Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Why aren't we Brentford?

1 hour ago, king canary said:

I know Brentford attract a lot of ire around here for the crime of...winning Premier League games?...but this result is bad news for us. Lose tomorrow and we're 5 points off 18th, let alone safety.

While this is absolutely true, if you have 2 points after 10 games in any season/league it’s reasonable to expect you’re in a poor league position aka deep ****.

Its no doubt a crossroads game tomorrow for us. 

A win...and we're off the bottom which psychlogically will be a relief, will reel Leeds closer to us ..and then give us the chance to go to Brentford next week to claw 3 more pts back on them

...lose and everyone has pulled away , Burnley, Leeds etc

Just wish we had someone else in the dugout tomorrow i.e Mark Robins to have given the club a bounce

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

Makes our clean sheet draw against them look pretty good.

Or Brentford are now on their way down for a relegation scrap.

We've got them soon.

Get a result tomorrow and things get interesting.

Maybe at the end of the season Webber will be a genius for choosing Kabak over Ajer...

Brentford will **** us by three or four no problem 

My dream is that one day the “why aren’t we” meme that I created btw transcends the pinkun and invades other clubs messageboards.

17 minutes ago, KernowCanary said:
1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Didnt we keep a clean sheet vs Brighton?

Yes, but we didn’t score and played rubbish.

??  I thought it was a good fighting display that on another day we would have won.

32 minutes ago, KernowCanary said:

Yes, but we didn’t score and played rubbish.

We certaintly werent rubbish...we matched a team who were 4th.

If you thought that was rubbish you havent seen some of our other games this season

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

We certaintly werent rubbish...we matched a team who were 4th.

If you thought that was rubbish you havent seen some of our other games this season

I sure have and I agree that those were worse. The thing is, we looked like a rabbit in the headlights in that game, not even trying to score, apart from that tame effort. The only difference was that the opposition did not, just like the match before against Burnley.

Let’s all “Take to Twitter” and moan about the team someone said to me today. I said “No way, I’m sick of that media phrase, but that’s not the point; I’m sick of seeing my team in the rut we are in, but I will support them through thick and thin and not complain on a computer for loads of people to see, slagging them off when the going gets tough”.

Edited by KernowCanary

Two games coming up that on paper we should be looking to pick up a minimum of 4 points. Leeds a pretty ****e this season and Brentford are starting their choke extra early.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

Brighton put 2 past Liverpool and 0 past us so by my cig packet calculations, that makes us twice as good as Liverpool so we're fine.

But Liverpool have put 6 past us so that doesn’t really stack up does it?

If we play as badly next Saturday as we did first half at Burnley where they could easily have been 5 up at HT and you play as well as them you’ve got a great chance to cut the gap between us to 4 points. That’s assuming you beat Leeds who are looking pretty poor themselves. 

Alternatively, if we remember how we played v Liverpool and Chelsea things might be rather different. Isn’t the PL exciting?

2 hours ago, aBee said:

If we play as badly next Saturday as we did first half at Burnley where they could easily have been 5 up at HT and you play as well as them you’ve got a great chance to cut the gap between us to 4 points. That’s assuming you beat Leeds who are looking pretty poor themselves. 

Alternatively, if we remember how we played v Liverpool and Chelsea things might be rather different. Isn’t the PL exciting?

It is until you get found out, something we found out to our cost last time out 

we’ve gone down a slightly different route this time and despite a lot of fans opinions it’s too early to call if it’s been a success or failure 

9 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

No wait nevermind they are losing to Burnley. Who's our team we wish to be this week? 😉

Burnley

6 hours ago, Mullet said:

No wait nevermind they are losing to Burnley. Who's our team we wish to be this week? 😉

Mulbarton United. Another find win yesterday. They're storming up the league. Watch out wroxham!