Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

What former Norwich players do you NOT like?

Always liked Russ, and happy to take on anyone who boo’d the lad, cowards all

7 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Peter Osgood.

Only here for a very short spell on loan but can't remember any other player being so roundly booed on his Carrow Rd debut.

Was it us that sang Osgood was good 

no good,now.

13 hours ago, king canary said:

Worth reading the whole thread before jumping in. 

Then he would be functionless. His arrogance  won't allow it.

I hadn’t realised there were so many I didn’t like until I read this ! 

Danny Mills (obviously) Sherwood Townshend (still obviously) David Marshall ( more irrational but I don’t like him) Andy Marshall (see Sherwood) Grabban . 

Blimey . I do hold a grudge . 

No problem with Clingon though .

🎶it could have been yoooooo🎶🤣

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

15 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

Tim Sherwood ,Danny Mills ,Mike Phelan ,Andy Townsend 

only due to the fact they seem to have forgotten they once played for us and rarely say when i was at Norwich just talk as if they were at Bigger clubs their whole career 

Bit harsh on Phelan..he's coached us on two occasions whuch I doubt he'd have done had he not played and captained in one of our best ever teams

• Like 1

Got to page 3 and no one has said..

Emiliano Buendia.  Cos he left....just when we needed him  most.

On 29/10/2021 at 16:14, Commonsense said:

Why?

Croft left on a free after winning POTS and Clingan wanted out after relegation. For me they represent a terrible time in the clubs history.

Naismith for me purely for the money spent on that absolute stinker of a transfer, I remember he started brightly against Liverpool in that cracker of a game but then did sweet F all since.

Though I do remember him scoring a belter against Leeds a few years ago but that's about it, huge waste of money.

Edited by robertociNCFC

That lad from spurs who couldn't be 4rsed because he thought he was better than us. Pochettino (I think) thought he would be the 'new' Messi. I can't even remember his name, not even sure he broke through anywhere 

Danny Mills by a mile, he`ll be wetting himself tomorrow at the thought of Leeds beating us, which won`t happen.

David Nielsen. Told he had to go home to Denmark. And contract was terminated

Went to Norway

8 minutes ago, Olano said:

Went to Norway

You may have been disliking him for all these years for no reason, looks like he went from Norwich to Danish side Aab?

On 29/10/2021 at 14:26, Big Vince said:

Russell Martin.

Ingratiated himself with the owners.

Hypocrite.

Full of ****

I am normally pretty much your only supporter on this forum but I really don't get your bitter hatred of the guy. Did you watch Football Focus at lunchtime? I challenge anyone who did to admit to anything other than admiration for him and to acknowledge that he is a seriously impressive geezer. I (for one) believe he will soon be waving 'see you later' to us and Farke as Swansea overtake us in the pecking order. Perhaps you should consider giving a little more credit to someone who suffered badly from ulcerative colitis which is  horrible illness. My late Dad suffered badly and in the end had a colostomy bag fitted when he was only age 50. He was very ill and nearly died. 

Personally, I cannot recall ever hearing RM complain about his illness and having to miss matches because of it. Kind of puts a certain local guy to shame I might suggest with his catalogue of 'reasons' for his prolonged absence.  RM will continue to develop his managerial career quite nicely. A shame that so many Yellows seem to reserve such vitriol for him. 

3 hours ago, Bluefloyd said:

That lad from spurs who couldn't be 4rsed because he thought he was better than us. Pochettino (I think) thought he would be the 'new' Messi. I can't even remember his name, not even sure he broke through anywhere 

Marcus Edwards - playing in the Portuguese top flight, with a 50M release clause.  We definitely did not see that talent.

Edited by Newtopia

21 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

You may have been disliking him for all these years for no reason, looks like he went from Norwich to Danish side Aab?

Got done for match fixing but now head coach in the Danish Superliga. 

25 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Not for long. He spendt years in Norway afther that. 🙂

His kid is a Norwegian U21. Good talent. 

Sergi Canos for me of the modern era players. Tried to give it big to us last season, was anonymous at Carra Rud, and got subbed I think!

Edited by Miss Demeanor

2 hours ago, Olano said:

Went to Norway

You have actually reminded me of another player I did not like.

Zema Abbey! Absolutely useless and yet tried to carry himself like he was Robin Van Persie. 

Reminded me because I can remember Nielsen absolutely berating him for not going for a loose ball, Nielsen was completely in the right. 

• Like 1

On 29/10/2021 at 15:35, king canary said:

I held a stupid grudge against Marc Edworthy for bloody ages but that was just me being stupid.

I never really warmed to Leitner- some people loved him but I always thought he was bit overrated.

Probably the most talented midfielder we had in years, just a crap attitude 

On 29/10/2021 at 21:23, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Agreed. Clingan was also far and away our best player that season (despite not winning POTS) and did not deserve to drop down into League One.

Same for Dean Ashton, really. He was far too good to be playing Championship football and had to leave for the sake of his career, and the fact he was called up by England seven months later at a time when the England squad was very strong shows that. The stick he gets from Norwich fans is totally uncalled for, in my opinion.

Completely agree.

Sometimes the club's trajectory runs opposite to a player's, we didn't moan when we dispensed of the likes of Michael Nelson or Yanic Wildschut, so there's little point in holding grudges when the shoe's on the other foot.

Players outgrow clubs, clubs outgrow players. That's football..

• Like 1

For some reason Andy Hughes became the scapegoat for the disappointments of the 2004/5 Prem season and was given unbelievable stick.  Not entirely deserved, and he took it pretty well.  I quite liked him.

On 30/10/2021 at 21:59, Newtopia said:

Marcus Edwards - playing in the Portuguese top flight, with a 50M release clause.  We definitely did not see that talent.

Haha, there I was thinking he meant Harry Kane . . .

• Like 1