Sign in to follow this  
urdie_Canary

How much longer do we persist with Krul....

We have the worst pair of keepers in the PL.

We may have bigger issues, but this is a considerable contributing factor.

The money sp*nked on Gunn was irresponsible.

58 minutes ago, unique said:

We have the worst pair of keepers in the PL.

We may have bigger issues, but this is a considerable contributing factor.

The money sp*nked on Gunn was irresponsible.

100%.

I could not believe it when I saw we'd signed Gunn permanently and for how much money. 

Not only do we pull our own pants down on the pitch but we do it in the transfer room, too. 

I see lots of ppl moaning about spending £5m on a back up keeper but last season ppl moaned because we had to rely on mcgovern, we couldn't risk that again. £5M for a back up prem gk to push krul seems good value to me.

Krul is good enough to play in the prem, pukki is good enough to score goals. The problem is the 9 players between them

• Like 1

Krul is a great guy, and fantastic leader. But his shot stopping abilities are deteriorating at an alarming rate. I think we'd have seen more of this last season, but for our near total dominance reducing him to a by stander for many games. 

He's becoming more erratic and his decision making is also on the slide. One on one's, he's still good. Penalty's he's still good. Regulation shots from distance, rubbish. He's just not agile enough anymore, and his timing off. He's cost us a few goals recently - and IMO a lot of the saves he makes are over hyped, and should be saved. 

Tim is adored by many, including me, but we have to look at this objectively. He's at the latter reaches of his career, and it's starting to show. 

Caretaker manager?

11 hours ago, glory.win or die. said:

I see lots of ppl moaning about spending £5m on a back up keeper but last season ppl moaned because we had to rely on mcgovern, we couldn't risk that again. £5M for a back up prem gk to push krul seems good value to me.

Krul is good enough to play in the prem, pukki is good enough to score goals. The problem is the 9 players between them

I think the real irony is that yes mcgovern got slack in the past but when Krul got injured and Mcgoven had to play in his place McGovern was playing like prime Buffon and looked every bit a great keeper

20 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Krul is one of the least of our problems.

His clanger lost the game for us on Sunday. Completely sucked the life out of the team performance. Our biggest problem is having players not good enough to play at this level. I fear Krul's recent performance are evidence he's is slipping into that category. And in such a key position, that's a big problem. 

11 hours ago, glory.win or die. said:

£5m for a backup keeper isn't good value- look at the backups for other teams around us and tell me which one spent £5m on them? The only time you end up with a keeper who costs that much on the bench is if you signed them for the first team and they flopped.

Leeds backup keeper at the weekend cost a reported £1.5m, Burnley have free transfer Wayne Hennessey backing up Pope, Brentford have a 23 year old on loan and Watford have a random Austrian they picked up for free from Stoke as a few examples.

Get off Daniel, Stu's, the team and the Board's back.....It's totally the Canary supporter's fault we aren't performing or winning.....FACT!....

35 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Krul is a great guy, and fantastic leader. But his shot stopping abilities are deteriorating at an alarming rate. I think we'd have seen more of this last season, but for our near total dominance reducing him to a by stander for many games. 

He's becoming more erratic and his decision making is also on the slide. One on one's, he's still good. Penalty's he's still good. Regulation shots from distance, rubbish. He's just not agile enough anymore, and his timing off. He's cost us a few goals recently - and IMO a lot of the saves he makes are over hyped, and should be saved. 

Tim is adored by many, including me, but we have to look at this objectively. He's at the latter reaches of his career, and it's starting to show. 

Caretaker manager?

Absolutely spot on, great post. 

45 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Caretaker manager?

Keepers are notoriously difficult to analyse statistically so you'll have to take it with a huge grain of salt but Whoscored have him as the worst keeper in the Premier League this season. 

Krull accepts it was his mistake - but the shot should never have been gifted from our poor defense

Gunn is a good quality keeper - just needs match time if Farke believes he needs a chance to shine like his Dad

Edit - I would play Gunn in the Championship - so maybe a good time soon to get him as many minutes on the pitch & up to match fitness / sharpness ready for next season

To be honest - if we do get relegated - our squad looks pretty poor to mount a promotion challenge

Edited by Doomcaster