Sign in to follow this  
KCanary

Roger Milla...Dodgy Geezer??!!!

This has been bugging me & mates since the discussion came up in The Murderers pub last weekend....please help!!!!!

Discussing World Cup greats we got onto the subject of Roger Milla. Aparently NO ONE knows how old he is...but! Someone must as he must have a passport so passport control must know or he won''t be allowed in the country,,,if his D.O.B isn''t on there or is fake thats tampering & illegal and he should''ve been chucked out of the country?!! So someone must know or his goals must be discounted! So is it all b#llocks? Or am i just talking b#llocks?

Discuss.........

Thats a strange post for your debut! Roger Milla''s age is 53 and I have no idea about any passports! His date of born is May 20th

I hope this info is of some help to your strange cameroonian quest!

I assume he has a passport, and I assume it has his date of birth on it, but neither assumption will mean the date is correct.

I think it''s disgraceful that these African countrys don''t keep accurate statistical datbases. SHOCKING

what the hell are u on about????? and what the hell has this got to do With NCFC???/ why bother going through the hassle of registering just for this?

Roger Milla is from Cameroon so wont be chucked out of England will he????? he''s still a national hero for his exploits in 1990 and 1994.

he is 59 years old and remains the oldest player to of appeared in a world cup.

AS for "not having a passport" and discounting his goals... Tony Cascarino!!!! enough said! he''s about as Irish as pele!!!!

jas :)

Nobody knew his age.

And when did he come "in the country" anyway? And what do you mean by "the country"?

England?

What about Windy Milla...''hello Windy!''......he was a 43 year old batchelor when I first saw him walking out of his front door and skillfully timing his exit to avoid those swooshing windmill arms.

I saw him again last week.....''hello again Windy!''...and he still has nothing to say, just nods or shakes his head, doesn''t have a partner yet and is still 43 years of age wearing the same old smock and neckerchief.

Windy was 43 on the day he was born so his date of birth is not relevant in his case.

The chances of his D.O.B, in his passport being correct, are remote to say the least. It''s not a slight on him or even a case of trying to falcify anything. However, trying to keep any kind of records of births and deaths in some of the countries in Africa, were very difficult, what with civil wars and coups(?), occuring frequently. Hence a lot of estimation.

Iv''e worked alot with local crews in Angola, Congo, and Nigeria, and to read there passports, were often the funniest part of working down there. One of the guy''s, who was obviously no older than 40, had a passport claiming he was 70!

Not to be too controversial, lets just say officials were more leaniant with documents, depending on how many bottles of N''gok they had drunk (and you think Norwich bitter was bad!)

Thanks for all your replies.......Yes it is very useful as it looks like i share a birthday with him just 30 years younger (maybe!). Maybe he should be our Manager...what a legend!

Roger was born sometime between the Boer War and the 1st World War, which would have made him 108 during last years Milk Cup Final, I think, but that''s just an educated guess.