cambridgeshire canary

Josh Sargent vs Ricky van Wolfswinkel

Josh Sargent vs Ricky van Wolfswinkel  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Josh Sargent vs Ricky van Wolfswinkel who's the better striker

• Sargent
    • van Wolfswinkel

Right now, I cannot see a Premier League player in Sargent - and that's what he was bought for. Same goes for Rachica - although I suspect he has more to come. I was more excited by the potential Tzolis, however he showed very little against Leeds too.

It really is concerning. 

I love Normann & Kabak - there's obvious quality there, however we're not on course to retain them are we?

23 hours ago, king canary said:

I do feel like he's one who could thrive in the league below. Two goals v Bournemouth, two in his two for Werder in the lower division before he moved to us.  

Yep, I think he'll do well in the championship. I have a feeling this may be Pukki's last season with us, so he'll probably be leading the line.

Sargent reminds of when we signed Johan Elmander. We persisted with Elmander in the PL when it was clear he was nowhere near good enough. He score 1 PL goal for us and we were relegated. At least Elmander was only on-loan.

Edited by Thingy

I think Sargent is one of the few people who will benefit if we get relegated. He'll get goals in the Championship just because he works hard and puts himself about, and also because the defending won't be as good.

If by some miracle we stay up, I think he's in danger of joining the Hall of Ignominy (or whatever it's called), along with RvW and (excuse me while I put on my gloves before typing this) Naismith.

If you look at anyone in any walk of life, for a new job, then take a massive look into what they have done in the past.

If will always give you a very good idea of what they will due in the future.

This would indicate that no one looked to deeply into Sargents goal scoring record. It was awful. Sargent Bilko would have been better.

At least Ricky had a good record, he was unlucky in having Hougton as his manager. 

5 minutes ago, Bradwell canary said:

If you look at anyone in any walk of life, for a new job, then take a massive look into what they have done in the past.

If will always give you a very good idea of what they will due in the future.

This would indicate that no one looked to deeply into Sargents goal scoring record. It was awful. Sargent Bilko would have been better.

At least Ricky had a good record, he was unlucky in having Hougton as his manager. 

RvW had talent in my opinion; he was the wrong person at the wrong time. We over-estimated his potential, I'm sure, but I'm also sure that with different handling and tactics he wouldn't have been as dire as he was.