Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

And that's it. It's over.

The frustrating thing about it is that just like Brighton, Leeds were there for the taking. Lets face it we are not good enough for this league and Farke is also not good enough for this league. The self funded model is smoke and mirrors, Webber is full of rubbish and Farke is too, really had enough of it all.............

2 hours ago, Petriix said:

Ultimately it just reinforces how bad our transfer business was. Maybe if we'd been playing this system (which, by the way, looks pretty well balanced) all season then there would be a bit more cohesion.

Let's face it, who would want to come here except for the money?  We pay over the odds because that's all we can get.  Being the 11th highest spenders in Europe means nothing if we're being ripped off.  Everyone in football knows we're only in the PL for the parachute payments.  Not such a clever plan after all, is it?

Edited by benchwarmer

Barring a miracle this season is well and truly busted and I’m increasingly coming to the opinion that if we go down we won’t be bouncing straight back up. The so called self sustaining model has reached its ceiling and that is the bottom of this league. All very depressing and I’ve no enthusiasm left to see us return to this level under these owners.

Oops - sausage fingers. Was going to add,, not quick enough, not strong enough, not accurate enough, and error prone.  You can’t change that by changing the manager, or in one transfer window. 

No chance of staying up.  Time to drop the loan players as we have nothing to gain from playing them. 

1 hour ago, Danke bitte said:

That’s a fair assessment. Thanks for that! Maybe I was naive in thinking the summer signings were all that. I had my doubts about Sergant and they seem fully justified. Rashica is a really bummer though, given how much of a coup it was rumoured to be. 

I think the buck stops with Webber but Farke also has some culpability when clearly he talked tactics to Webber in order to get the players in we needed. 

As Feed The Wolf has rightly stated, there’s so much grey area with the fans right now that Farke is going nowhere. Unfortunately it’ll probably come to some form of toxic meltdown for his removal. No one wants to see that though

Webber has been totally open in saying our player budgets mean they go for inexperienced players with good potential, but that comes with high risk of not being good enough at the end of the day. There's a mismatch between the club's approach and some fans' expectations. 

Overall they've created a model that makes promotion from the Championship very probable and relegation from the Premier league also very probable. The benefit of that approach is that you're financially secure, consistently build foundations, and if you do survive in the Premier league one season then your chances of establishing yourself with an identity is very good, but you'll probably have a number of disappointments on the way. 

19 minutes ago, hogesar said:

McLean was ok. Statistically was the 3rd best CM on the pitch behind Normann and Dallas (out of 6 players if you need the maths).

See, that's our recruitment problem. Too much creedance given to statistics rather than what people see with their own eyes.

33 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

Barring a miracle this season is well and truly busted and I’m increasingly coming to the opinion that if we go down we won’t be bouncing straight back up. The so called self sustaining model has reached its ceiling and that is the bottom of this league. All very depressing and I’ve no enthusiasm left to see us return to this level under these owners.

I agree this season will demoralise us so much I'd be more concerned about leaving the Championship the other way than back up. However if Farke somehow got us back up, I'm not sure I'd have the stomach to watch him out of his depth for a 3rd season. 

• Like 1

On reflection I think that as Supporters,who incidentally have been here for decades before the arrival of Farke and will be here for decades after he has gone, we have been extremely naive. We believed he had a plan. We believed he had substance, we believed in him. It turns out that he is a one trick pony whose ability is only for the Championship. Everyone fell for it, even after the last Premiership season, which was the worst season this Club has EVER had. This season is going to be even worse , probably the worst season ever by any team in the Premiership. It will have the Norwich name forever in the history books as the most laughable side ever in the Premiership. What a great legacy for Farke and for Webber.

2 hours ago, kenfoggo said:

On reflection I think that as Supporters,who incidentally have been here for decades before the arrival of Farke and will be here for decades after he has gone, we have been extremely naive. We believed he had a plan. We believed he had substance, we believed in him. It turns out that he is a one trick pony whose ability is only for the Championship. Everyone fell for it, even after the last Premiership season, which was the worst season this Club has EVER had. This season is going to be even worse , probably the worst season ever by any team in the Premiership. It will have the Norwich name forever in the history books as the most laughable side ever in the Premiership. What a great legacy for Farke and for Webber.

Swindon Town fans will be pleased at least, reckon we've got a good chance of conceding more than 100.

Edited by Carn
accidently hit enter

I have never seen a Side like Leeds actually give Norwich the ball and say score come on look we just passed to you. they were truly awful yet still no win..its over and out....

19 hours ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

"Shut up you little c*nt!"

OTBC

I got a 24hr ban on Facebook for saying that. :classic_ohmy:

19 hours ago, Petriix said:

It was a fairly decent first half. We gave it a go. We just lack a bit of quality. Unfortunately Sargent and Rashica have not lived up to their transfer fees.

You can't blame Farke for Krul letting that in. The first goal was a bit of individual skill. They ran out of ideas and ran out of steam towards the end. Definitely missing Cantwell, and taking Dowell off removed the last of our creativity.

Ultimately it just reinforces how bad our transfer business was. Maybe if we'd been playing this system (which, by the way, looks pretty well balanced) all season then there would be a bit more cohesion.

I think Sargent and Rashica have absolutely lived up to their transfer fees. You don't get PL players for £9m. Farke presumably thought he could improve them, but he hasn't.

I also do blame Farke for fronting up Raphinha with a 19 year old centre back. That's kind of admitting that Giannoulis and Williams are both not very good left backs.

Leaving Gilmore on the bench and sticking with Sargent after last week blew the last of Farke's credibility for me.

19 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

It should be over. But I doubt it will be. Never mind next season, lets try and get something out of this one. And I don't believe DF has a clue how to do that so we need someone new.

No A lister will come here so we are probably looking at four. Hodgson, Lamapard, Wilder and Howe.

I know it wouldn't be popular but I'd be happy with Hodgson or Steve Bruce until the end of the season. I don't think any of the others would come to Norwich.

Hodgson has retired, Wilder is a busted flush and the over-rated Howe thinks he is too big for a club like ours.  Lampard? After experiencing the joys of Chelsea's kingdom of riches I doubt Delia's 'One Is Fun' will entice him to Carrow Road.  An outside shout from me would be Nigel Pearson.

Edited by Numan

18 hours ago, hogesar said:

McLean was ok. Statistically was the 3rd best CM on the pitch behind Normann and Dallas (out of 6 players if you need the maths).

Regardless, McLean and Norman weren't really our problem today.

And that's why stats never tell the whole story. He left Rodrigo for the second goal and was almost anonymous in the second half after a decent first 30 minutes. He may well have run a long way and completed a few passes but not tracking your man which contributes to a goal isn't shown up. It's not like it's the first time this season that he's contributed to a goal given away. In the Championship or for Scotland, he might be good enough, but not in this league - not with better options on the bench in Gilmore and PLM.

19 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Yes they are and you’ll hear nothing from them guaranteed. 

That's unless the Club Matriarch has another pashunut microphone grabbin' pitch waddlin' "In Vino Veritas"......moment?....

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

The frustrating thing about it is that just like Brighton, Leeds were there for the taking. 

You can throw in Leicester and Watford to that too. 

I can't remember a poorer set of teams coming to Carrow Road consecutively in the premier league, generally the standard of the others sides has been shocking - partly because they've been hampered by injury or simply out of form (Leicester / Leeds). 

The fact we only have one point to show from those games says it all. 

• Like 2