Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Hands Up

Hopefully he comes prepared with the accurate quotes from Webber this time to make himself look a little less foolish.

Omobamidele showing again that he's the real deal is the only positive. 

Better than Godfrey.

Should be instantly elevated to our #1 pick at centre back.

• Like 4

To be fair you can’t blame Farke for this. Boys battled well, Krul error has cost us unfortunately. Lacking creativity going forward. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Canary Jedi said:

To be fair you can’t blame Farke for this. Boys battled well, Krul error has cost us unfortunately. Lacking creativity going forward. 

Maybe but we are absolutely shockingly Sh1t though aren’t we. 

2 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

We played quite well for 60 minutes but there was a complete lack of ideas from when we went 2-1 down. It's all well and good sticking a load of forwards up there, but we didn't really have enough in midfield to give them service.

2 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

I'm a massive Farke believer and I do not want him sacked. However, you can blame him for this. Despite a bit of bluster never really looked like scoring and continued with punting the ball long, which is not the way we play. I blame Farke, he gave the instructions, he picked Sargent even though clearly he has zero technical ability and he has changed the style we play. It is Farke's fault but that doesn't mean that I believe the simple "sack the manager" mentality that for some reason, normally sensible people instantly shout. A change is only worth it if it's positive, if Pep was interested, yes, sack Farke but I do not see anyone who would be interested and an improvement.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

If your ready for a Lakey positive spin on the match and season. You know it’s coming in the next hour or two. 

He'll abuse a section of the fan base and spin it as him being positive. That's his standard thread these days.

OTBC

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

That Krul error stopped us getting a draw at home to a poor Leeds side, we never looked even close to winning. Pretty sure as the manager he does get the blame for that.

1 minute ago, All the Germans said:

I'm a massive Farke believer and I do not want him sacked. However, you can blame him for this. Despite a bit of bluster never really looked like scoring and continued with punting the ball long, which is not the way we play. I blame Farke, he gave the instructions, he picked Sargent even though clearly he has zero technical ability and he has changed the style we play. It is Farke's fault but that doesn't mean that I believe the simple "sack the manager" mentality that for some reason, normally sensible people instantly shout. A change is only worth it if it's positive, if Pep was interested, yes, sack Farke but I do not see anyone who would be interested and an improvement.

I wouldn’t blame this entirely on Daniel but he had been in charge for the other 9 matches too. 

Unfortunately it’s fairly obvious Farke does not have what it takes to manage at EPL level. Bring Hodgson in to stabilise the ship otherwise we will struggle in the Champs to with this losing mentality 

7 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

We can't blame Farke for the lack of creativity going forward? 

We have a decent striker in Teemu Pukki. He wouldn't get much football at about 17 of the other 19 teams in this league, but a decent striker regardless.

In this system, what is the plan to play him through? Because the plan to me looks like we get it to Sargent from midfield, who is then completely incapable of spotting the pass. Pukki being completely starved of chances is Farke's fault I'm afraid.

Throwing air balls into the box for Pukki and some Sideshow Bob wannabe is never going to get us anywhere near a win

Edited by Michael Starr
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

You contradict yourself. If there is no creativity going forward where does the blame lie? With the head coach clearly. I've said for ages that Farke is limited at this level, time for him to go

3 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

He'll abuse a section of the fan base and spin it as him being positive. That's his standard thread these days.

OTBC

But he’ll still have his fan club biding their time to back him up. 

16 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

If your ready for a Lakey positive spin on the match and season. You know it’s coming in the next hour or two. 

How sad that your 1st thought after this defeat is to try and rub it into to a fellow fan. What's wrong with you?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

Throwing air balls into the box for Pukki and some Sideshow Bob wannabe is never going to get us anywhere near a win

Neither is playing Mclean for 90 minutes when you have sorenson and Gimour sitting on the bench, neither is starting Dowell with Tzolis on the bench...

Farke has lots to be blamed for.

• Like 1

I'm a Farke fan (getting tested to be fair) -  but no longer a Webber fan at all

Do we have a squad good enough to get promotion from the Championship next season  - Im not sure we do at present

Maybe easier to try & stay in the Prem - rather than risk going down again into the Prem & bounce back

Today was again not fun for the fans to try and support the poor efforts on the pitch (Mr Webber & Mr Farke  - you let us down once again)

3 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

I’m sorry I was with you till the end. Can’t stand this “there’s nobody better who will come” argument. It’s little old Norwich bull. Webber’s job is literally to have that list ready to go. 

Whoever it is gets a free hit at the PL then (probably let’s face it) gets a go at the championship with one of the best squads and one of the biggest budgets behind him. 

Really across the whole of European football there’s not a single person who could potentially do a better job and would come? That’s laughable considering just how bad Farkes record at this level is and the damage that is clearly and obviously being done to this team.

14 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

So he picked a team with no creativity but can’t be blamed? 🤣🤣🤣

6 minutes ago, Jimthechip said:

How sad that your 1st thought after this defeat is to try and rub it into to a fellow fan. What's wrong with you?

Nothing, it may be a surprise to you but many more may feel the same way. You’ve not been on here long or read what nonsense he writes. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

Nothing, it may be a surprise to you but many more may feel the same way. 

Many feel that the only way to get over a defeat is to gloat over a fellow fan? I don't think there are many that immature, even here. 

I think it doesn't matter that much who's on the pitch. We have a squad of players who, overall, are at a very similar level.

Which is mediocre, unfortunately.

6 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

I’m sorry I was with you till the end. Can’t stand this “there’s nobody better who will come” argument. It’s little old Norwich bull. Webber’s job is literally to have that list ready to go. 

Whoever it is gets a free hit at the PL then (probably let’s face it) gets a go at the championship with one of the best squads and one of the biggest budgets behind him. 

Really across the whole of European football there’s not a single person who could potentially do a better job and would come? That’s laughable considering just how bad Farkes record at this level is and the damage that is clearly and obviously being done to this team.

Mick could've got this team more than 2 points out of these first 10 games. We'd play some absolute ****e but he'd have done it.

2 minutes ago, Jimthechip said:

Many feel that the only way to get over a defeat is to gloat over a fellow fan? I don't think there are many that immature, even here. 

Under 40 posts in 12 years hey Jimbo, what brings you on here today? 

Sacking DF also means losing 1 or 2 other guys who came with him no doubt and a team coach who is wedded to the complete restructure  of the club these past 3 or 4 years. I do believe DF time has come...and gone...but dont under estimate the huge challenge the club faces if they do go this route..getting another manager / coach in plus 1 or 2 others to support him..none of whom are remotely knowledgable about the players, the way the club is run, the policy of bringing  thru youth and selling on at profit...never mind actually getting a team or squad to actually win games in the Prem...on paper sacking Farke and bringing  in a new guy is a molehill...in reality its a mountain...gettin City to win a Prem game is like climbing K2...but all of the above is like climbing Everest without the best gear.