For the future

Webber and Farke need to go

Stuart Webber and Daniel Farke need to be sacked straight away as both are only good enough for the championship and not the premier league so the Board of Directors need to act now before it’s to late 

• Thanks 1

Absolute nonsense, Webber has done wonders for this club.

I do however worry about Farke. When he came his philosophy was possession based football. He’s lost belief in that and resorted to long ball/hoofball tactics. When that happens as a Norwich manager then there is only one outcome.

Both will walk at the end of the season after we’re relegated. Relegation will be blamed on the fans for not getting behind the team.

Russell Martin and Neil Adams to take charge next year

Recruitment has been terrible on the whole with the odd exception. How many windows have we been saying we need power and pace to compete at this level? We look so inferior physically. 
No real pace or creativity and this group of players can’t play farkes style when put under the pressure and speed of the prem. 

Just now, Yellow Green Army said:

I do however worry about Farke. When he came his philosophy was possession based football. He’s lost belief in that and resorted to long ball/hoofball tactics. When that happens as a Norwich manager then there is only one outcome.

He’s done well but I don’t think you can call it wonders. McNally had more success 

9 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Add the people who run the club too. It’s rotten from the top 

I agree with the first part but rotten is the wrong word. "Limited" or "tinpot" would be more applicable.

Our ceiling without external funding is 20th in the prem. The drawbridge will soon close even on that.

We need someone to invest to get to the next level but I fear we will need to fall much further for someone to think it's worth the gamble.

Just now, BigGrantsTash said:

He’s done well but I don’t think you can call it wonders. McNally had more success 

less billionaire clubs then. Basically every club in the top flight and most in the championship have more funding scope than us. Scraping survival with a tinpot squad was achievable then.

14 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Add the people who run the club too. It’s rotten from the top 

...and all the fans and the corner flags.

5 minutes ago, BigGrantsTash said:

Both will walk at the end of the season after we’re relegated. Relegation will be blamed on the fans for not getting behind the team.

Russell Martin and Neil Adams to take charge next year

Still the same owners so what will change ever?  

7 minutes ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Webber's recruitment record is not anything good. I don't understand you defending him.

Since 2017, can you name all the successes down to him and I bet I could name double the amount who are failures.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Webbers problem is that he's sought an answer to the challenge of the club, but not the answer to this seasons survival. 

It's hard to argue that these players don't meet the top 26 criteria, but it's obvious that the majority aren't up to this level currently. 

To gauge his success really comes down to what truly his targets are. 

1 minute ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I thought the fans defended terribly today

I don't know where the expression "not sticking together" comes from. I think we are unanimous in our condemnation of today's game and those responsible for it.

8 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

less billionaire clubs then. Basically every club in the top flight and most in the championship have more funding scope than us. Scraping survival with a tinpot squad was achievable then.

Scraping survival? Wasn’t it 2 mid table finishes? But anyway I’m not arguing I think he’s done very well but I think others have matched him 

I thought the whole point of the Sporting Director/Head Coach setup is to allow you the continuity of removing a failing coach without changing everything.

Sacking both seems a bit overkill especially when it seems pretty obvious Webber has complete control. I’d rather Webber stays and actually proves he can cut it at this level, I think he needs to if he wants the job at a bigger club.

• Like 1

Webber’s record with signings does seem a bit like Arsene Wenger’s for Arsenal. One or two great players… but in amongst a dozen absolute duds. I think this year, bar Norman, who has looked impressive so far, he’s totally failed. And now the proverbial has hit the fan.

In a performance-critical industry, the time is up, one thinks.

16 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Are you forgetting our parachute payments in the Championship and our home gates of 26K?

Just because a club has a rich owner doesn't mean they are going to spend it. Taker Bristol City for instance. Spent a lot on the ground but nothing on players are their first foray into spending large failed miserably.

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

Are you forgetting our parachute payments in the Championship and our home gates of 26K?

Just because a club has a rich owner doesn't mean they are going to spend it. Taker Bristol City for instance. Spent a lot on the ground but nothing on players are their first foray into spending large failed miserably.

which is why we can continually build teams capable of winning the championship. Once that fails then we'll be struggling big time. Can't do the Yo-Yo dance forever. I suspect the likes of Bristol City will be smelling blood next season when we go down. Covid has absolutely screwed the big championship sides in particular due to reliance on gate receipts.

Next season there will be some decent externally backed sides to give us and our parachute payments a run for our money.

Perhaps a few seasons of decent finishes but not promotion will do us good anyway while we plot a new plan as the "self funded" one isn't sustainable if we want to get anywhere worth shouting about.

40 minutes ago, For the future said:

Stuart Webber and Daniel Farke need to be sacked straight away as both are only good enough for the championship and not the premier league so the Board of Directors need to act now before it’s to late 

So what next then once they've gone???

11 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

I thought the whole point of the Sporting Director/Head Coach setup is to allow you the continuity of removing a failing coach without changing everything.

Sacking both seems a bit overkill especially when it seems pretty obvious Webber has complete control. I’d rather Webber stays and actually proves he can cut it at this level, I think he needs to if he wants the job at a bigger club.

Exactly. Amazing that after, what is it, four years, people seem to have no idea how the club is run.

1 minute ago, Tetteys Jig said:

which is why we can continually build teams capable of winning the championship. Once that fails then we'll be struggling big time. Can't do the Yo-Yo dance forever. I suspect the likes of Bristol City will be smelling blood next season when we go down. Covid has absolutely screwed the big championship sides in particular due to reliance on gate receipts.

Next season there will be some decent externally backed sides to give us and our parachute payments a run for our money.

Perhaps a few seasons of decent finishes but not promotion will do us good anyway while we plot a new plan as the "self funded" one isn't sustainable if we want to get anywhere worth shouting about.

Self funding was praised by the pundits as they way forward for smaller clubs. But we don't think we are a small club. That is the problem.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Self funding was praised by the pundits as they way forward for smaller clubs. But we don't think we are a small club. That is the problem.

exactly, there's scope there for a bit of external funding, enough to not get beaten targets like Billing, Armstrong and Ajer because of a couple of million and not have to sell our best player after getting promoted. When we are relying on the likes of Sargent to come in and do a job, we are swimming against the tide. Sure it might work occasionally but then they just want out to bigger and better at the earliest opportunity and we have to gamble all over again.

Yet again it's frustrating watching us throw all our hard work of getting promoted away, especially when you see how hard it is for some to achieve that in the first place.

We are paying for the sins of the present and Webber/Farke ain’t capable of sorting their mess so it’s time for a major change 

1 hour ago, Tetteys Jig said:

I agree with the first part but rotten is the wrong word. "Limited" or "tinpot" would be more applicable.

Our ceiling without external funding is 20th in the prem. The drawbridge will soon close even on that.

We need someone to invest to get to the next level but I fear we will need to fall much further for someone to think it's worth the gamble.

If the owners publicly stated they were open to investment, I’m sure there would be interest