The National media when we don’t play Gilmour today - Main Discussion - Norwich City - The Pinkun Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
The Real Buh

The National media when we don’t play Gilmour today

image.jpeg.0c6a5e106dcb732da0da29d8bbaecbeb.jpeg

“He’s good on FIFA and you won’t play him and I’m sad now hrumphhh!”

Edited by The Real Buh

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

To be fair I will be the same. If it’s the same midfield trio then Farke is on thin ice.

Are you the official ice thickness tester jimbo? Do you carry spare ice in a TuB? 

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

Are you the official ice thickness tester jimbo? Do you carry spare ice in a TuB? 

Just saying. The fans will be behind them today but if that team comes out at 1pm snd it’s still 3-5-2 with Sargent up front and the same midfield then it will be a serious mood killer for the support. 

8 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

To be fair I will be the same. If it’s the same midfield trio then Farke is on thin ice.

I’m not talking about midfield changes I’m just talking about Gilmour not starting and the media having a sulk about it

16 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Just saying. The fans will be behind them today but if that team comes out at 1pm snd it’s still 3-5-2 with Sargent up front and the same midfield then it will be a serious mood killer for the support. 

There’s no way that’s happening Jim. I’ll be disappointed to see any combination of the 5 at the back formation though, we’ve got to go back to basics - 4-2-3-1

19 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

There’s no way that’s happening Jim. I’ll be disappointed to see any combination of the 5 at the back formation though, we’ve got to go back to basics - 4-2-3-1

Todays leaked 11 😉

team.png

59 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Swear half our social media posts now have some African chelsea fans being all 'you are not playing Gilmor so you will get relegated and deserve it 😡'

Am I missing the African Chelsea fans reference 🤔

Just now, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Yes, very sure. National media?

Really?

You couldn't even manage the Sun!

OTBC

I suppose it is ‘national’, just Scotland rather than England!

26 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Todays leaked 11 😉

team.png

Well I’d be happy with that 11, but I’d move Gilmour up to the ten position and play Sorensen alongside Normann. Also Omobamdele looks our best all round defender when he’s on the pitch, (which says something about our other two cart horses) so I’d play him alongside Kabak.

But given the tripe which Lees-Melou and McClean dished up last time out both should be dropped along with the stupid 5-3-2.

• Like 1

I don't really care who plays and who doesn't as long as we win the game. We should have beaten Brighton with a side nobody would have picked. I think folk get to hung up on personnel a lot of the time, however you'd expect there to be several changes after last weekend.

18 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

I don't think the national media will give a sh*t if we play him or not. 

OTBC

I’ve not really been paying attention and the National attention from pundits about Gilmour has been pretty embarrassing.

Kind of all revolves around the fact they saw him on TV at the euros and they cry themselves to sleep at night because he’s not playing for Norwich 

Its like our annual Cody McDonald award for “player that isn’t playing and by not playing he’s better than Messi and his powers grow stronger each time he isn’t played” has gone national this year.

I would not be disappointed if Gilmour starts next to Normann in a 4231. I would not be disappointed if he didn't. The big question is whether he is defensive enough and strong enough to start alongside Normann and I suppose the only way to find out is to play him there, but if the manager does not think he is able to be defensive or strong enough, then he will not play there.

I have seen people saying he should start in the No 10 position. I have seen others saying he should start in a basic three man midfield (changing our formation for him)

I am quite sure he is not a No 10, but who knows?

The biggest problem, as I see it, is how can he fit into the team. I feel that early on we changed or formation to accommodate him, I do not feel that worked.

His reputation was built playing in a central role for Scotland against England. England rarely press, England sacrifices areas in the centre of the pitch and defends the last third, this gives opposition midfield players time on the ball and space to work in. They (including Gilmour) are able to show their qualities. Few Premiership teams allow such freedom and it's a constant battle.

He can play, but can he battle, or is he a square peg in a round hole?

When you look at the midfielders other teams are fielding like Soucek, Doucoure, Da Silva, Kucka, Sissoko, Willock etc then look at Gilmour, who looks like a small boy next to them you'll see why he isn't starting games. 

I know good players don't have to be big and can compensate for their small frame, but he isn't good enough to do that in this league, maybe he will be in a few years time, but right now he's too small and took weak and not good enough to make up for it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

When you look at the midfielders other teams are fielding like Soucek, Doucoure, Da Silva, Kucka, Sissoko, Willock etc then look at Gilmour, who looks like a small boy next to them you'll see why he isn't starting games. 

I know good players don't have to be big and can compensate for their small frame, but he isn't good enough to do that in this league, maybe he will be in a few years time, but right now he's too small and took weak and not good enough to make up for it. 

We're not asking him to do that that job

At the start of the season we were playing him at the base of the midfield which was just madness but since we signed Normann to play there we havent then given Gilmour the chance to play slightly further forward in a more free role alongside him