Sign in to follow this  
Thingy

Get Tony Pulis to help if serious about staying in the PL

Thank God we are not serious about staying up as i would not want Pulis anywhere near our club.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I’d go for Wilder. And I think he wants the job based on his recent comments and the fact he watched us recently. 

4 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

If we're now going down the road of playing whatever brand of football that was on Sat...we may aswell have someone who specializes in it rather than Farke

Pulis is better at it

I was ready an article about Bamford and his trials and tribulations being a Chelsea player and his loan stints with various teams including NCFC. There was a nod to Sargents performances  in my research.

According to Branford it was Pullis who managed and advised him after his stint with us and put him on the right path to where he is now. 

21 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I’d go for Wilder. And I think he wants the job based on his recent comments

Was thinking the same thing when I heard what he said.  Hard to argue with too.

But then, Neil Adams used to talk a lot of sense each week. 

As a manager coming in, you've got to be prepared to challenge the board and not get cozy is the underlying issue here.   Many longterm managers perhaps buy into the philosophy so much that it becomes a safety net of excuses. 

I got the impression Lambert never really fell into that zone hence why he went out in the style he did, he was continually asking the questions and apparently got stitched up with promises which elevated him leaving.

• Like 1

The priority is to stay in the PL and so have the finances to help build the club. We need Tony Pulis to help Farke.

21 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Was thinking the same thing when I heard what he said.  Hard to argue with too.

But then, Neil Adams used to talk a lot of sense each week. 

As a manager coming in, you've got to be prepared to challenge the board and not get cozy is the underlying issue here.   Many longterm managers perhaps buy into the philosophy so much that it becomes a safety net of excuses. 

I got the impression Lambert never really fell into that zone hence why he went out in the style he did, he was continually asking the questions and apparently got stitched up with promises which elevated him leaving.

His record is pretty outstanding aside from the obvious relegation season last year. Consistently overachieving on a limited budget. I think their struggle last season was fairly inevitable given how much they had overachieved with a very limited squad the season before.

He is the sort of manager that will organise our defence, have them fighting and get somethig extra out of the squad I think. I know many of our fans don;t like him due to the spat at Brammall Lane but since then he's been very complimentary about us.

More than anything, he's a bit of a fighter and I think we need that. 

48 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Aghhhhh!

10% win rate... aghhhh! indeed.

Wilder would be an improvement 100%. Not Pulis though.. no chance.

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

His record is pretty outstanding aside from the obvious relegation season last year. Consistently overachieving on a limited budget. I think their struggle last season was fairly inevitable given how much they had overachieved with a very limited squad the season before.

He is the sort of manager that will organise our defence, have them fighting and get somethig extra out of the squad I think. I know many of our fans don;t like him due to the spat at Brammall Lane but since then he's been very complimentary about us.

🎯

Pulis got Stoke promotion, into Europe, an FA Cup Final in addition to establishing them in the top division with a low budget. Get Pulis to help Farke until the end of the season. If we wait much longer then it will be too late. 

For starters we'd become a lot more organised, disciplined and better at set-pieces.

Pulis and Allardyce don't work anymore. They did when teams were all less well organised and players wern't as big or athletic as they are now, all they had to do was get a team set up properly and sign some big players to help with set pieces and they could drag a team over the line.

Nowdays every team (apart from us) has taken the better parts of their approaches, like the defensive structure, a high workrate off the ball, fast counter attacks and set piece potency and added flair and creativity going forward. You can't survive in this league anymore by just not being sh!1, you have to actually be exceptionally good and that's why these two and others like them can't find work anymore. 

• Like 1

Pulis, Big Sam and even Dear Old Houghton have had their day I'm afraid, I understand where the poster is coming from but Pulis failed in his last two jobs at Championship level and the Prem has moved on massively from even five years ago.

Wilder is an interesting shout and quite a realistic target, who should probably be sounded out at the very least.

I'm still not sure whether getting rid of DF would make any difference, but also beginning to wonder whether some better organisation and possibility of bringing Todd in from the cold would at least put some points on the board.

1 hour ago, Grumpy said:

Any one of Pulis,Warnock or Allardyce would not go down at all with me. 

55 minutes ago, crab man said:

We may as well have Barney the dinosaur in the dugout. Jesus. There's a reason Pulis is out of a job.

image.png.dafebd915c304fb77f5d45eb442ab9c4.png

Don't let facts get in the way of your personal discrimination.  ^^

If there's a reason Pulis is out of a job, what's the reason for Farke being IN one? 

He had us playing mindless hoofball in a crucial game on Sunday, we can't even retain the ball, clueless in defence and complete lack of balls from management to stamp out errors.  I think people are confusing what he stands for, and what he's capable of delivering mid-relegation battle, this brand of football is no more attractive than Pulis or Allardyce yet it completely fails to deliver results.

We need to be attracting someone in the vein of Wilder or Howe (IMO), good prem league and championship experience, and work well with youngsters.  Which is our domain.

Edited by Google Bot

2 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

If we were to change manager, I don't think Wilder would be the worst choice, but I'm a bit unsure why fans would be clamouring for him.

He literally got relegated without much of a fight at all when managing his boyhood club having spent £60million that summer and the same the year before.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, hogesar said:

If we were to change manager, I don't think Wilder would be the worst choice, but I'm a bit unsure why fans would be clamouring for him.

He literally got relegated without much of a fight at all when managing his boyhood club having spent £60million that summer and the same the year before.

Manager Honours

Alfreton Town[33]

Halifax Town

Oxford United

Northampton Town

Sheffield United

Individual

8 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I'm not interested in below Championship level as that's not really relevant. Farke has been better than him at Championship level but Wilder has had one better season at Prem level.

• Like 1

I can’t believe what I’m reading on here. People wanting Pulis, or Wilder or Warnock even. It’s either insanity or sign of the total despair and desperation we’re all feeling about the embarrassment that is our football club at the minute.

I dearly hope it’s just the latter but please no to this nonsense.

I think Farke’s time is up, it’s painful to admit but I’d much rather keep him than have any of those.

44 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Although they actually ended up with 24 points (I think) despite not winning a game til January so he actually got them going in the second half of the season. 

4 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

I’d go for Wilder. And I think he wants the job based on his recent comments and the fact he watched us recently. 

@sheffcanary has said a few times, Wilder’s has recently got re married and there’s no chance his family want to move out of the Sheffield area. He is also a manager and not Head Coach so unless Webber’s intending on leaving then I can’t see it being Wilder or someone like that. And that’s if Farke goes into the bargain… 

4 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I would honestly rather go down 

...on Delia if it meant we didn't go anywhere near him as Farke's replacement.

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Wilder is on record as saying he won't work with a Sporting Director.

Howe won't leave the south coast again.

1 minute ago, sgncfc said:

Wilder is on record as saying he won't work with a Sporting Director.

Howe won't leave the south coast again.

So that leaves us with a "Mike Hunt", who's not been picking his phone up.  And Neil from the office, worked with Stu for past few week.

Ok, if you could prepare the press release I'll go grab Neil and get this confirmed, we'll convene at 3.30pm in the board room.

• Haha 1

I think it is more likely that we will appoint someone to "give Daniel Farke a hand" as an assistant manager.

Personally, I'd wait until Newcastle get rid of Graeme Jones and get him in as Assistant Coach rather than go for anyone else suggested on here.