Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

And that's it. It's over.

42 minutes ago, Temefan said:

Maybe DF's game philosophy just doesn't work in prem. But there's a lot of games still to play..

it does, just not with beta players. We'd need £30m players like Benrahma/Bowen to get results with that style. If we are going to attempt 17th on a shoestring then we need pure ****houses in there like Burnley/Sheff UTD have shown can be done.

• Like 2

I give up honestly I give up if that and the previous 25 premier league games wasn’t enough will we ever make a positive change

our owners are a joke 

Season over I’m afraid no way are we staying up just have to accept it , don’t matter who plays or what manager we have it aint going to happen we will beat Derby record 

2 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

I give up honestly I give up if that and the previous 25 premier league games wasn’t enough will we ever make a positive change

our owners are a joke 

Yes they are and you’ll hear nothing from them guaranteed. 

9 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Do you think Farke can turn this around for his own reputation, and surpass Derby’s record from what you saw today? Are there green shoots in that midfield or are the signings genuinely woeful?

It might be down to the quality of the opposition, but our midfield today was so much better than it's been all season. You just can't account for the lack of quality in attack.

Sargent ran hard, but showed no understanding of how Pukki moves. Rashica just kept crossing the ball without much thought for who was in the box.

We are missing Cantwell and Buendia. We didn't sign enough quality in the summer. Is that Farke's fault, and would his replacement get more out of this squad?

I'm not at all convinced that replacing him would achieve anything.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Petriix said:

It might be down to the quality of the opposition, but our midfield today was so much better than it's been all season. You just can't account for the lack of quality in attack.

Sargent ran hard, but showed no understanding of how Pukki moves. Rashica just kept crossing the ball without much thought for who was in the box.

We are missing Cantwell and Buendia. We didn't sign enough quality in the summer. Is that Farke's fault, and would his replacement get more out of this squad?

That’s a fair assessment. Thanks for that! Maybe I was naive in thinking the summer signings were all that. I had my doubts about Sergant and they seem fully justified. Rashica is a really bummer though, given how much of a coup it was rumoured to be. 

I think the buck stops with Webber but Farke also has some culpability when clearly he talked tactics to Webber in order to get the players in we needed. 

As Feed The Wolf has rightly stated, there’s so much grey area with the fans right now that Farke is going nowhere. Unfortunately it’ll probably come to some form of toxic meltdown for his removal. No one wants to see that though. 

15 minutes ago, Petriix said:

Why keep on about Buendia? Cantwell yes.

But surely as positive as you are, you blame just the attack?  DF had Gilmour, Rupp and PLM available instead of the anonymous McLean. Rashica did his job in getting crosses in and with two up front at least one of them should be challenging.

We bought Sargent to give us physicality and a target for the crosses. 

If Rashica is doing his job to get crosses in we have both Sargent and Pukki to get something on it. Sargent is looking a waste of £9m or so

Leeds were no great shakes and definitely under par - but they still had a bit more about them than our struggling squad......

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

This was a pretty good performance today. And we still lost

I thought there was a huge number of sloppy passes. Bemused to see Krul doing so many long goal kicks, but with passing like that I guess it's the only way. 

Still not convinced managerial change is the answer though because it looks to me like too many individuals failing to deliver technical standards to make tactics or strategy relevant. 

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Hoggy will be along in a bit to say how well Kenny played. That’s after he’s bought him a few pints and had his shirt signed. 

McLean was ok. Statistically was the 3rd best CM on the pitch behind Normann and Dallas (out of 6 players if you need the maths).

Regardless, McLean and Norman weren't really our problem today.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Leeds were no great shakes and definitely under par - but they still had a bit more about them than our struggling squad......

Leeds were very poor but they have some genuine Premier League attackers that we don't have. Raphina is one of those. They'll still be in a relegation battle all season but its that little bit of quality that will give them a chance.

• Like 2

Up until today I still held out hope but after that I can just see a team that however hard it tries or is set up I can’t see them being good enough .

Andy looks good, Noman also .Little Max is ok but even in the shadow of another defeat I just can’t see any other that I can say they are Prem class. 
A team can get by with a team similar but it needs a certain amount of class in this division and unfortunately we don’t have enough.

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Leeds were very poor but they have some genuine Premier League attackers that we don't have. Raphina is one of those. They'll still be in a relegation battle all season but its that little bit of quality that will give them a chance.

could honestly see the 3 that went up still be the 3 that go down. Brentford have lost that early momentum and Watford are a bit Basket case, always seem on the brink of chaos and then dig out a weird result to stop the rot.

I don't think either of them have enough quality in depth to pull away from the others around there. I guess we'll have to see just what Newcastle manage to get in January or else they'd be a potential scalp as well.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Give them a chance! They must be 1/20 to stay up. Let go Hoggy they have been in a dip of form but will be no where near the bottom 3. 

11 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Unless you fancy a wager? 

12 minutes ago, hogesar said:

McLean was ok. Statistically was the 3rd best CM on the pitch behind Normann and Dallas (out of 6 players if you need the maths).

Regardless, McLean and Norman weren't really our problem today.

Being honest can't remember a single thing McLean did today, not sure if that's a good or bad. 

1 hour ago, Tetteys Jig said:

it does, just not with beta players. We'd need £30m players like Benrahma/Bowen to get results with that style. If we are going to attempt 17th on a shoestring then we need pure ****houses in there like Burnley/Sheff UTD have shown can be done.

We did the sh*thouse thing in style with Holt/Morison/Bradley Johnson 

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

Being honest can't remember a single thing McLean did today, not sure if that's a good or bad. 

He’s so poor at this level but his biggest fan will never have it. 

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

We did the sh*thouse thing in style with Holt/Morison/Bradley Johnson 

and we stayed up for a bit managing to rattle a few big boys in the process along with taking the odd **** whooping and generally mentally recovering from those pretty quickly. I think the bottom half of the prem has moved on from that in recent years though and even that is becoming increasingly hard to do successfully.

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

Came over to the Barclay at the end of the game and was roundly boo'ed. Krul did the same and was applauded, yet his error cost us the game. Make of that what you will.

But if you think that was a good performance then you need to have a word with yourself.

An afternoon of hoofball. A new low.

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Its not my fault the literal statistics and professional coaches disagree with you. He's far from my favourite player but some need to have an individual to choose and slate regardless of performance,  presumably to cope with some of their own issues at home or whatever. Its always been the case.

First season under Farke it was Mario, plenty on here wouldn't accept he was anything more than a League One single paced waste of space.

Now for a few on here its Kenny. Funny,  because for those actually at games will be aware that the Kenny McLean song was sung in the barclay a couple times today.

• Like 2

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

Came over to the Barclay at the end of the game and was roundly boo'ed. Krul did the same and was applauded, yet his error cost us the game. Make of that what you will.

But if you think that was a good performance then you need to have a word with yourself.

An afternoon of hoofball. A new low.

Hoggy must be related to him he’s that delusional. 

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Its not my fault the literal statistics and professional coaches disagree with you. He's far from my favourite player but some need to have an individual to choose and slate regardless of performance,  presumably to cope with some of their own issues at home or whatever. Its always been the case.

First season under Farke it was Mario, plenty on here wouldn't accept he was anything more than a League One single paced waste of space.

Now for a few on here its Kenny. Funny,  because for those actually at games will be aware that the Kenny McLean song was sung in the barclay a couple times today.

Whatever, do you want a bet on Leeds going down though? 

28 minutes ago, hogesar said:

What's the metric for saying 'third best statistically?' I'm going to assume whoscored rating but those aren't some infallible proof- there are plenty of questions about any methodology that tries to create an overall player rating based on stats. 

6 minutes ago, king canary said:

What's the metric for saying 'third best statistically?' I'm going to assume whoscored rating but those aren't some infallible proof- there are plenty of questions about any methodology that tries to create an overall player rating based on stats. 

Of course its not infallible proof. But its a step better than deciding before every game hes going to be the worst player on the pitch and refusing to acknowledge otherwise regardless of what happens.

Which is what the poster calling me out has done for 2 years.