Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Why aren't we Brentford?

I do like the “why aren’t we”-live threads, that’s proper balls in that one.

The post match “why aren’t we” threads are the safer bet, but you don’t get the thrill!

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

No wait nevermind they are losing to Burnley. Who's our team we wish to be this week? 😉

Makes our clean sheet draw against them look pretty good.

Or Brentford are now on their way down for a relegation scrap.

We've got them soon.

Get a result tomorrow and things get interesting.

Maybe at the end of the season Webber will be a genius for choosing Kabak over Ajer...

• Like 3

Just now, hogesar said:

Makes our clean sheet draw against them look pretty good.

Or Brentford are now on their way down for a relegation scrap.

We've got them soon.

Get a result tomorrow and things get interesting.

Maybe at the end of the season Webber will be a genius for choosing Kabak over Ajer...

If it makes our clean sheet draw against Burnley look good, what perspective do you put on their 3-3 home draw with Liverpool then? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

If it makes our clean sheet draw against Burnley look good, what perspective do you put on their 3-3 home draw with Liverpool then? 

An excellent result for Brentford?

I know Brentford attract a lot of ire around here for the crime of...winning Premier League games?...but this result is bad news for us. Lose tomorrow and we're 5 points off 18th, let alone safety.

14 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

No wait nevermind they are losing to Burnley. Who's our team we wish to be this week? 😉

Palace 🤔

8 minutes ago, king canary said:

I know Brentford attract a lot of ire around here for the crime of...winning Premier League games?...but this result is bad news for us. Lose tomorrow and we're 5 points off 18th, let alone safety.

And Newcastle drawning to Chelsea too

7 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

A chance to make up 6 pts on Brentford in the space of 7 days

...if we could score any goals

Yes, it’s certainly easier to win a match if you can score a goal occasionally, perhaps even two.

20 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

3 nill down at half time, been found out and relegation awaits them

Probably, still got 10 more points than us.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

A team who were punching above their weight and playing with confidence, but granted, it was a great result and performance at the time. Wheels coming off now though, if we capitalise tomorrow then our trip to the BCS becomes very interesting. 

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

A team who were punching above their weight and playing with confidence, but granted, it was a great result and performance at the time. Wheels coming off now though, if we capitalise tomorrow then our trip to the BCS becomes very interesting. 

That’s a big IF Alex 😁

2 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

This would be the first poor result of the season really- sure it would be three losses on the bounce but close losses to Chelsea and Leicester don't indicate the wheels coming off in my opinion.

17 minutes ago, king canary said:

This would be the first poor result of the season really- sure it would be three losses on the bounce but close losses to Chelsea and Leicester don't indicate the wheels coming off in my opinion.

Agreed, they also just scored. 3-1

18 minutes ago, king canary said:

As some of our fans would say, I’m sure they wouldn’t expect to get anything from Leicester or Chelsea 🤣🤣

Edited by TheBaldOne66

3 still have to go down...Burnley are more streetwise at this level than Brentford, Newcastle will have money to spend in Jan

The likes of Watford and Southampton will win their games.

I'd still be looking at Brentford as a candidate.

1 goal from open play in 10 games from 'hitman' Ivan Toney.

We've seen teams start well before and run out of steam

I remember Blackpool under Holloway getting 30 pts before before christmas and tgen only getting another 2 or 3 afterwards and getting relegatex

They've had some great results, no question, but it's interesting that of the identical games that we and Brentford have played, we've actually done better.

Leicester (h)  - both lost

Brighton (h) - Norwich draw, Brentford loss

Liverpool (h) - Norwich loss, Brentford draw

Burnley (a) - Norwich draw, Brentford loss.

Also interestingly, they haven't won at home since the opening day. There are some signs that they are heading towards a relegation battle. Whether we can get our act together to get into a relegation battle is obviously a different question.

2 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Still, I think that was a great battling point for us at Turf Moor.

It will fascinating to see how we do against the Bees very soon!

Yup, and given Brighton's result today, our draw with them looks a pretty good result too. Winning games in the Prem is hard. 

Doesn’t really matter in the big scheme of things does it? After todays results we are 5 points from safety and that could be 8 tomorrow if Leeds do us, so how the likes of Brentford do is immaterial really