Sign in to follow this  
ncfc-tom

New manager?

10 minutes ago, kenfoggo said:

Not sure what the point of a new Head Coach might be at this moment. If the present Head Coach cannot motivate a squad to play with a little pride and commitment after a 7-0 defeat, and at home with a capacity crowd then whom so ever you bring in (even if you can find a candidate who is good enough AND prepared to take on this shower of a squad) will be unlikely to draw out an improvement. The most disappointing and depressing state of affairs at Carrow Road that I can remember. All we can look forward to is more of the same, more awful performances, more losses and more jokes about our Club. And…. it is not yet November and we are already relegated.

Didn't seem much wrong with their commitment today, tbh. Just the usual lack of quality and fatal errors. 

The lack of any kind of attacking structure in the last 25 mins was the most damning thing in terms of DF's role, imho. We just didn't look like creating anything.

4 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Think I’ll just keep copying the same comment on all the new manager threads because I just can’t stand this “there’s nobody better who will come” argument. It’s little old Norwich bull. Webber’s job is literally to have that list ready to go. 

Whoever it is gets a free hit at the PL then (probably let’s face it) gets a go at the championship with one of the best squads and one of the biggest budgets behind him. 

Really across the whole of European football there’s not a single person who could potentially do a better job and would come? That’s laughable considering just how bad Farkes record at this level is and the damage that is clearly and obviously being done to this team.

👏👏👏

Yep. We may be awful on the pitch but we are a Prem side, in a healthy-ish financial state. Many a coach would bite our hands off to come here.

A new manager should challenge the board to support them with players capable of the job, so of course its in our benefit. 

We lack a player of absolute quality which every other team has.  Previously we had the likes of Huckerby and Holt.

Today we relied on a gift from Leeds to kick the ball out for a corner and a young CB to get his head on the ball. It's pathetic. 

"But who else is there? Really? In all the professional leagues in world football? From the last 20 odd years? There's ALOT of people out there who would love an opportunity to manage in the worlds BEST league!

51 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

At what point will that happen though? Webber’s gone on record as saying there won’t be any knee jerk reaction to Farke’s sacking. We scored too, they’ll be this clamour of green shoots but it’s not enough. How far does it have to be pushed for it to happen? My fear is a lot longer. 

It’s not knee jerk if you’ve not won a game at this level for 25 games 

57 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

We're down whatever, don't even delude yourself there's any hope we survive this season. The new manager should treat the rest of the season as friendlies and prep for next season and mounting yet another promotion campaign. We might as well send the loanees back now as they are now no material use to us.

Amen 

No!

We spend a shed load of money on someone with PL experience 

Eddie Howe or Steve Bruce. If neither keep us up I’m not bothered - as Simone previously said we’d grasp at straws and take a 2% to remain up.

Me I’d pay Eddie Howe to  give us enough points to not be a EPL disgrace!

No chance the NCFC Board will pay up Webbers &/or Farkes contract

No idea who could be a better Head Coach or Sporting Director to come in for another Championship challenge & promotion push than the Webber /Farke duo we have at present?

Clearly Webber is struggling to find quality players for NCFC now - Webber struggled in the same way within his recent past - just some Welsh bluster giving him a bit more time

As for Prem challenges in the future - they are both no where near good enough IMHO

As for Championship challenges - I think they are both  good enough to give us a decent chance for promotion

But I'm not sure even at Championship level the 1st XI is good enough to be honest any more, as this current squad is pretty poor tbh

OTBC

There is no point winning the Champs if we are not going to compete in the PL. So, even if DF stays, and delivers a record third promotion, what on earth is the point??? Why celebrate something which is doomed to fail?

3 minutes ago, Tumbleweed said:

There is no point winning the Champs if we are not going to compete in the PL. So, even if DF stays, and delivers a record third promotion, what on earth is the point??? Why celebrate something which is doomed to fail?

perhaps in the meantime the rules will change or we'll get some better investment and not have to immediately sell our best player upon promotion?

Surely it's better than stagnating into football league mediocrity, continuously losing money and looking over your shoulder at the financial abyss?

We do so desperately need someone to back us for a good £100m at least though if we are going to give the prem a go and afford our A list targets and keep our best players a bit longer. Until that changes then 20th in the prem is as good as it gets.