Harry53

Stop the excuses DF. We need Cantwell playing

Fine him, ban him, sell him or play him but stop giving us these ridiculous excuses about fitness when you play someone for 45 minutes who's injured and can't kick properly. 

4 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

It’s very easy for Farke to throw some unspecific  bomb out there that suggests Todd has had a poor attitude in training but who is to say it’s true? Webber and Farke are both not adverse to a bit of spin when it suits them. What exactly can Todd do to disprove it if he can’t get in the squad or on the pitch and training sessions are behind closed doors? 

Yes, but there is the opposite possibility as well: that Cantwell is a self-serving, trouble-making little **** with an inflated idea of his own importance.

The truth is, you and I don't know. I tend towards Cantwell being the problem; you tend towards Farke. What does seem clear is that there is a problem and it is destroying our club's chances this season.

15 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Yes, but there is the opposite possibility as well: that Cantwell is a self-serving, trouble-making little **** with an inflated idea of his own importance.

The truth is, you and I don't know. I tend towards Cantwell being the problem; you tend towards Farke. What does seem clear is that there is a problem and it is destroying our club's chances this season.

If your theory is true, why did they not get rid of him as quickly as they got rid of Buendia? And used the money to buy a decent player. 

Another rumour is that he wants to leave because of the abuse he gets from his own team's fans. As above. 

21 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

That's why being a manager is a tough job and is well paid. A good manager gets the best out of his players. I'm afraid Farke isn't getting the best out of Todd at the moment, for whatever reason.

38 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

If your theory is true, why did they not get rid of him as quickly as they got rid of Buendia? And used the money to buy a decent player. 

Another rumour is that he wants to leave because of the abuse he gets from his own team's fans. As above. 

Because no one wanted to pay enough money for him.

EDIT: As for wanting to leave because of abuse, poor little snowflake. He should try being a black player getting bananas thrown at him. He's in his twenties now, he's not 16. He gets more money each week than many people get each year for working their **** off. The least he can do is try to show a bit of professionalism.

Edited by canarybubbles

16 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

And now they are bound to pay even less for him. Well done Farke. 

As was said above, a good manager gets the best out of his players. Clearly Farke isn’t doing that. 

Accusing Cantwell for lack of professionalism and calling him a snowflake is a bit much. Especially as the only reason we have to question his professionalism is what Farke has said about him. 

A great manager would never throw his own player under the bus like that, publicly. Sir Alex would never have done that. For me that just shows how useless Farke is at man management.

6 minutes ago, ÅlandicCanary said:

And now they are bound to pay even less for him. Well done Farke. 

As was said above, a good manager gets the best out of his players. Clearly Farke isn’t doing that. 

Accusing Cantwell for lack of professionalism and calling him a snowflake is a bit much. Especially as the only reason we have to question his professionalism is what Farke has said about him. 

A great manager would never throw his own player under the bus like that, publicly. Sir Alex would never have done that. For me that just shows how useless Farke is at man management.

My memory may be wrong on this but pretty sure Sir Alex did throw Beckham under a bus once and sure there were a few other occasions where he blatantly did it to other players (he also did it to Moyes when he took over from him)

44 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

EDIT: As for wanting to leave because of abuse, poor little snowflake. He should try being a black player getting bananas thrown at him. He's in his twenties now, he's not 16. He gets more money each week than many people get each year for working their **** off. The least he can do is try to show a bit of professionalism.

Nobody wanted to pay the unreasonable price we put on him. 

It says a lot about you that you find some kinds of abuse acceptable and it varies with your salaries. You seem to like dishing it out on presumptions. 

7 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

Nobody wanted to pay the unreasonable price we put on him. 

It says a lot about you that you find some kinds of abuse acceptable and it varies with your salaries. You seem to like dishing it out on presumptions. 

He clearly divides opinion. Personally I hope he gets what he wants and leaves the club as soon as possible. 

1 hour ago, rock bus said:

My memory may be wrong on this but pretty sure Sir Alex did throw Beckham under a bus once and sure there were a few other occasions

You may be right, I don’t remember all the details spanning his long and illustrious career. But I have a feeling he handled these issues more delicately, in private. Problematic players had to go (examples Stam, Beckham, Veron (?), van Nistelrooy…) but while at the club, he never publically questioned their professionalism. The players always knew he had their backs. But again yes there could have been some exceptions…

My point being that DF does not seem to inspire the same respect, trust and confidence as Sir Alex used to inspire in his players.

This is however just my opinion from the outside so the reality could ofc be very different.

Anyway, here’s hoping Cantwell gets back into to team soon. He’s a terriffic player with lots of potential. OTBC

Edited by ÅlandicCanary
Typos

On 31/10/2021 at 09:50, Harry53 said:

I don't buy all the reasons given why Todd hasn't played for the last few games. I would guess he has shown some arrogance and annoyed the hell out of the boss who will not tolerate this attitude. I may be wrong but it's my feeling. 

Thing is with no player as creative or as skilful as Todd in the squad I see this situation as working against us winning games. 

Just look at today. No calm control, intelligence or skill to create decent openings in the last third.  Todd does this brilliantly and when playing links well with Teemu. 

For the sake of ncfc please get Todd playing. 

If he has had all those reasons for not playing I apologise, but I somehow doubt it. 

I think Cantwell should say something, anything.  Things are going down the toilet and he's photographed by his car.  Doesn't make sense.