Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Farkeball....or Parkball? No more free hits.

Lesson learned?  We all know and have got used to Farkeball and how it works, but this season we can no longer afford "free hits" as some people seem to think matches against the top clubs are.  We are going to need points from these games against top six sides now, so rather than try and match up to them - like we did against Chelsea, we must use that tried and tested game called Parkball - two banks of four, or a 451, or 541 with plenty of players behind the ball, never straying too far up the pitch and go for that clean sheet and a point. 

Pragmatic, sensible and necessary imo.  At the moment we simply don't have the way of playing that can damage these clubs. Chelsea look to be the team of the season, with Liverpool and Man City not far behind. We may have been fortunate to get three of the games against them out of the way so soon in the season and can build Farkeball back in the next few games, but as far as the top three clubs go - and any other team that is bang in form, maybe Parkball will be a better option.......

Having said that what about Leeds?  After the rout last game, maybe need a similar approach to start with - pack the midfield and to dominate there. 451 or 541.  If we are too attacking minded, we may be too open again and this is a match of key importance to all of us, fans, players and Farke, to be too forward thinking......we just aren't capable of it - at the moment.  Steady the ship, pick up the odd point here and there and only then can we be a bit more adventurous later in the season.

I remember the pretty uninspiring start we had in 2018 - and the catalsyt for improvement was a rather ugly hard fought 1-1 against our once rivals down the road. An ugly hard fought 1-1 on Sunday would be a good indicator that there is life after Chelsea......

Nope. No more steadying the ship. Anything other than a win on Sunday and Farke needs to be removed. "Pick up the odd point ere and there" is not enough. We need wins and we need them now and we, as fans, need to see our attacking players on the pitch and a team and a style of play that we can get behind. No turgid 5-4-1 or 5-3-2 with useless Sargent up with Pukki. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Nope. No more steadying the ship. Anything other than a win on Sunday and Farke needs to be removed. "Pick up the odd point ere and there" is not enough. We need wins and we need them now and we, as fans, need to see our attacking players on the pitch and a team and a style of play that we can get behind. No turgid 5-4-1 or 5-3-2 with useless Sargent up with Pukki. 

Well I said only one up front so we agree on not having Sargent up with Pukki. Midfield is where we have been lacking so more midfielders in will help, players willing and able to track back. 451 for me.

Anything less than 3 points Sunday and he needs packing off back to Germany in fact it’s a disgrace he is still here now. 

48 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

An ugly hard fought 1-1 on Sunday would be a good indicator that there is life after Chelsea......

Would rather a win myself LDC but you do you.

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Lesson learned?  We all know and have got used to Farkeball and how it works, but this season we can no longer afford "free hits" as some people seem to think matches against the top clubs are.  We are going to need points from these games against top six sides now, so rather than try and match up to them - like we did against Chelsea, we must use that tried and tested game called Parkball - two banks of four, or a 451, or 541 with plenty of players behind the ball, never straying too far up the pitch and go for that clean sheet and a point. 

Pragmatic, sensible and necessary imo.  At the moment we simply don't have the way of playing that can damage these clubs. Chelsea look to be the team of the season, with Liverpool and Man City not far behind. We may have been fortunate to get three of the games against them out of the way so soon in the season and can build Farkeball back in the next few games, but as far as the top three clubs go - and any other team that is bang in form, maybe Parkball will be a better option.......

Having said that what about Leeds?  After the rout last game, maybe need a similar approach to start with - pack the midfield and to dominate there. 451 or 541.  If we are too attacking minded, we may be too open again and this is a match of key importance to all of us, fans, players and Farke, to be too forward thinking......we just aren't capable of it - at the moment.  Steady the ship, pick up the odd point here and there and only then can we be a bit more adventurous later in the season.

I remember the pretty uninspiring start we had in 2018 - and the catalsyt for improvement was a rather ugly hard fought 1-1 against our once rivals down the road. An ugly hard fought 1-1 on Sunday would be a good indicator that there is life after Chelsea......

You do realise we played 5 at the back against Chelsea and look completely inept at defending. We could play 2 goalkeepers and 6 at the back and still not be coached well enough to keep a clean sheet. 

we don’t need draws to survive we need wins. 4-2-3-1 is the only way I can see us getting out of our own half. 

• Like 1

The 4-2-3-1 is 4-5-1 when you're out of possession. It just has specific behaviors for transitions which vary from a traditional 4-5-1. It's more about getting creative and dangerous midfielders on to the pitch at the expense of the less talented journey men we've been playing.

It’s going to be nasty on Sunday the crowd will be ready to turn , the players will feel that, Leeds will get an early ish goal and all hell will break lose

That is my prediction , when you lose the away following there is no way back and Farke is a dead man walking 

• Like 1

Good sides will pick us apart regardless of how defensive we line up. 

Facts are:

Farke has no defensive coaching skills and we have never been any good defensively under his management.

The players at the back are not good enough at this level to a man. I include all the fullback’s/wingback in that Aarons as well.

Whoever saw Gibson and Giannoulis as the answer to our defensive problems and sanctioned signing them permanently after our promotion needs to have a lobotomy. The looked bang average defensively in the championship how were they ever going to be better in the Prem.

Whoever said, tell you what we’ll go with Grant Hanley again in the premiership league. I know he was wildly out of his depth last time but what the heck, also needs shooting.

Don’t tell me Farke has no input and it all Webber on the recruiting side because that not true. He must have said yes he wanted those players he must have said yes Hanley will be good enough next time.

Farke is a one trick pony. Farkeball is dead, parkball is bullšhit and will deliver more humiliation as team tear us to shreds. 

I’ve said it before and I still believe it. There is no plan, model, or great scheme that will see future success beyond what we have achieved to date. As with everything the Board, OP and his followers spout regarding the way things are going to be it’s always  mañana, mañana. It will never happen but with Farke at the helm we won’t even get a chance of the odd stay in the Prem. He is no wonder manager he is as I said the archetypal one trick pony!

1 minute ago, Hardhouse44 said:

Facts are:

Farke has no defensive coaching skills and we have never been any good defensively under his management.

The players at the back are not good enough at this level to a man. I include all the fullback’s/wingback in that Aarons as well.

Whoever saw Gibson and Giannoulis as the answer to our defensive problems and sanctioned signing them permanently after our promotion needs to have a lobotomy. The looked bang average defensively in the championship how were they ever going to be better in the Prem.

Whoever said, tell you what we’ll go with Grant Hanley again in the premiership league. I know he was wildly out of his depth last time but what the heck, also needs shooting.

Don’t tell me Farke has no input and it all Webber on the recruiting side because that not true. He must have said yes he wanted those players he must have said yes Hanley will be good enough next time.

Farke is a one trick pony. Farkeball is dead, parkball is bullšhit and will deliver more humiliation as team tear us to shreds. 

I’ve said it before and I still believe it. There is no plan, model, or great scheme that will see future success beyond what we have achieved to date. As with everything the Board, OP and his followers spout regarding the way things are going to be it’s always  mañana, mañana. It will never happen but with Farke at the helm we won’t even get a chance of the odd stay in the Prem. He is no wonder manager he is as I said the archetypal one trick pony!

Personally, I don't believe in wonder managers at all.

What I do think is that, when we've changed so many players, putting all of the scrutiny on the manager and negative, unsupported generalisations about him while effectively letting totally unproven players off the hook makes no sense to me at all. 

It's almost enough to make me hope he does go to Wolfsburg and make a massive success of it to show people how stupid they're being, except they're all probably so stupid they still won't realise it. 

13 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

Facts are:

Don't really agree there Hardhouse. I believe the defenders & attacking players are good enough for lower Prem level. I think we haven't got the quality in central & deep midfield, the ramifications of which are happening before our eyes. Confidence is being sapped across the squad and little fractures of discontent are seeping out (see Cantwell, Dimi and quite likely Gilmour, Idah, Dowell, Tzolis...hearsay I know but it's not looking too positive currently)

Leeds must be licking their lips for Sunday. Can Farke & his coaching team turn this around? A few draws might keep them in a job but only a few wins will point this ship in the right direction. Doesn't seem likely, sadly.

Can i just say Lakey that at the current rate you are posting threads since the Chelsea utter humiliation i fear you are going to peak to soon and by the time Sunday comes you will have no lectures or sermons left to give.

12 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Can i just say Lakey that at the current rate you are posting threads since the Chelsea utter humiliation i fear you are going to peak to soon and by the time Sunday comes you will have no lectures or sermons left to give.

Yes, perhaps we should have him cancelled😐

3 minutes ago, ron obvious said:
17 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Yes, perhaps we should have him cancelled

It's ok, I'm off to the Seychelles, courtesy of Mistress Krul. See you all in a week.....unless he doesn't pay up!

42 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

You know he still will.