Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

West Ham to be taken over by stonking rich czechs

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Because no one interested in buying us, never have been or ever will be. Rich owners only buy clubs in mass debt to make a profit. How many more times do the experts on here have to tell you?

Edited by Midlands Yellow
  • Haha 4

I see Burnley have got some former NFL player, or some other dull American sport to invest millions into them too. 

18 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Because no one interested in buying us, never have been or ever will be. Rich owners only buy clubs in mass debt to make a profit. How many more times do the experts on here have to tell you?

West Ham do have circa £150 million debt, that's quite a bit.

Add the fact it's a fashionable London Club and the crazily good stadium deal they've got, they're a decent option.

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

West Ham do have circa £150 million debt, that's quite a bit.

Add the fact it's a fashionable London Club and the crazily good stadium deal they've got, they're a decent option.

Do you think they’ll make a move for Ajer in the summer? 

There will be plenty of people willing to invest in Norwich City. Debt free, plenty of assets, huge potential, in the premier league. The facts are that the Smiths don’t want it to happen. Until they do it’s a none starter. 

• Like 3

Nineteen of the current 20 Premier League teams have been taken over during the 21st Century apparently. I'm not sure on the figures further down the pyramid and can't be bothered to find out but I'd guess more have been taken over in that time than not. 

Perhaps were going for the record of having the longest serving owners.

9 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Do you think they’ll make a move for Ajer in the summer? 

I doubt it

10 minutes ago, Yellow Green Army said:

There will be plenty of people willing to invest in Norwich City. Debt free, plenty of assets, huge potential, in the premier league. The facts are that the Smiths don’t want it to happen. Until they do it’s a none starter. 

It certainly looks like they don’t want it to happen, and never have.  I’ve no idea what they consider the club to be worth, but if no-one’s ever shown any interest in buying it then it suggests that it’s significantly over-valued.

49 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Rich owners only buy clubs in mass debt to make a profit. 

Nonsense - there are many reasons for buying a football club. In West Ham's case, with a ground capacity of 60,000 + being London-based the attraction is obvious. It is easy to see where profit can be made here (as indeed it is with Newcastle - sold surprisingly cheaply - although profit may not be the primary motive in this case).

Loads of other clubs have been bought by billionaires - Man Utd, Liverpool etc. 

32 minutes ago, Yellow Green Army said:

The fact that it is debt-free and has plenty of assets would make it much more expensive to buy and a capacity of only 27,000 would mean that development would be expensive too.

But ultimately as you say, if they don't want to sell nobody can force them - that's how ownership goes, they (and any other owner) can do what they want.

Afraid to say its going to be very difficult for Norwich to get into the realm of those clubs. Shirt sales, global fans base and above all, our catchment area is tiny compared to any London club, so we could never attract any big league events to out stadium. It is what it is, I'm over it. 

31 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

I’ve no idea what they consider the club to be worth, but if no-one’s ever shown any interest in buying it then it suggests that it’s significantly over-valued.

Watford's total assets in June 2020 were valued at £242 million (p34 Accounts). Obviously there will have significant liabilities. I can't believe that our assets are not somewhere in the same ballpark, with fewer liabilities.

The sale of Burnley last year was thought to be £160 million rising to £200 million.

And just to think when Sullivan and Gold left Birmingham, when they were linked with us they were slated and nobody wanted them.

4 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Its a pity you miserable beggars who live in Norfolk weren't more hospitable.

We don't like furriners this part of the world.