Dean Coneys boots

Webber’s interview

In a nutshell - boo the fans, stop moaning, get behind us. Yes we have been poor but so what? It is not enough enough for Daniel to be under any pressure. We had a go in the summer - we still think our players are good enough- and that it isn’t working is just bad luck. 

Honestly what else would you expect him to say? If he said anything else it would be "club in crisis with unhelpful comments being made at this stage in a season".

At least he seems fired up, rather than a captain solemnly going down with his ship. Sounds like Adrian Durham has finally got to him though. 

Maybe in 5 years time when we're in the Champions League, Sargent is Ballon d'Or winner and Farke is Coach of the Year we can all thank Talksport for uniting the club which kick started our glorious rise to the top

• Haha 4

I generally agree with most of what he says but sometimes I think he needs to remember less is more. 

To come out and criticise the fans for not being positive enough after the absolute ****e we've been served this season isn't great. We've already had one big 'lets make Carrow Road a fortress' rallying cry where the fans did their bit but Farke and the players put out one of the limpest performances I can remember. So I think fans can be forgiven for rolling their eyes at this latest try. 

• Like 1

Brilliant interview from Webber. So glad he is associated and working for our club. Very professional, sets high standards and by the sounds of it, fired up for the fight ahead. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I’m not Webber’s biggest fan but at least he has tried to rally the troops.  I do think he is a bit quick to lay the blame at the fans door sometimes though.  It’s hard to keep an atmosphere up when we are so poor.  Go one nil down early on Sunday and his words will be quickly forgotten. The team needs to come out of the blocks and show some fight. 

I hoe they listened to this interview and can take something from it because these next three games are massive for this club if we have any (little) chance of staying up. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, king canary said:

I generally agree with most of what he says but sometimes I think he needs to remember less is more. 

To come out and criticise the fans for not being positive enough after the absolute ****e we've been served this season isn't great. We've already had one big 'lets make Carrow Road a fortress' rallying cry where the fans did their bit but Farke and the players put out one of the limpest performances I can remember. So I think fans can be forgiven for rolling their eyes at this latest try. 

agreed. I also felt it was an interview for a team placed 18th who haven’t quite got in gear and not really an adequate one for a team whose record is as turgid as ours. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

agreed. I also felt it was an interview for a team placed 18th who haven’t quite got in gear and not really an adequate one for a team whose record is as turgid as ours. 

This.  

So, yet again have a go at the fans! Try addressing the situation he, Webber, has actually put us in with his pi$$ poor signings and wasting money, something he criticised his predecessor for! 

• Like 2

I appreciate his ideaology but I think that it's in the players court to get the fans back, rather than the other way around, as it stands right now. They're the ones being paid, right? Also I feel his wording on Farke makes him sound immune to ever being removed from the club. I don't feel that's a healthy attitude.

Edited by JB
  • Like 1

I love how there are two different views. People either view this interview as 

'You must be a happy clapper stop booing **** you we are trying'

Or  its a fantastic interview of a man trying hard to get everyone ready to support the team and fight hard, and a man who wants to prove everyone wrong.

1 hour ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

In a nutshell - boo the fans, stop moaning, get behind us. Yes we have been poor but so what? It is not enough enough for Daniel to be under any pressure. We had a go in the summer - we still think our players are good enough- and that it isn’t working is just bad luck. 

That is simply not what he is saying. He doesn't mention the fans once, or even hint at them being to blame. Everything he says is directed at the staff, from himself down, working at the club:

"But that doesn't come down to one man. You know, we've got 300 staff here, every single one of them has a massive responsibility to step up. We have 11 players on the pitch every week. A manager cannot do anything about a player losing his head and getting two yellow cards in nine minutes and getting sent off when you are right under the cosh. What do you do about that? 

"So this is a time now where this is not about focusing on one man. This is about focusing on the whole and the collective and it starts with me. We have not been good enough, and we need to sort that out. It is not about an individual at this point.” 

Webber has done amazing things for our club, and for that I feel a huge debt of gratitude.  I love his spirit and his fight… he has publicly backed farke.  I believe we can win on Saturday .

oh and if you want to support a team that doesn’t lose try one of the plastic big 6 and see how much ‘fun’ that is.

otbc

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PurpleCanary said:

That is simply not what he is saying. He doesn't mention the fans once, or even hint at them being to blame. Everything he says is directed at the staff, from himself down, working at the club:

"But that doesn't come down to one man. You know, we've got 300 staff here, every single one of them has a massive responsibility to step up. We have 11 players on the pitch every week. A manager cannot do anything about a player losing his head and getting two yellow cards in nine minutes and getting sent off when you are right under the cosh. What do you do about that? 

"So this is a time now where this is not about focusing on one man. This is about focusing on the whole and the collective and it starts with me. We have not been good enough, and we need to sort that out. It is not about an individual at this point.” 

I'm assuming you've not read all three articles the pinkun posted?

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/canaries-ncfc-stuart-webber-premier-league-leeds-fans-8445174

"But all I would say to the fans is do not give up on us now. We have had five years together with this set of people running the club, the coaches, the players who, let us not forget, created some incredible moments for our supporters. 

"Do not give up on us now. This is a time where we need to fight and come together.  

“Let us make Carrow Road a difficult place to play on Sunday, and see if we can get our fans to come out fighting for this club. 

"We do not need our fans singing songs about how rubbish the opposition are, because they are drawing with us after five minutes. We actually need our fans to show a bit of teeth as well. 

“My advice to everyone from the top of the football club, all the way through to our supporters, is do not give up on this group of people. Do not give up on the manager, the staff, the players.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, king canary said:

Just now, PurpleCanary said:

See above Purple

3 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

You obviously didn't look very far!

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/canaries-ncfc-stuart-webber-premier-league-leeds-fans-8445174

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

"But all I would say to the fans is do not give up on us now. We have had five years together with this set of people running the club, the coaches, the players who, let us not forget, created some incredible moments for our supporters. 

"Do not give up on us now. This is a time where we need to fight and come together.  

“Let us make Carrow Road a difficult place to play on Sunday, and see if we can get our fans to come out fighting for this club. 

"We do not need our fans singing songs about how rubbish the opposition are, because they are drawing with us after five minutes. We actually need our fans to show a bit of teeth as well. 

“My advice to everyone from the top of the football club, all the way through to our supporters, is do not give up on this group of people. Do not give up on the manager, the staff, the players.

I have no problem with what he says re the fans. One of my pet hates is this "how sh*t must you be" songs, I cringe every time I hear it from our or other fans. He also says the fans absolutely had the right to say whatever they want after the Chelsea game.

As for the rest of the interview, as per usual he spoke well and displayed a calming influence which is exactly what needed whilst some fans lose their head. He was never going to put Farke out on his own at this stage, he's taking collective responsibility along with the rest of staff / players.

Interestingly, his future may be sorted in the next month. If we're getting an additional years commitment that would be great.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, king canary said:

No. I was just going on the one main piece I saw. I hadn't seen that. I take what I said back, although apart from that one highlighted line his comments about the fans are reasonably sensible.

Whilst at a superficial level the interviews (there is more than one or chunks of the same one at least) is admirable in terms of 'rallying the troops', 'calling out the shambles at Chelski' etc, it is simply astonishing that .

I like the Farke/ Webber combination when it is working. But nothing has gone right in the Premiership, nothing. At the moment Farke still looks out of his depth with no plan or tactic which is effective at this level. Webber is right, the only answer to the criticism is to win games. But can anyone see that happening? We live in hope as NCFC supporters , but I have no confidence this can be turned around.

Just now, yellowrider120 said:

Whilst at a superficial level the interviews (there is more than one or chunks of the same one at least) is admirable in terms of 'rallying the troops', 'calling out the shambles at Chelski' etc, it is simply astonishing that .

Webber gives such overwhelming support for Farke.

Under this manager, these are the facts since Project Restart:-

Played 19

WON NIL

Drawn 2

Lost 16

Goals For 3

Goals Against 46

Yet...............'to be questioning Daniel at this point, I think would be incredibly unfair' . The stats above are the one thing that is 'incredible' and would not be tolerated at any other football club!!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

No. I was just going on the one main piece I saw. I hadn't seen that. I take what I said back, although apart from that one highlighted line his comments about the fans are reasonably sensible.

The pinkun are obviously thirsty for clicks so always split big interviews like this into as many articles as they can get away with.

I agree in general but the bit highlighted is what will inevitably stand out. I think its a particularly inadvisable quote after the Watford shambles.

I wish they would show half the fight on the pitch that he shows when interviewed snd in many respects it’s a good interview if it’s subsequently reflected in enhanced fight on the pitch.

But the one thing missing from it is accountability and urgency. This should have been said a month ago. We cannot afford to just let it drag on for a few more games if we don’t get a reaction (and win) on Saturday. 

41 minutes ago, Ren said:

I’m not Webber’s biggest fan but at least he has tried to rally the troops.  I do think he is a bit quick to lay the blame at the fans door sometimes though.  It’s hard to keep an atmosphere up when we are so poor.  Go one nil down early on Sunday and his words will be quickly forgotten. The team needs to come out of the blocks and show some fight. 

I hoe they listened to this interview and can take something from it because these next three games are massive for this club if we have any (little) chance of staying up. 

Not even go one down. Put out that same sh*t, negative team and the damage will be done before kick off. They need to give us something to work with through a positive team selection. 

2 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Webber gives such overwhelming support for Farke.

Under this manager, these are the facts since Project Restart:-

Played 19

WON NIL

Drawn 2

Lost 16

Goals For 3

Goals Against 46

Yet...............'to be questioning Daniel at this point, I think would be incredibly unfair' . The stats above are the one thing that is 'incredible' and would not be tolerated at any other football club!!

They aren't the facts since project restart, which is probably why there's a gap between you and Webber. Webber is including a title winning season with record-breaking points.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I have no problem with what he says re the fans. One of my pet hates is this "how sh*t must you be" songs, I cringe every time I hear it from our or other fans. He also says the fans absolutely had the right to say whatever they want after the Chelsea game.

As for the rest of the interview, as per usual he spoke well and displayed a calming influence which is exactly what needed whilst some fans lose their head. He was never going to put Farke out on his own at this stage, he's taking collective responsibility along with the rest of staff / players.

Interestingly, his future may be sorted in the next month. If we're getting an additional years commitment that would be great.

I'm also not a fan of them but I understand the gallows humour- as I said to Purple I just don't think it's a great quote considering the complete no show after Farke's big rallying call pre Watford. I think most fans would be within their rights to point to the fact that they did their job for that game and the players and Farke totally let them down. So if you want the fans to show some teeth, show them yourself first.

Re an extension- I'd be happy for him to stay but I'm getting concerned that he seems unwilling to make the tough decisions when he needs to. There is no point having a SD who won't change head coach even when results are terrible. 

• Like 1