Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Leeds (H/PL) ****

4 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

You get a lot for your money in Glasgow 2k a month is a mansion 

Not in the desirable bits it isn't, talking London prices. 

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/115513409#/?channel=RES_LET

This is probably more like it for a 20 year old millionaire: 

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/62733357#/?channel=STU_LET

Leeds were terrible today. 

That we got nothing out of the game, nor deserved anything, tells it all. We have insufficient quality all over the pitch and look tactically inept. 

Lots of effort, zero premiership class apart from Normann. Just not good enough against a really really poor Leeds team. Seems the coming back stronger mantle was 100% b**lsh*t! 

I hope we don't come up again under this "model" / owners. Utterly pointless.

9 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Think Krul became a dad for the first time a few months ago.

Clearly not getting much sleep! 

You'd think his handling would get a little better 😏 

1 minute ago, shaunieboy77 said:

But he scored against Man City and then got drunk and became mayor. 

Lol.

In two years time he will be at Hibs if he's lucky. If Gilmour and PLM arent as good as McLean, Webber should walk tonight. If he's spent £70m and Kenny is still our best bet then Webber clearly isn't up to it. I'm positive I could find a better player than McLean if I watched five Championship games next weekend.

• Like 1

Can clearly see the difference a quality South American international makes, Leeds have a good one, we lost our (almost) one and have looked incapable of creating since. 

Yep look forward to 9th defeat against Brentford so we lose to both other promoted clubs.

This is a points driven business. Something needs to change

1 minute ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Lol.

In two years time he will be at Hibs if he's lucky. If Gilmour and PLM arent as good as McLean, Webber should walk tonight. If he's spent £70m and Kenny is still our best bet then Webber clearly isn't up to it. I'm positive I could find a better player than McLean if I watched five Championship games next weekend.

Webber has never kept a team in the premier league

Well Dowell was utterly useless, no energy and looked lost, his delivery was god damn awful. McClean his normal championship level……on a positive thought Kabak was outstanding first half, poor second half but young Omobamdele our best CB by a country mile! There’s a partnership we should nurture.

Please go back to a 4-2-3-1, we have the players for this, at the end we just threw on as many wingers and hoped for lady luck……

Sadly we need to start to plan for the championship now, play the youngsters who need game time more.

1 minute ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Lol.

Haha when you put it like that it shows how bad things are. £70m and Mclean is still undroppable

• Like 1

Just now, percy varco said:

Webber has never kept a team in the premier league

Spent 5 years telling us how bad McNally was, but our record in the top flight with DM was miles and miles better.

Haant been able to find a midfielder better than Kenny McLean after spending 70m is unforgivable.

Absolutely clueless after going 2-1 down.

Yes an error from Krul but we never would’ve scored in the first place if it wasn’t for Meslier senselessly giving us a corner. Swings and roundabouts.

We looked totally lost, devoid of any ideas, I can’t work out what our patterns of play, or what we’re trying to do with the ball? Does anyone have any idea how we plan to score a goal at the moment?

Its pathetic kick and hoof rubbish. Actually think we were crying out for Gilmour to come on and be the link between the defence and attack. As far as I could see it was a back line and Krul on one side and then a forward line the other end, with a sea of no man’s land in between.

The players looked absolutely defeated at the end as well. I really don’t know what is going to kick them into life anymore.

• Like 1

Who will they wheel out to make the usual lame excuses?

Krul, Hanley or McLean?

Three players who are without doubt way lacking in PL standard of football.

When we go down there is no chance in hell this squad and management will be getting promotion again next season. Something has gone toxic within the club.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

Well Dowell was utterly useless, no energy and looked lost, his delivery was god damn awful. McClean his normal championship level……on a positive thought Kabak was outstanding first half, poor second half but young Omobamdele our best CB by a country mile! There’s a partnership we should nurture.

Please go back to a 4-2-3-1, we have the players for this, at the end we just threw on as many wingers and hoped for lady luck……

Sadly we need to start to plan for the championship now, play the youngsters who need game time more.

…. And send the loan players back!  

IMHO, what cost us was the first half. We had the lion share of possession, got the ball in good areas and were dealing with Leeds comfortably. We've said it before, and it'll likely be said again, but you can't dominate teams for periods like that and not punish them at this level. A team like Leeds can only come out better at half time.

The longer you struggle to hurt a team, the more confidence they get that they don't have to worry about that so much and can push on more.

Pukki scores the chance he had first half or one of the other half chances goes in... At this point I don't know if we'd score if we could pick it up and throw it.

Looked better in spells today. Kabak sums it up though. Looks great at times, at our best, dominant, but we can't do it for 90mins consistently. And that's not good enough at this level.

You can't replace players in November. So you have to ask how does the change we need come about? As hard a choice as it may well be, you have to say that Farke is now on borrowed time.

• Like 1

Pinkun gonna cover it up and put a positive spin on it under demand from Webber. "We competed against world class players". No, no we did not.

• Like 1

Just now, percy varco said:

When did we become a long ball team?

It was very odd. Long balls work best if you are on the counter attack, because the tactic puts pressure on a team that has been pushing forward. Having the quick wingers to take advantage is then the key. Now, we have the latter but we are playing long balls from defensive positions, normally when we have a light pressure on us. It is clearly a coaching edict. It does gain you a bit of territory as it did in the first half today.

Farke's teams in the championship played so differently. I've been disappointed he has not stuck with that way of playing. I felt today we showed determination and some spirit - at least it was a response. But, we don't have the quality I fear and there has to be some question marks on the coaching. 

It looks rather bleak and we will need snookers from here. Not ideal with 10 games gone. Relegation now looks very much odds on.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Carn said:

It's all gone to **** since Tettey left!

This is a serious point. We discarded lots of players who gave to the team, not necessarily on the pitch every week, but in terms of the group solidarity. 

5 minutes ago, Indy said:

I thought we were playing 4-2-3-1 with Omobamidele at LB... at least that seems to be confirmed by most sources.

28 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

No we're not. Though I accept it's difficult to tell. 

??

What I saw on the pitch was a back 4 of Max Hanley Kabak and Omobamidele, a 2 of Normann and McLean, dowell right, Rashica left and Sargent playing off Pukki. I’m getting old but I’m sure my eyes are still working ok

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fiery Zac said:

??

What I saw on the pitch was a back 4 of Max Hanley Kabak and Omobamidele, a 2 of Normann and McLean, dowell right, Rashica left and Sargent playing off Pukki. I’m getting old but I’m sure my eyes are still working ok

Must say I saw 433

Everything about today was pathetic, no urgency, no organisation, no leadership, fans were utter dross. 

Just a complete shambles all round