Sign in to follow this  
smooth

'Money could be freed for January' DM anyone?

So after reading the report, that many of us have so far today, regarding the importance of the transfers out of the club for our financial position; it was interesting that we could have money in January.

Now I would have to say I think it is imperative that we spend in January if the right player is there, a defensive midfielder. We have all being saying it for so long but right now we do not have that gritty player and whatever league we are in next year we will need one. Yes if we stay up it is easier to attract one next summer, but we need one ASAP to allow us more freedom to be more attacking and allow more goal scoring players to be on the pitch.

I cannot see a situation where by in January Farke is still here and we are very adrift of other teams in the relegation places. So if a new manager or farke has us in touching distance of survival then money has to be made available for this key role for that final push.

So either way I would expect money to be available for a loan to buy deal again (may need to review some of our current loans) or a permanent deal.

Clutching at anything at the moment ha ha

If we are still in a similar position its more likely we will see outs than ins gearing up for relegation. However if we are pushing top ten then I can see a few £ being made available 😉

January

Pushing for top 10????????

image.jpeg.9fa75c60c8e2f27d1066cc5185bb9177.jpeg

Edited by daly

14 minutes ago, smooth said:

So after reading the report, that many of us have so far today, regarding the importance of the transfers out of the club for our financial position; it was interesting that we could have money in January.

Now I would have to say I think it is imperative that we spend in January if the right player is there, a defensive midfielder. We have all being saying it for so long but right now we do not have that gritty player and whatever league we are in next year we will need one. Yes if we stay up it is easier to attract one next summer, but we need one ASAP to allow us more freedom to be more attacking and allow more goal scoring players to be on the pitch.

I cannot see a situation where by in January Farke is still here and we are very adrift of other teams in the relegation places. So if a new manager or farke has us in touching distance of survival then money has to be made available for this key role for that final push.

So either way I would expect money to be available for a loan to buy deal again (may need to review some of our current loans) or a permanent deal.

Clutching at anything at the moment ha ha

It sounds a bit too much like 2016, can't see that happening again.

2 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

It sounds a bit too much like 2016, can't see that happening again.

Yeah could be true, but if a new manager comes in that has a bit of nous about relegation scraps then maybe.

As said clutching at straws as I can only see us either with a new manager by January or in and amongst the relegation scrap at best. I cannot see us floundering at the bottom with Farke in January. But then again... maybe we will

10 minutes ago, smooth said:

Yeah could be true, but if a new manager comes in that has a bit of nous about relegation scraps then maybe.

As said clutching at straws as I can only see us either with a new manager by January or in and amongst the relegation scrap at best. I cannot see us floundering at the bottom with Farke in January. But then again... maybe we will

My worry is that we will still have him and his topics in place in January

I fear that we will still have Farke and will be rock bottom in January. Thus it will be difficult to attract quality. More likely we will be shipping out better players.

Hopefully, I am wrong and we are 15th come January and Farke is fist pumping again. But this is, sadly, unlikely.

Unless we've had a significant upturn in form and are still in tocuh who the hell is going to want to join us in January?

• Thanks 1

It's utter insanity to hold back on summer spending and then splash the cash in January when you're already cut adrift. And I don't see how signing yet more players would help.

We already signed too many bang average players. Our best players can't even get onto the pitch. We needed some 'weapons' (as @Parma Ham's gone mouldy would say). Unless we sign a couple of £20m players then we're hardly going to be improving the team anyway.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Petriix said:

It's utter insanity to hold back on summer spending and then splash the cash in January when you're already cut adrift. And I don't see how signing yet more players would help.

We already signed too many bang average players. Our best players can't even get onto the pitch. We needed some 'weapons' (as @Parma Ham's gone mouldy would say). Unless we sign a couple of £20m players then we're hardly going to be improving the team anyway.

Can guarantee that if we do try bringing players in January they will be loans who will be off the second the season ends

Whether we spend money in Jan will come down to what clubs on the continent are in financial crisis and prepared to sell their players at cut prices. It matters not what position they play, if that fits with our needs but if their potential for future profit is high enough to keep the wheels on the self funding wagon.

Edited by Son Ova Gunn

7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Can guarantee that if we do try bringing players in January they will be loans who will be off the second the season ends

Another Duda on the horizon I bet!

If Farke is still here we won't sign anyone as it implies an upturn in form and much improved individual performances.

If we have a new coach then it will very much depend on league position. As mentioned it will be very hard to attract quality if we are nailed on for the Championship.

We desperately need a striker though.

14 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Agreed, I would think with an eye on the Champ though if we're bound. We'll already have three in Pukki, Idah and (on loan) Hugill, the latter a perfect tonic for the misery which will come from relegation.

Couple of factors to consider  -

Pukki probably won't want to play another season in the Champ.

Idah, what will be his thinking if he remains glued to the bench this season - loan move or look for a permanent one?

And I don't count Sergant as he's shown nothing to prove he can cut it, even in the Championship, and I wouldn't want to rely on him either. 

39 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

If Farke is still here we won't sign anyone as it implies an upturn in form and much improved individual performances.

If we have a new coach then it will very much depend on league position. As mentioned it will be very hard to attract quality if we are nailed on for the Championship.

'We desperately need a striker though'

End of the day Farke fully trusts Pukki as first choice and I don't see it changing and we already spent a record ammount on a new striker.