Making Plans

Has he gone yet?

No and he won't be going anywhere, Webber made that fairly clear

He's here until we're at least mid table in the Championship, so about another 12 months of this dross, all very depressing. 

6 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I rather hoped this thread was about Webber actually.

Me too.

If Webber isn't prepared to sack Farke, then its the "Webber out" calls which need to start. 

1 minute ago, Uncle Fred said:

It’s staggering that he is still in a job some 4 hours after that debacle 

Staggering but not surprising. You have been calling this debacle since pre season Uncle Fred. You alone saw it coming.

15 minutes ago, Mullet said:

Staggering but not surprising. You have been calling this debacle since pre season Uncle Fred. You alone saw it coming.

The quality of the signings was what alarmed me very early on and have been proven correct unfortunately 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AJ said:

No and he won't be going anywhere, Webber made that fairly clear

Webber also made clear in the week that it was his belief that by the outlay of the club this summer they had 'given it a go' and that the team should be doing better than they are. So by having absolved himself of any blame as to the quality of signings he's overseen , Webber must therefore believe this is a failure in how theyre being coached.

If thats the case , he must act or he'll be tarnished with it too

• Like 1

Nope, those two are attached at the hip in a cosy job protecting relationship. “Nice little Norwich” would have to get rid of them both because Webber will not get rid of Farke, no matter how many games he loses.  I can see this side crashing out of the Premiership and then out of the Championship in successive seasons, that is how bad we are.

5 minutes ago, kenfoggo said:

Nope, those two are attached at the hip in a cosy job protecting relationship. “Nice little Norwich” would have to get rid of them both because Webber will not get rid of Farke, no matter how many games he loses.  I can see this side crashing out of the Premiership and then out of the Championship in successive seasons, that is how bad we are.

It'll be a very long season for these two if thats the case , if they believe they can front it out ,week in, week out for the next 6 months.

We're 8 pts adrift already before November.

If/when the crowd properly turn it will get ugly.

If the board, Webber included arent seen to be doing everything in their power to give us a chance of staying up, replacing the manager included, the crowd will quickly turn on them too...and thats often when a board acts.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

He's here until we're at least mid table in the Championship, so about another 12 months of this dross, all very depressing. 

Have a horrible feeling I think you're right.

If there's no press conference by Tuesday then it rather feels as though Farke is untouchable. Our only hope then is Webber decides to move on at the end of season and the new DF doesn't want to work with Farke. Even then it might well be Adams who succeeds Webber, and he sticks with Farke. Jobs for the boys!

10 minutes ago, kenfoggo said:

Yep I think this is the concern now, that we just carry this dross on into next season

5 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Have a horrible feeling I think you're right.

If there's no press conference by Tuesday then it rather feels as though Farke is untouchable. Our only hope then is Webber decides to move on at the end of season and the new DF doesn't want to work with Farke. Even then it might well be Adams who succeeds Webber, and he sticks with Farke. Jobs for the boys!

The crowd havent properly turned at home yet

...once they do , a manager doesnt often survive after 3 or so games of that.

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

The crowd havent properly turned at home yet

...once they do , a manager doesnt often survive after 3 or so games of that.

I'd rather he goes without waiting for the fans to turn really nasty. We've all seen it before when the toxicity overflows and it's a horrible thing.One thing Daniel doesn't deserve is that

• Like 2

Just now, Herman said:

I'd rather he goes without waiting for the fans to turn really nasty. We've all seen it before when the toxicity overflows and it's a horrible thing.One thing Daniel doesn't deserve is that

Only the board can prevent that..

He doesnt deserve it, there probably hasnt been a manager of this club since Ken Brown that the fans have wanted the fortunes to turn for so much....but if the board arent seen to be acting in the clubs best interest, then the fans will have to

3 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Only the board can prevent that..

He doesnt deserve it, there probably hasnt been a manager of this club since Ken Brown that the fans have wanted the fortunes to turn for so much....but if the board arent seen to be acting in the clubs best interest, then the fans will have to

That is Correct if Delia thinks so much of Farke the board should spare him going through that 

i honestly thought he might offer his Resignation and say sorry but i can not take this team any further 

i think it would save his reputation a bit also 

Our fans are mostly a polite sort, and given what Farke has done it would be a real shame for it to have to get seriously toxic at Carrow Road to force the board to act.

But given their track record, this will drag on until it does hit that point.

9 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

That is Correct if Delia thinks so much of Farke the board should spare him going through that 

i honestly thought he might offer his Resignation and say sorry but i can not take this team any further 

I think like we've seen with him with the way he acts with certain players, including Cantwell now (imo), he's too stubborn for his own good, he won't quit. 

19 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

It would also cost him 20-30k a week for four years. Not happening 

8 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Our fans are mostly a polite sort, and given what Farke has done it would be a real shame for it to have to get seriously toxic at Carrow Road to force the board to act.

But given their track record, this will drag on until it does hit that point.

We left it far too late with Hughton, giving Adams 5 ridiculously hard games to save us

...under Alex Neil, they should have sacked him when we lost 2-0 away at a dreadful Villa team in February when we could see that Neil was out of his depth and a relegation battle looming...but didnt act.

...and now , even at this early stage they probably left it too late.

Manager's who mught have thought  they could have done something with us a couple of weeks ago will now think we're a lost cause.

...Sheff Utd took too long to act with Wilder last season and ended up with Heckingbottom in temporary charge for the remainder of the season as nobody else would touch it.

18 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Manager's who mught have thought  they could have done something with us a couple of weeks ago will now think we're a lost cause

Was chatting to some Leeds fans on the train home, and this is exactly what I said to them, leave it much longer and no manager in their right mind will touch us. 

The focus on changing ownership needs to continue post Farke, it's absolutely a greater concern for the future of our club. We cannot let it rest. Its sad that it has come to needing focused action against them but it needs to happen. We will forever be indebted to Delia and Michael but they need to wake up and smell the roses; their dream was good while it lasted but reality has hit. Sad times.

1 minute ago, Captain Holt said:

The focus on changing ownership needs to continue post Farke, it's absolutely a greater concern for the future of our club. We cannot let it rest. Its sad that it has come to needing focused action against them but it needs to happen. We will forever be indebted to Delia and Michael but they need to wake up and smell the roses; their dream was good while it lasted but reality has hit. Sad times.

The sustainable club thing is really nice but how long will the fans tolerant it in the current climate of world football. We just want competitiveness. We don’t have to lose our principals just because of new ownership. There seems to be this black and white mindset that if we get into sustainable debt to compete with a billionaire owner than we’ll become evil and lose our morals. I’d love the bucks with the infrastructure and mindset we have now, so long as due diligence was done in recruitment across the board like we have been doing under Webber than Norwich would tick over nicely. 

Thread starts  "Farke has to go" then "Webber has to go" and then bingo, a full house - "the owners have to go".

To be replaced by what? By who?  Would you undo all the work that has been done over the last four years? The building of the infrastructure, the promotions, the money invested in the young players, the finances that are building which will allow us to develop the squad further in the future?   The club is still way more healthy than it has been for years and building resources and bringing through youngsters, which will continue, even if we are relegated again.  

Things feel very bad at the moment, but we weren't miles away from getting something yesterday and we do have quality players at the club.  I don't care if pundits write us off, I don't care if other clubs fans laugh at us, all that matters is that we stick together and that will see us through.  They laughed at us last time in the PL - and we answered that with record breaking points total the following season - they weren't laughing then! 

Tough at the moment? Of course it is, but wholesale change is not the answer (imo).  We may not have zillions of pounds to spend, but we have plenty to be proud of so stick with it and we may just come out of the other side of this. Stranger things have happened in football that clubs can seem down and out and then suddenly things start to click. It isn't over until it's over - and there is always the next game and a new challenge.