Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Leeds (H/PL) ****

May be an image of map and text that says "GLOBAL KICK-OFF NORWICH CITYV LEEDS UNITED Norwich 14:00 Helsinki 16:00 Toronto 10:00 Berlin 15:00 Tampa Bay 10:00 Los Angeles 07:00 Beijing 22:00 Skopje 15:00 Abu Dhabi 18:00 Rio De Janeiro 11:00 Seoul 23:00 Hong Kong 22:00 Bangkok 21:00 Nairobi 17:00 TAMPA BAY FLORIDA Buenos Aires 11:00 Sydney 01:00"
This weeks game is a 2pm (GMT) Kick-off at home, Carrow Road, to Leeds Utd.

May be an image of 2 people and text that says "LOTUS Joma Vitality #GREENERTOGETHER AOMMIMO LOTUS ኑ SBOTOP CARROW ROAD SUNDAY OCTOBER 31 KICK-OFF 2PM (UK)"

As is part of our weekly routine please go support a good cause with @nutty nigel's Rays Funds for the CSF with the PUPs Season 15 Week 12.

The Pink'Un presser report can be found here.

The BBC lead up article can be found here.

Injuries/Suspensions etc:
Leeds - Bamford and Ayling out, Raphinha and Firpo look to be fit again and in contention.
Norwich - Zimmermann out with ankle surgery, Gibson suspended after two yellows last week. Cantwell and Placheta training so could be in contention, Gilmore back after being ineligible against Chelsea.

Something you may not know: Leeds Utd were founded in 1919. Prior to this Leeds had a football club called Leeds City founded in 1904. City were forcibly disbanded by the league in 1919 due to allegations of illegal payments to their players during WW1. Leeds Utd was formed in the same year and essentially took over the spot vacated by the former Leeds City reserve team in the Midland League.

Strange to think that Leeds have had at least two moments of financial irregularity in their history, one at the end of the 1910's and the other in the early 2000's. In between the two they built themselves a reputation as a hard, physical team willing to kick and barge their way to victory. Todays side under Bielsa are arguably not as crude as that these days. I was wrong, they are still every bit as crude and dirty as ever! (h/t).

Oh and just in case you thought I'd forgotten:
May be an image of text that says "HAPPY HALLOWEEN 26"

Edited by chicken
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 7

Apocalyptic conditions out there today with another huge band of heavy rain sweeping northeastwards across East Anglia. If we hit the worst of it then it could be really ugly... don't forget your waterproofs! Let's hope for a positive performance and a first win of the season... only one point behind Leeds if we can pull it off!

Here in Nottingham we had a complete soaking this morning but it then cleared and we’ve now got blue skies. The band of rain is on its way to Norwich and according to the BBC forecast will be hitting at its worst about now but starting to ease around 2pm.

32 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Here in Nottingham we had a complete soaking this morning but it then cleared and we’ve now got blue skies. The band of rain is on its way to Norwich and according to the BBC forecast will be hitting at its worst about now but starting to ease around 2pm.

I can confirm, from the outskirts at least, we have sideways rain... or getting that way. 

Its a no from me. Disappointed to see him persist with 3 at the back. Would prefer to see Tzolis over Dowell. Prefer Rashica on the right side. Would also prefer Gilmour over McLean. Dont understand how he is in the team every week

Edited by The Great Mass Debater

Rashica at left wing back?! I don't even know what to say... Looks like Farke has pressed the tilt button and thought "**** it". Ah well, should be entertaining watching Raphinha smash us a new one!

No left back is confusing. Surely Rashica is not playing there.... Glad to see Dowell getting a look in, badly missing that number 10 so far. 

I imagine it's gonna be Dowell and Sargent drifting into the centre with Raschica and Aarons overlapping on the wings, should give us more presence in the box which has been one of our biggest problems this year, honestly just pleased for Dowell to get his chance after his cracking end to last season.

1 minute ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Don't know what to make of that other than really disappointed not to see Gilmour or Tzolis involved again.

Gilmour will be gone by Christmas and Tzolis is going to tear up his contract mark my words

That left hand side is defensively super weak, pretty sure Leeds are going to exploit that down their right.

It’s bold but not sure I get the choices, we’ll see in an hour.

Dowell is not a Premier League footballer. Really hope he proves me wrong. 

Did Michael Foot pick that team? The shortest suicide note in history 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

This is a terrible line up ? Seriously wondering if he is trying to get the sack, how the hell does Kenny keep playing ?