Dean Coneys boots

Webber’s interview

I'm not really seeing any kind of self-reflection on the true state of affairs. It's as if he sees the Chelsea game as an isolated blip rather than the culmination of the poor choices which have led us to this point.

The fact is that the squad has been poorly managed and the team being selected is significantly worse than that which won the Championship last season. Anything other than an admission of the mistakes and an apology is just going to wind people up more.

Without admitting that you're wrong, it's not possible to correct the mistakes. Farke needs to give the fans something to get behind. Webber should be asking him to do that.

Regardless of what Webber says today, if Farke puts out another 3-man midfield featuring McLean and Lees-Melou, if Cantwell is still absent, if all our attacking players are still consigned to the bench... It will continue to feel like we've lost an hour before kick off.

We need to see some fighting spirit. And that starts with the team selection. We've obviously got to make the most of the players we've signed, but we also have to recognise when the recruitment has been poor and go back to players who were performing well last season.

4 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Michael Bailey reporting a chorus of Marching  On Together was heard from the boardroom minutes after this interview was competed. 

Wtf is Marching on Together?

41 minutes ago, hogesar said:

They aren't the facts since project restart, which is probably why there's a gap between you and Webber. Webber is including a title winning season with record-breaking points.

Incorrect - what I quoted are the PL facts. 

Having heard some more clips, the quote about Tzolis is weird/worrying. He says he wasn’t bought to play week in, week out for us in the premier league.

erm……..

i can only assume he means he’s young and would be eased in but if so why doesn’t he play for our U23s? He’s actually not playing at all. We should not, upon promotion, he spending £10m on any player who we don’t think is going to be a  regular in our first team that season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yellowrider120 said:

Incorrect - what I quoted are the PL facts. 

You didn't state that, you simply said these are 'the facts' since Project Restart. If you'd said "These are the Premier League statistics since Project Restart, joining two seasons together and ignoring the Championship title win inbetween" you'd have a point.

34 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

I'm seeing a problem with the mathematics here. 

True! Make that 'Played 18'.

Doesn't make it any better though does it! 

8 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

The Leeds fans main song, Wynn Jones can play it on his fiddle now without music notes. 

Oh.

Some of the reactions to this are comical, what did you expect? He was going to sit down and go 'you know what we have been terrible and I think everyone on twitter are right, Im going to sack Farke, but also my signings are terrible and the fans actually should boo more, because we know that that generally helps the players and creates an intimidating atmosphere for the opposition'.

Personally I think it was fair, though of course carrying the perspective of OUR sporting director, of course he's going to defend the club. I mean some of our 'supporters' need to try and take that approach, I think the idea that there are happy clappers could be countered by saying I think a lot of the moaners are fair weather fans to be honest, only with us when the going is good.

I was glad the acknowledged Chelsea was totally unacceptable and I was happy to hear a bit of fight and defiance. What else does anyone want? We talk about shaking off that 'little old Norwich' tag yet someone comes out with a bit of fight and it seems a lot of our fans egos are so fragile they cant take it.

Lets be frank, the atmosphere at Carrow Road has been pants. The Snake pit boo at the first opportunity and the Barclay is quiet, sorry lads but belting out OTBC at the start of the game once isn't job done. I really don't like Leeds and have no time for Burnely in a footballing sense, but I tell you what, those are fans bases that make going to their ground and playing against them are really uncomfortable experience. Even Crystal Palace are achieving that now to an extent.

Meanwhile our Sporting director comes out and says 'get behind them for 90 minutes, fight back, fight against the narrative that we are all being painted with that we don't deserve it, players and supporters alike' and whats the reaction 'oh whaaa whaaa I spend my money I'll boo if I like'. pathetic.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

"We've got to swing back".  "We're all in this together".  "We need the fans to support us".

Hmmm.  A passing reference re. the Head Coach but no direct insight into the current position.  

I fear the video was done for the right reason, is a rallying call, but as others have commented says nothing on future strategy.  Maybe that's the right thing, maybe they have a strategy.  Maybe there have been conversations between Webber and the rest of the Board and between Webber and Farke.  As a fan it would be reassuring that these are taking place, but this video didn't give any insight, so none the wiser.  

I don't see what this video has really achieved.  The Percy's will still support, the haters will potentially boo, nothing will change because of this.

Ah well, c'mon on Farke, pull the rabbit out of the hat on Sunday.

Also worth adding, in the Pinkun interview clearly gives an answer to the 'We could have just told Emi No' brigade. 

I think up till now the club have been tight lipped on the truth out of respect for Emi and to not tarnish the relationship we have with him as fans and the happy memories we have. It appears however that, due to the criticism and the dreamland opinons we could force him to stay and still see him give 100%, are exactly that a fantasy. The rumours that he said to Webber 'I will never play for this team again' appear true. And lets be honest, he tried to do it the summer before so we cant exactly say its out of character. 

Webber always comes out swinging - it's his style; attack is the best form of defence.

After paying good money to watch their team get spit roasted 7-0, the fans can sing what they like.

“Let us make Carrow Road a difficult place to play on Sunday..."

The team's already done that Stuart...😔

OTBC

1 hour ago, Uncle Fred said:

Gosh ,I am weak, short on intelligence on how to improve , I basically act like a 5 year old having a tantrum .

Sorted👍😉😇

Every other fanbase would have hounded him and the manager out by this point, he's very lucky to work at a club where the fans are so patient and forgiving. Our away support in particular is incredibly loyal and forgiving and even they saw enough after last weekend.

If after this we fail to turn up on Sunday I think it'll get nasty, we will show our support like we always have but when we're paying to watch our team not work as hard as the opposition, not bother to defend or try to win the ball back and roll over and get our tummies tickled again then he can have no complaints if we voice our anger and frustration. 

It's all on the next game now, another meek performance where we offer no threat going forwards and are as easy to play through as a team of orange cones then I think it's going to go from gallows humour and simmering frustration to real nastiness, especially after we've been criticized yet again. 

Anyone else think it would be remiss of Webber not to have a succession plan in place if we get hammered by Leeds?! 

I have a feeling the Farke stuff is smoke and mirrors, if we capitulate Webber has no choice but to remove Daniel. And rightly so, without the fans there’s no club. 

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

This will be a hot topic and discussed in detail by those who intend to spend the whole day on here. 

Yup they're all currently face, tinkle, testicles and botty flannelled....all topped off with a quick lynx armpit squirt....

The pink 'un stalwarts an' sentinels are all awake, alert, primed and at the ready....Club apologists, defenders and critics are all chompin' at the bit! ......I mean, what else in life is there?......

Check List......

"Personal Pooter, laptop and smart phone screens are all cleaned of rabid spittle, stale mucus, crispy (but tasty) bogies are rapidly removed 'Yum'... ....(Including those solidified night emission type questionable fluid stains)? 'Check'.... "All keyboards an' pads are wiped to remove chips & chicken nugget grease, dead skin, ear wax, fingernail fragments and hobnob crumbs?" 'Check'...."Baby wipes, tissues and the favourite (and a priority) catch cloth sock (stiff) within easy reach?" 'Check'....

"Rations required for avoiding dehydration and cyberspace fatigue an' burnout....Four 2 litre bottles of fat coke and a pre-mixed  biggy bottle o' strawberry Nesquik (in Pokemon cooler bag)..Oh, an' not forgetting a slab o' cheap energy drinks?" 'Check'....

Food an' sustenance source. "Family size packs of haribo, Cheesy Doritos, BBQ beef hula hoops coupled with x6 Snickers, x12 (two fingered) Kit-kats, one Terry's choccy orange and a x6 pack o' curly wurlys with a couple o' pot noodles if the going gets tuff?" 'Check'....

"Lastly a List of pink 'un posting arch enemies and their political allegiances?" 'Check'....

.....GAME ON!...... 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, yellowrider120 said:

Webber gives such overwhelming support for Farke.

Under this manager, these are the facts since Project Restart:-

Played 19

WON NIL

Drawn 2

Lost 16

Goals For 3

Goals Against 46

Yet...............'to be questioning Daniel at this point, I think would be incredibly unfair' . The stats above are the one thing that is 'incredible' and would not be tolerated at any other football club!!

That’s a garbage stat - you’re completely omitting an entire season of 46 games from it.  The FACT is those are only PL stats, but why is it ok to completely omit our best ever season from them? 

Edited by Branston Pickle

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

That’s a garbage stat - you’re completely omitting an entire season of 46 games from it.  

There's no doubt we've been abysmal in the Premiership, but had you said 3 years ago we would sandwich 2 Championship wins between a Premiership relegation I don't think too many fans would have said it wasn't good enough.

I have no doubt that things need to change and the club needs to grow, and at some point the coaching and managerial teams' positions become untenable, but I also think it's important to take a step back and look at things over the medium term as well.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, birchfest said:

Also worth adding, in the Pinkun interview clearly gives an answer to the 'We could have just told Emi No' brigade. 

I think up till now the club have been tight lipped on the truth out of respect for Emi and to not tarnish the relationship we have with him as fans and the happy memories we have. It appears however that, due to the criticism and the dreamland opinons we could force him to stay and still see him give 100%, are exactly that a fantasy. The rumours that he said to Webber 'I will never play for this team again' appear true. And lets be honest, he tried to do it the summer before so we cant exactly say its out of character. 

In what sense do the rumours he said that appear true? Given they’ve only ever come from one source who looks extremely sheepish as he says it in the video and in fact doesn’t actually say it was Emi who said it?

it’s funny how often when there is an unpopular sale the player has forced their hand beforehand! 

1 hour ago, yellowrider120 said:

Webber gives such overwhelming support for Farke.

Under this manager, these are the facts since Project Restart:-

Played 19

WON NIL

Drawn 2

Lost 16

Goals For 3

Goals Against 46

Yet...............'to be questioning Daniel at this point, I think would be incredibly unfair' . The stats above are the one thing that is 'incredible' and would not be tolerated at any other football club!!

Really. I must have spent a year asleep. I thought we’d had a title winning season since Project Restart. Either I’m a dreamer or your comment is utterly false.

5 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Yup they're all currently face, tinkle, testicles and botty flannelled....all topped off with a quick lynx armpit squirt....

The pink 'un stalwarts an' sentinels are all awake, alert, primed and at the ready....Club apologists, defenders and critics are all chompin' at the bit! ......I mean, what else in life is there?......

Check List......

"Personal Pooter, laptop and smart phone screens are all cleaned of rabid spittle, stale mucus, crispy (but tasty) bogies are rapidly removed 'Yum'... ....(Including those solidified night emission type questionable fluid stains)? 'Check'.... "All keyboards an' pads are wiped to remove chips & chicken nugget grease, dead skin, ear wax, fingernail fragments and hobnob crumbs?" 'Check'...."Baby wipes, tissues and the favourite (and a priority) catch cloth sock (stiff) within easy reach?" 'Check'....

"Rations required for avoiding dehydration and cyberspace fatigue an' burnout....Four 2 litre bottles of fat coke and a pre-mixed  biggy bottle o' strawberry Nesquik (in Pokemon cooler bag)..Oh, an' not forgetting a slab o' cheap energy drinks?" 'Check'....

Food an' sustenance source. "Family size packs of haribo, Cheesy Doritos, BBQ beef hula hoops coupled with x6 Snickers, x12 (two fingered) Kit-kats, one Terry's choccy orange and a x6 pack o' curly wurlys with a couple o' pot noodles if the going gets tuff?" 'Check'....

"Lastly a List of pink 'un posting arch enemies and their political allegiances?" 'Check'....

.....GAME ON!...... 

Rumour has it some have a colostomy bag and catheter fitted to guarantee instant reply time. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

That’s a garbage stat - you’re completely omitting an entire season of 46 games from it.  The FACT is those are only PL stats, but why is it ok to completely omit our best ever season from them? 

Because the issue is Farkes ability to coach in the premier league, not the championship. We know he can succeed at the latter level but we need a coach who can do both. 

8 minutes ago, Ian said:

There's no doubt we've been abysmal in the Premiership, but had you said 3 years ago we would sandwich 2 Championship wins between a Premiership relegation I don't think too many fans would have said it wasn't good enough.

This is why the context is so important though.

Yes we'd have taken it but the extremely limp nature of the last relegation combined with this season so far means '2 Championship wins either side of a relegation' isn't the full story. 

1 hour ago, Michael Starr said:

Usually when SW comes out with a key interview, everybody buys into it. He's brilliant at these battlefield siege speeches, BUT... this one... well, it's divided opinion. That's how low the morale is with the supporters right now. I still want to back the squad and Farke and the ground will rock at CR this Saturday, however, you cannot take away the fact that lack of quality is not going to keep us up. Lack of quality for both the players and perhaps the head coach who's top flight record has been possibly only rivalled by Steve Kean at Blackburn.

This could be an incredibly well timed, powerful interview if it motivates the players and we do well over the next four games.

Lose on Saturday though and it will go the same way as Farke's rallying cry a few weeks ago - fans getting miffed when they do their side of the bargain and the players fail to show up.

I saw a snippet of this interview and he mentions that fans should have pride in the team. Perhaps if they went out there and played with pride instead of meekly rolling over then it wouldn't be an issue

1 minute ago, king canary said:

This is why the context is so important though.

Yes we'd have taken it but the extremely limp nature of the last relegation combined with this season so far means '2 Championship wins either side of a relegation' isn't the full story. 

I agree, so to give it full context, if you had offered most fans 2 Championship wins in between a limp Premiership campaign (which had its highlights), and an unarguably abysmal start to another Premiership season would they have taken it?

Again, considering the position we were in, I am not convinced it would have changed most peoples' answers. 

I don't think anybody disagrees that things have to change, but equally that doesn't undo all the good work that has been done to date either.

If we cannot win a game against Leeds or Brentford and I would replace Farke (being honest I would probably do it now). May not be what Webber would do, but we all see things differently.

Plus, reading between the lines, Webber will go at the end of this season… I am guessing that he is trying to sort this now and possibly working his notice.