Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

And that's it. It's over.

We can't beat Leeds at home, nevermind being able to get a point from them. The mass boos ring out as the ref blows, and we have what, one goal from open play? The vultures are here, and Farke is looking scared.

I just don't see any way for survival. I just can't see it. Forgot relegated by Christmas.. Relegated on Halloween and yet again made the Premier League laughing stock for millions watching worldwide.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

We can't beat Leeds at home, nevermind being able to get a point from them. The mass boos ring out as the ref blows, and we have what, one goal from open play? The vultures are here, and Farke is looking scared.

I just don't see any way for survival. I just can't see it. Forgot relegated by Christmas.. Relegated on Halloween and yet again made the Premier League laughing stock for millions watching worldwide.

You need a Lakey cheer me up paragraph or twenty. You’ll feel like a dog with 2 coc£s when you read it. 

• Haha 4

Got to say, I thought these next 5 games were vital, worked hard but nothing in midfield, not even November got to now admit relegation is invertible now.

• Like 1

This was a Leeds side that IMO were so poor any other PL side would have beaten them today. More effort than last week but that wasn't difficult, was it? Farke out

The Canaries are doing my swede in and that’s just not during today that they have.

Time to get back to tending the Thai green curry, anything to put my mind off this shower.

A better performance but that's not saying much.  Pukki looks tired, Sargent looks lost and Kabak thinks he is Cruyff.  The midfield started ok but faded away in the 2nd half.  What next?

• Thanks 1

It should be but can’t see it, there will be crickets and Farke will be in charge for Brentford I imagine.

2 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

It should be but can’t see it, there will be crickets and Farke will be in charge for Brentford I imagine.

We're obviously playing the wrong game, that's the problem

• Haha 1

Maybe DF's game philosophy just doesn't work in prem. But there's a lot of games still to play..

Edited by Temefan

12 minutes ago, Temefan said:

Maybe DF's game philosophy just doesn't work in prem. But there's a lot of games still to play..

It doesn't and I don't understand why Webber can't see it. There's such a thing as being too insular and ignoring perfectly valid criticisms. Any other pl side would have beaten Leeds today, it's embarrassing, not good enough and something needs to be done now to give a new man a chance 

Leeds game plan. Shut eyes, bang ball down right wing where Raphinha will stand in 100sqm of space.

Simple to solve. Not sure why it wasn't, 2 goals conceded as a result. I'm afraid time is up but the players also need to take responsibility. If Krul hadn't greased his gloves up the 2nd should have been saved. 

1 minute ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

"Grandad, did you watch Norwich when they got the lowest points total for a season in the whole universe?"

"Shut up you little c*nt!"

OTBC

Didn’t think you were old enough to have grandkids but wise words none the less. 

Our board will dither and talk the usual...self sustaining..can not complete...the model... Andd Farke will be made the fall guy in about a month when it's poisonous

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Didn’t think you were old enough to have grandkids but wise words none the less. 

I'm not...unless my daughter has some news for me. 😱

I was just predicting a future conversation... 😭

OTBC

It was a fairly decent first half. We gave it a go. We just lack a bit of quality. Unfortunately Sargent and Rashica have not lived up to their transfer fees.

You can't blame Farke for Krul letting that in. The first goal was a bit of individual skill. They ran out of ideas and ran out of steam towards the end. Definitely missing Cantwell, and taking Dowell off removed the last of our creativity.

Ultimately it just reinforces how bad our transfer business was. Maybe if we'd been playing this system (which, by the way, looks pretty well balanced) all season then there would be a bit more cohesion.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Petriix said:

It was a fairly decent first half. We gave it a go. We just lack a bit of quality. Unfortunately Sargent and Rashica have not lived up to their transfer fees.

You can't blame Farke for Krul letting that in. The first goal was a bit of individual skill. They ran out of ideas and ran out of steam towards the end. Definitely missing Cantwell, and taking Dowell off removed the last of our creativity.

Ultimately it just reinforces how bad our transfer business was. Maybe if we'd been playing this system (which, by the way, looks pretty well balanced) all season then there would be a bit more cohesion.

That's another one of the worrying signs.. We did play well for quite some time yet we still end up losing.

Interested to hear what @ricardo thinks, but it didn't feel like a 'Worthy v Burnley' watershed occasion today. The reaction at the final whistle was much more muted than I expected.

Personally I'd like to see him leave now rather than have to endure a really ugly demise, but there certainly didn't seem to be an unequivocal message from the fans at the end.

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

Interested to hear what @ricardo thinks, but it didn't feel like a 'Worthy v Burnley' watershed occasion today. The reaction at the final whistle was much more muted than I expected.

Personally I'd like to see him leave now rather than have to endure a really ugly demise, but there certainly didn't seem to be an unequivocal message from the fans at the end.

It’s hard when there’s much deep rooted love there to stick the knife in. Like your saying would rather him walk away when enough is enough. 

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

And that’s the issue. It still feels too much grey area which will keep this dragging on. 

3 minutes ago, Petriix said:

You can't blame Farke for Krul letting that in. The first goal was a bit of individual skill. They ran out of ideas and ran out of steam towards the end. Definitely missing Cantwell, and taking Dowell off removed the last of our creativity

God, I felt for Farke when the second goal went in. We'd just got back into it and then two awful mistakes from Kabak and Krul and were behind again. Nothing a coach can do about that.

But I thought the last 25 mins was pretty damning as far as DF is concerned. We just didn't look like equalising, and just throwing on attacking players and lumping it long to them was never going to achieve anything. 

It really pains me to say it, because he's done wonderful things for this club (and certainly rekindled my love for football), but his time is up, isn't it? At this stage, it's as much for his sake as for City's. Certainly if we don't beat Brentford it would be an act of cruelty to give him another home game.

It should be over. But I doubt it will be. Never mind next season, lets try and get something out of this one. And I don't believe DF has a clue how to do that so we need someone new.

No A lister will come here so we are probably looking at four. Hodgson, Lamapard, Wilder and Howe.

10 minutes ago, Petriix said:

Do you think Farke can turn this around for his own reputation, and surpass Derby’s record from what you saw today? Are there green shoots in that midfield or are the signings genuinely woeful?