Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

SO WHY NO SEASON TICKET SALES UPDATE.

Apart from the real die-hards, and good luck to them, who renewed immediately how many have renewed since. I suspect many will wait and wait until the last day. That''s what I am doing and quite frankly cannot see anything changing under Worthington and do not honestly believe I want to watch his imbalanced and tactically clueless sides every home game for another season.

Yep, your spot on. Virtually everyone i know who is  a season ticket holder had not renewed when i spoke to them at the Derby game.

Hopefully things have not gone as well as the board predicted and that this will make them smell the coffee.

[quote user="The Duke of Norfolk"]

Yep, your spot on. Virtually everyone i know who is  a season ticket holder had not renewed when i spoke to them at the Derby game.

Hopefully things have not gone as well as the board predicted and that this will make them smell the coffee.

[/quote]

What, you mean the Board will soon realise how disloyal people are nowadays? Surely they are beginning to know this already.  It is amazing the about turn in recent times - everyone dined out big-time on the togetherness angle when it was going well, but some supporters have soon shown their true colours that they are only interested in scapegoats once things aren''t going so well.

I have renewed my season ticket, not through blind faith in the Board or Worthy, but because I support my team, and will continue to do so - but obviously want to at as low a cost as I can!  To a certain extent I don''t really care who is on the Board or who is the manager, as long as they have the interests of the club at their hearts - something I believe they all do; clearly things aren''t going as well as we''d like, and maybe changing the manager is the answer, but I for one would not stop going to matches just because it doesn''t happen. 

The thing is that people who don''t renew will only be hitting the finances of the club they supposedly love - what talks in football is money, and if the Club doesn''t have any, how exactly are they going to turn things around again?

Good luck to you Branston...call yourself a better supporter than me if you like, I don''t care. I will spend my time and money as I like and NCFC will get both when they have earned it.

At least when the loyal fans are sitting in a home crowd of 16000 and looking at he empty seats they can at least re-assure themselves that they are amoungst real fans.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

Good luck to you Branston...call yourself a better supporter than me if you like, I don''t care. I will spend my time and money as I like and NCFC will get both when they have earned it.

At least when the loyal fans are sitting in a home crowd of 16000 and looking at he empty seats they can at least re-assure themselves that they are amoungst real fans.

[/quote]

Fine by me, I''m all for people making their own decisions on how they spend their money.  I personally have renewed because when all is said and done it would be me who loses most by not going to see the team I support, and I wanted to get the best price I could.

I wouldn''t ever be so stupid as to call myself a better supporter than anyone, and for you to suggest otherwise means you have completely missed my point.  To me it is about loyalty more than anything - it is when things aren''t going well that a person''s loyalty shows itself.

Loyalty is one thing...  blind loyalty is another.  IMO hucker is doing what is best for the club in the hope that his and many others failures to renew will force the hand of the board and Norwich City will get  a more talented manager in to take this club forwards..  4-1 away at palace!!!! with a more or less FULL squad on the back of 2 victories, if you cant put up a performance under these circumstances when can you.

Had we showed ANYTHING it wouldnt be so bad but a TOTAL no show......[:@]

I have every intention of renewing mine.

I will renew it in the hope that NW will not be manager next season. If i was to be told now that he will be manager at the start of next season then i would think very hard about not renewing.

The board are taking us all for mugs if they think they can keep NW in charge just because they have been foolish to let their proffesional   relationship with him turn personal.

i predict 17,000 crowds next season... the hangers on of the past 5 years wont go anymore... they all have chelsea to "support" and the casuals wont go as we arent winning or playing well....

which will leave a more realistic fan base picture.. hence no update from the club

jas :)

Well I''ve re-newed. And I will renew every season whoever the manager is, however the club is doing. And remember, not everyone does want worthington to go, its not every voice in the stadium singing ''Worhty Out''. I''ll say it''s most likely a majority mind. What happened to getting behind the club, doesn''t the manager count in that anymore?

[quote user="Mazing_marie"]

Well I''ve re-newed. And I will renew every season whoever the manager is, however the club is doing. And remember, not everyone does want worthington to go, its not every voice in the stadium singing ''Worhty Out''. I''ll say it''s most likely a majority mind. What happened to getting behind the club, doesn''t the manager count in that anymore?

[/quote]

when the manager has performed as badly as worthy has for 2 seasons now. in football thats when you get the sack and a new guy comes in. Its how it works at every club except ours.

Went to the pub on Friday with a guy from work. He told me that he was thinking of buying a season ticket!

I did laugh! Anyway he has been to watch a few games recently and cause of family commitments he stoped his season ticket 12 years ago. So recently enquiring the waiting list was 2800 .. he went in the other day to join this list.. The lady in the office at CR was suppirsed that he wanted one and the numbers on the list was now at 1200(ish) ....

I''m still not going to re-new mine until the last day. Either Worthy goes and i renew now or Worthy stays and the club get an extra few quid .. hmm thinking about it,,, not sure if i''m in a catch 22  situ, here!

Worthy gets more cash to spend if i wait to re-new... what should i do! @???? 

I renewed mine yesterday............only because I''m a fruitcake[^] 

It''s an excuse to get walloped on a Saturday......both in football and drinking....... I did want to hold out till the last minute - but the extra dosh you''ve got to pay, can buy a lorra Guinness and pies! OTBC ;~)

So which is it? Will it be all the hangers-on of the past few seasons (when, incidentally, the current manager was in charge) who vanish, or will it be the true fans who vanish (for the good of the Club, of course)? For myself, like Branston and many thousands of others, I''ll be renewing because it''s my Club and I can still afford it. I''ll be hoping for changes for the better, but also remembering worse times. Today was crap, and if I felt I had better things to do with my money I wouldn''t renew. Sadly, I can''t think of anything I''d rather do. I just don''t need the huffing and puffing and attitudinising - if you don''t want to renew, don''t; if you do want to, do.