Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

What former Norwich players do you NOT like?

1 hour ago, Sifive said:

Tim Sherwood ! 

Refused to play from memory I think that we sold him soon afterwards despite holding all the cards - he was still under contract. Presumably we should have played tough and kept him?

That Dave Stringer must have been a sh1t manager for letting one of our best players go!

7 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Why?

Crofts was alright i thought 

Clingan - agreed !  he ditched us when we went to L1 i think he went to Cov ?!?!? and we rightly serenaded him last game of the season after we were promoted to the Prem.   

1 hour ago, Big Vince said:

Russell Martin.

Ingratiated himself with the owners.

Hypocrite.

Full of ****

I'd say this is because he's one of those left leaning types and I claim my £5.

He's certainly too edumacated for you big fella. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sifive said:

Clingan - agreed !  he ditched us when we went to L1 i think he went to Cov ?!?!? and we rightly serenaded him last game of the season after we were promoted to the Prem.   

I always thought Clingan got a bit of unnecessary stick. I know people were pissed off he left but we got a good fee and I'm pretty sure that was welcome considering our financial situation at the time, same as David Marshall. 

Croft left on a free though, after he was somewhat suspiciously awarded POTS.

2 minutes ago, Badger said:

Refused to play from memory I think that we sold him soon afterwards despite holding all the cards - he was still under contract. Presumably we should have played tough and kept him?

That Dave Stringer must have been a sh1t manager for letting one of our best players go!

yep played a few games at the start of that season.....tapped up by Blackburn and their filthy rich owners.  

Dave Stringer has a lot to answer for ! 

1 minute ago, king canary said:

I always thought Clingan got a bit of unnecessary stick. I know people were pissed off he left but we got a good fee and I'm pretty sure that was welcome considering our financial situation at the time, same as David Marshall. 

Croft left on a free though, after he was somewhat suspiciously awarded POTS.

I've got a feeling he was skipper at the time and maybe why it didn't go down to well. 

Lafferty, stole a living as a striker for us. And we let him!

Ben Marshall, didn’t cover himself in glory after that interview he did regarding his mental health and struggles to fit in at Norwich. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Think it was a trick one from a shop called Magic Products which you'll probably be too young to remember. The owner of the shop ended up in jail for selling dodgy £10 notes🙄

paul daniels now thats tragic Memes & GIFs - Imgflip

• Haha 1

Tim Sherwood ,Danny Mills ,Mike Phelan ,Andy Townsend 

only due to the fact they seem to have forgotten they once played for us and rarely say when i was at Norwich just talk as if they were at Bigger clubs their whole career 

Danny Mills, for obvious reasons. Odious pr!ck.

Russell Martin - always pointing the finger and blaming others but was a liability at the back and stayed 2-3 seasons too many. Was funny as when Farke had him sussed after 2 games. Then I believe he bitched in the media about Farke's training methods I believe?

Then you have players like Naismith/Abbey/Lafferty - how the hell did they stay on the books for so long when delivering so little? That never makes me warm to a player either.

And also as mentioned above by someone, Dean Ashton - why some Norwich fans see him as some sort of legend also, is beyond me - in a relegated side, then couldn't wait to f*ck off the following season in the Championship. We spent a huge outlay (for us) on him and he gave us nothing. Never played for us as far as I'm concerned.

1 hour ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Peter Osgood.

Only here for a very short spell on loan but can't remember any other player being so roundly booed on his Carrow Rd debut.

Peter Osgood was a fantastic player and gave  it back to defenders . Because Norwich had one of the hardest and often dirtiest defenders in Duncan Forbes, there was plenty of action in their games.

He’s buried in the Shed End penalty, box at Stamford Bridge, I believe.

4 hours ago, Google Bot said:

I really disliked Andy Marshall too, but seeing him for Scotland with our lads and that penalty save I've kinda grown to love him

What you on about? 

Andy Marshall and David Marshall are two different former Norwich keepers. 

Andy Marshall hated for going to Ipswich on a bosman, had nothing to do with Scottish international David Marshall.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

What you on about? 

Andy Marshall and David Marshall are two different former Norwich keepers. 

Andy Marshall hated for going to Ipswich on a bosman, had nothing to do with Scottish international David Marshall.

Worth reading the whole thread before jumping in. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

And also as mentioned above by someone, Dean Ashton - why some Norwich fans see him as some sort of legend also, is beyond me - in a relegated side, then couldn't wait to f*ck off the following season in the Championship. We spent a huge outlay (for us) on him and he gave us nothing. Never played for us as far as I'm concerned.

I don't think we'd have gone down if he'd had full season with us rather than being signed in January.

• Like 2

I took against Damien Francis after our 6-0 capitulation at the aptly named Craven Cottage on the last day of the 2004/5 season saw us relegated.  No one covered themselves in glory but he just stood there and let the Fulham players through, or so it seemed to me.  He was picked for Jamie Shore's testimonial a couple of days later and I booed him.  Never booed a Norwich player before or since.  I let myself down.  As Chris Sutton would say "you're better than that".

Edited by benchwarmer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sheva said:

Peter Osgood was a fantastic player and gave  it back to defenders . Because Norwich had one of the hardest and often dirtiest defenders in Duncan Forbes, there was plenty of action in their games.

He’s buried in the Shed End penalty, box at Stamford Bridge, I believe.

No dispute that he was a great player and at the same time certainly knew how to put himself about.

His mis-judgement in coming to Carrow Rd was that some years before he had seriously injured ' one of our own ' in Dave Stringer.

Never forgiven.

55 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Daryl Sutch, what a twit.

I was a kid sitting in the stands and the blokes behind me referred to him as sunbed Sutch. 

I don't know why to this day. 

3 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Think it was a trick one from a shop called Magic Products which you'll probably be too young to remember. The owner of the shop ended up in jail for selling dodgy £10 notes🙄

POW road? That’s where I bought my stink bombs from to let off in school. 

2 hours ago, Sifive said:

What a day that was.

If ever there was a match when a player wanted the ground to open up and swallow him that must have been the one 😀

5 hours ago, Chelm Canary said:

Keith O'neill  left on bad terms I think.

His comment that "the best thing about Norwich is the road to London" was either extremely stupid or said deliberately to try and get a move.  

4 hours ago, king canary said:

Agreed. Clingan was also far and away our best player that season (despite not winning POTS) and did not deserve to drop down into League One.

Same for Dean Ashton, really. He was far too good to be playing Championship football and had to leave for the sake of his career, and the fact he was called up by England seven months later at a time when the England squad was very strong shows that. The stick he gets from Norwich fans is totally uncalled for, in my opinion.

9 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Agreed. Clingan was also far and away our best player that season (despite not winning POTS) and did not deserve to drop down into League One.

Same for Dean Ashton, really. He was far too good to be playing Championship football and had to leave for the sake of his career, and the fact he was called up by England seven months later at a time when the England squad was very strong shows that. The stick he gets from Norwich fans is totally uncalled for, in my opinion.

A very classy forward, if only he’d been signed in the summer and not January. 

I didn't like Gary Megson much he ran around doing fcuk all.

Kevin Bond was useless but his dad was manager so nuff said

Jordon Hugill probably the worst player i've ever seen, just ahead of Tim Klose

4 hours ago, alex_ncfc said:

Danny Mills, for obvious reasons. Odious pr!ck.

Russell Martin - always pointing the finger and blaming others but was a liability at the back and stayed 2-3 seasons too many. Was funny as when Farke had him sussed after 2 games. Then I believe he bitched in the media about Farke's training methods I believe?

Then you have players like Naismith/Abbey/Lafferty - how the hell did they stay on the books for so long when delivering so little? That never makes me warm to a player either.

I agree apart from Dean Ashton, he was too good for us and blighted with injury. I'll never forget his goal against Man City just before the drunken Delia rant COME ON, WHERE ARE YOU. She must have been well hammered cos we were all there, 25,000 of us 

6 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

How much did he sell them for?