mentioned, the Cantwell stuff at the moment. That’s when it gets a bit stupid.

5 hours ago, Leedscanary said:

Who’d have thought that two guys with exactly the same surname would end up on social media and forums spouting absolute ballsocks!

Naughty, naughty my gravy swilling Northern friend. 🤣😜

2 hours ago, Beefy is a legend said:

I don't think that's true though.

But it does perhaps introduce a degree of humility into those who understand that fundamentally, the guy who is at Colney every day, who has the experience and coaching badges, might be better placed to make the key decisions than me, you, or anyone else on this forum.

The fact that some posters don't understand this explains the content of some of the posts in this forum. 

Nicely put Beefyo!!

36 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Naughty, naughty my gravy swilling Northern friend. 🤣😜

Sorry Til, I didn’t know you were a fan of the Guys on Youtube. 

(I’m surprised you can work YouTube to be fair old boy 😉)

He's gone. It'll take a long time because that's how we do things at Norwich, but TNC aren't the only ones on YouTube who want him out. Almost no one is arguing for him. When things get to that point, it's over.

17 minutes ago, Leedscanary said:

Sorry Til, I didn’t know you were a fan of the Guys on Youtube. 

(I’m surprised you can work YouTube to be fair old boy 😉)

I don't and i can but i was thinking of others on social media with the same surname who are related.

10 hours ago, hertfordyellow said:

I hate this 'who is out there, who can do a better job' argument. I hadn't heard of Alex Neil, Daniel Farke, I knew nothing of Lambert's coaching career. It's not my job to know the extensive web of European coaches, it's Webber's and I'm sure he has quite a few names ready. Who can do a better job? This could be the worst ever Prem team ever, I don't mean that as a sulky fan comment, I mean literally points, goal difference etc worse than Derby.

'Who would want to come here?' is another argument. The facilities are now top class, it will interest a lot more Managers than it did 4 years a go thats for sure. 

I'm not sure anyone could do worse, it's been an absolute disaster.

I can see the press conference now where we have scoured the whole of Europe to find the best man for the Job is Borussia Dortmund II team manager

11 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

He's gone. It'll take a long time because that's how we do things at Norwich, but TNC aren't the only ones on YouTube who want him out. Almost no one is arguing for him. When things get to that point, it's over.

The Pinkun boys have pretty much written him off as well listening to the last podcast. Didn’t outright say he needs to go (slightly different position for them than supporters) but the conversation was very much one that after this seasons efforts they expect him to.

21 hours ago, king canary said:

I think the likelihood of his repeating depends somewhat on how this season goes.

Right now we are on course to finish with the lowest Premier League points total ever. If we get to the end of this season with only two or three wins and points total in the mid teens I think confidence would be so shot that Farke may struggle to turn the team around mentally. When Derby went down with 11 points they finished 18th the season after. While I don't think that would happen, I don't see it as a given that he'd be able to get players to buy in a replicated previous successes, especially without players like Buendia and Cantwell. There is also the issue that the longer we let this sort of performance go on in this league the more it hurts the value of players like Cantwell and Aarons and makes us a less attractive prospect to potential signings. 

If we did stick with him and we somewhat rallied as the season went on (lets say 6 wins and 4 or 5 draws) and he is able to get Tzolis, Sargent and others playing then maybe. But right now I don't see it happening.

Turning confidence around after the last Premier League season wasn't too hard. Mind you, probably made easier by no fans in the stadium at the time. 

11 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

I don't and i can but i was thinking of others on social media with the same surname who are related.

Nope, sorry - you’ve lost me there old boy

1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Turning confidence around after the last Premier League season wasn't too hard. Mind you, probably made easier by no fans in the stadium at the time. 

I think the last season came with some inbuilt excuses- injury crisis, lack of new signings and lockdown/project restart. The terrible finish to last season can be compartmentalised a bit as it was a completely unique situation, not the case this year.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, king canary said:

I think the last season came with some inbuilt excuses- injury crisis, lack of new signings and lockdown/project restart. The terrible finish to last season can be compartmentalised a bit as it was a completely unique situation, not the case this year.

Yes, there is an asterisk against that season. We were in decent form, having got past Spurs in the Cup and beating Leicester, going into the lockdown and then no fans. I don't believe for a moment if there had been fans in Carrow Road we would have lost those remaining five very winnable home games. We probably would still have been relegated, but with around 30 points.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Yes, there is an asterisk against that season. We were in decent form, having got past Spurs in the Cup and beating Leicester, going into the lockdown and then no fans. I don't believe for a moment if there had been fans in Carrow Road we would have lost those remaining five very winnable home games. We probably would still have been relegated, but with around 30 points.

Very possibly.

I also think even without that it is asking a lot of a manager and a group of players to repeatedly get destroyed at the top level and bounce back as if it didn't happen a year later. At some point the players stop listening.

58 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Don't worry - you are not alone in being baffled!😍

So you can't think of two posters with the same surname then ?

17 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

So you can't think of two posters with the same surname then ?

It is not that I can't think of it; it is that I can't be bothered to think of it.🤓

10 hours ago, glory.win or die. said:

I can see the press conference now where we have scoured the whole of Europe to find the best man for the Job is Borussia Dortmund II team manager

Wouldn't get a work permit. Needs three of the last five years as a manager in a "top league"

6 hours ago, king canary said:

Fair summation, which actually goes a long way to refuting people who are bashing Farke over the head with the statistics from that Premier League season as well as this one.

On 02/11/2021 at 16:34, TeemuVanBasten said:

Having Farke as our manager is a not a requisite to the continuation of the model, if it were then that would be a highly flawed model wouldn't it, any manager who has a record of showing willing to promote youth and successfully transition U23 players into first team players is suitable for our model, surely, and there might be one or two prospects who would benefit from a clean slate too.... Josh Martin, for me, looks more capable of conjuring up an assist than Placheta.

Having someone in place with excellent skills getting the best out of young and inexperienced players is a prerequisite of the Norwich job as part of this model. I think you'd be very hard pushed to find someone better than Farke on that score, as evidenced by the huge profits the club has made from upselling players who either came through the academy or were low-cost signings. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

kenfoggo and Kenny Foggo.

They must be identical twins 😉

I was the original.

15 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Having someone in place with excellent skills getting the best out of young and inexperienced players is a prerequisite of the Norwich job as part of this model. I think you'd be very hard pushed to find someone better than Farke on that score, as evidenced by the huge profits the club has made from upselling players who either came through the academy or were low-cost signings. 

Agree our model is all about increasing a players value then selling on. The problem is that's a lot more difficult in the premier League. One season in the championship to bed in then premiership to look good in a struggling team and sell. We can't do it and Chuck them straight into the premiership. The players we have signed this year will all have lost value apart from Norman who is not ours. What will be interesting is to see who we keep next season and how well they will adjust after this abomination of a season. 

• Like 1

Regarding Talk Norwich City, they do tend to be self-congratulatory and to assume that everyone loves them as much as they love themselves.

But in terms of content they could learn a lot from Benjamin Bloom, who is light years ahead of them in intelligence and football knowledge. (At last something Ipswich are better at than Norwich!) 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Regarding Talk Norwich City, they do tend to be self-congratulatory and to assume that everyone loves them as much as they love themselves.

But in terms of content they could learn a lot from Benjamin Bloom, who is light years ahead of them in intelligence and football knowledge. (At last something Ipswich are better at than Norwich!) 

💯 agree with this. TNC make me cringe, and in this latest video Jack must’ve gone to acting school for a bit as his dramatic pauses are every bit the bard. 

1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

We already had these players though. We are not the only club in the world who plays young players. In fact Chelsea had 5 or 6 youngish English or home grown players when they stuffed us recently