Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Todays injury updates- Byram training, Cantwells back hurts

'Zimmermann had his ankle surgery and will be out for several weeks. Apart from this, the players are more or less available. Byram was out for nearly 20 months. He's had back to back weeks on the training pitch.'

Pink'Un news-

'Todd Cantwell has missed two days training with a back issue after being left out of the last two matchday squads. The midfielder was on duty for the development team last Friday at King's Lynn, after Farke indicated he needs to reach the levels required for top flight combat before he comes back into his thoughts.'

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

At least he did not linger on bigging up Dirty, focussing on what Norwich were going to do.  😀 

The Cantwell situation is still very murky though. 🤔

Other than that, a steady presser. 🙂

Byram is our best defender on his day when he's fit. I really hope he can get over all this but I fear he might have to settle into a part time role in a lower league club like Thompson to be able to stay fit. The PL is the fastest, most intense and most physical league in the world, I don't see how he can train like a PL player and get through all these matches that are played like basketball games and possibly stay fit, i hope for his sake he can continue his career, but I can't see him playing a first team game for us again at this level. Such a shame. 

Just the sheer length of the time out is going to make it a huge challenge for Byram. At 28 he's still young enough to make a return but you have to think that it's a long road back to become a Premier League player. 

Let's hope he can get another solid couple of weeks training in and then perhaps he's a 'topic' for the U23's.

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

This Cantwell situation is getting beyond ridiculous.

Lots more to it obviously, maybe the club now wants to get rid as much as he wishes to leave. 

11 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Lots more to it obviously, maybe the club now wants to get rid as much as he wishes to leave. 

Possibly, and the question would be 'How'? If he gets a reputation as a trouble-maker, his value will plummet. On the other hand, the club want to suggest to the fans what is really happening or Cantwell will set his own agenda on Twitter. They may feel that this strange history of 'personal problems', followed by random injuries, with an under-23 performance between them, is the best they can do.

The Todd situation is just bizarre. Not taking sides but whatever has happened, for him to have missed the chunk of the season he has when not injured something has gone wrong somewhere. 

Cantwell has a “hurty back”? We all have an ache in the wallet where ticket and travel expenses used to be before attending matches to watch dross. I did not travel to Chelsea, my wallet thanks me.