Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

NAME THAT TEAM - Leicester (A) 1982

Back to my youthful days - but really struggling with the left back.

Solid centre backs, good in the air striker supported by a quick one, good wingers on both flanks,  good midfield dynamo, a shame about the Deputy PFA rep in the middle with him (as my grandad wondered why does he always stop and go in a circle when he gets the ball?!) and a top top keeper. 

One centre back was probably the best centre half i have seen play for Norwich. One midfielder and the other c-b were part of a succesful managment/coaching team.

[quote user="Safri15"]

Don''t think I should even attempt that one! Before I was born!

[/quote] Likewise!!! It''s pretty impressive if people can remember a team from well over 20 years ago!!!

The left back is a real killer - would not have got it without the clue - (Cheers Kneelo[Y])  despite probably having seen him for at least a quarter of  his appearances!

I was there. 4 up after an hour. Great day. Comedy own goal, 2 Leicester fans running on the pitch with no clothes on.. the second one wrestled the ball away from a leicester player, and tried to show his team how to score... he missed the open goal, and was washed away by the tears of laughter from the city fans behind the goal. Magic.

Thanks Charlie''s Dad... Got them now - with a little help from www.ex-canaries.co.uk !!I have to say I don''t remember the left back at all and this was the first season I started going to Carra Rud.

[quote user="charlies dad"]I was there. 4 up after an hour. Great day. Comedy own goal, 2 Leicester fans running on the pitch with no clothes on.. the second one wrestled the ball away from a leicester player, and tried to show his team how to score... he missed the open goal, and was washed away by the tears of laughter from the city fans behind the goal. Magic.[/quote]LOL i was there too stayed overnight with some friends , i rember the streakers absolutly hilarious great game if you were a city fan but my god those leicester night clubs were rough.

[quote user="westoncanary."]FTFW. Think ex-manager for stiker, Totally stumped on left-back though, any clues anyone?[/quote]

That was the only one i got first time around, i didnt even need any clues.

stumped, can''t get the left back, or the left central midfielder (both on the right of the screen) - clues?

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Left back - think a brand of cider.[/quote]

dry or sweet?

can''t remember a Woodpecker or Strongbow at left back.

got it...cheated when i got home . looked it up in Canary Citizens!

two things, i know this is cheating but i need the flown the nest website to complete the team, i kid myself its spelling but i do need help on a couple,the left back in particular, i was a season ticket holder in these years and i can barley remember the guy,might be my memory or the fact he was pants!! any way he was in the midfielders section which caused a meltdown for me as i ended up putting every 7 word name in to the box on there and still didnt get it

secondly one of my favourite players from my first season at carrow road was a full back called colin sullivan, must be the fact that as we where on the side of the pitch close to the front the full backs where closest to you , he was a hero of mine,was pretty disturbed to find him not on the flown the nest list was wondering if any one knew what had happened to him,he played 150 games so must be an oversight

I got 8/11 without help (unbelievable!) but needed ZLF''s clue about the PFA rep! (Thanks!)

But the left back and left midfield I just can''t get! 

Think I''m going to have to cheat with the Canary Citizens book!