Sign in to follow this  
ca

Barry Skipper hits out at critics

Sorry but this man came over as a complete pillock at the Fans Forum at Sheringham, because his rantings went completely off subject.

Now hes spoken out again, word of advice, you''re digging yourself a deeper hole with us fans!!!!!!

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED25%20Feb%202006%2013%3A23%3A45%3A100

I do agree that this Board have an excellent record and have always supported their position with the exception of their inability to see beyond Worthington as manager, however, wasn''t Skipper one of Chase''s flunky''s and what empathy with supporters was there then.

He''s gone for the old political trick of hit out at your critics before they smack you in the eye. Almost invariably a sign of a desperate man.... [;)]

Looks to me as if Barmy Kipper was Rick Fagend''s source the other day for the latter''s ''use your eyes'' article in the Pink''Un which contained the not-too-subtle ''coded'' message the Independent Supporters Association to zip it! 

Human nature being what it is, you only get a reaction like Kipper''s when there''s questions going unanswered.... [:@]

Yes, I had the same reaction cityangel. Delia''s call last season of "Let''s be''avin you", followed by Nigel''s input of "I''m not bothered by what the fans think", and Steve Foley''s " That''s one on the chin for those doubters". With a club attendance that needs to take second place to no other in our range and scale. Now we have Barry Skipper with his words of wisdom, "“Next season is much more critical given you know there''s no more time in terms of the parachute payments. This season you know that you do have another bite at the cherry.”

Well, Barry, we had a real bite at the cherry last season. This season''s fruit is less appetising, and next season, without management and coaching change, will likely be a barren year. You see Barry, when having a bite at the cherry, it''s better to have teeth for the purpose, otherwise one is likely to execute a giant sucking sound and swallow the pip.

Perhaps we should start our own ''most wanted style'' pack of cards.

Worthington is the Knave of Clubs.

Foley is the Queen of Diamonds.

Skipper (keep digging) is now the King of Spades

Any others? Please don''t overdo the Jokers.

"We know where we are and where we''re going,” said Skipper, convinced that Worthington''s new-look team is “not a million miles away” from clicking into gear.

Kipper''s right, of course - Worthless''s ''new-look team'' is at least 2 million miles away... and currently "clicking into reverse" at Selhurst Park...

For the many of us who will not pro-actively protest Skipper presents us with only one of two options: renew or not renew and there will be no St. Andrews Hall guidance of discontent.

So what have you got to say now Mr Skipper, still happy with life at Carrow Road are you?

[quote user="cityangel"]So what have you got to say now Mr Skipper, still happy with life at Carrow Road are you?[/quote]

Not quite got the hang of timing at Carrow Road have they?  If you are going to release statements such as these, don''t do it before a tough away game.  You are just asking for a slap in the face.

“We know, for example, that the line between success and failure in football is wafer thin. Equally, we know that football is not a business, it''s a passionate game that prompts passionate opinions - and I wholly agree with all that passion being there - but that passion cannot be allowed to become an excuse for everything. Like our players being booed when they''re winning. It doesn''t seem to me like Norwich City.

Yes, today got off to a cracking start, thanks Mr Skipper.  I always wanted to know that I (and many others apparently) know next to nothing about football, but of course you do.  But the paragraph above really had me heading for the dog, the lead, and a long, long walk in the woods.....

Mr Skipper, you are clearly on a different planet to us mere yokels.  No, football is not a business (though I would have thought it was, seeing there''s a Board of Directors, of which I presume you are one such member), what you mean, I presume is it''s more than just a business.  Yes, it is, it''s entertainment, or meant to be.  Entertainment, that myself, and many other City fans have to fork out hard earned money to give to you, Delia and co to watch.  Hard earned money to watch the kind of stuff we have been served up this season?  Booing players after a win?  Er, yes, it was hardly Roy of the Rovers, now, was it?  (Sorry that sort of football isn''t allowed anymore at NCFC, Barry).  It''s work ethic now, not flair, not entertainment, not passion, just work, work, work work (except nothing does work anymore, does it?).  

Which is partly why the meeting is going ahead.  Many of us are sick to the core with the kind of stuff we have been witness to this season.  We love the club, the team, and football.  Sadly the combination of team and football is not at the club anymore. 

You are so right, this is not Norwich City, we used to play football, and I''ll tell you something Mr Skipper, we want to watch it again.  If NCISA, or anyone else, choose to hold a public meeting because the fans (and more than the previously held opinion of 150 protesters and a few keyboard warriors), need a voice, then why not?  Do the fans not have a right to air views, have a debate AND then present the findings to the club, in an effort to try and help, to find out what can be done to sort the problems out?

But hey, it''s okay folks, there''s always next year!  Right Barry? 

In club terms Skipper was a nonentity 10 years ago and is a nonentity today - as is our ''chairman'' jolly roger.  The only people with any clout on the board are Mr & Mrs Wynne Jones.   Why is it that we don''t hear from them but always from their lackeys?

because they only want to be seen during the good times fleggy... footballs a bed of roses to them.. now the roses have wilted it isnt "fun" anymore so they dont want to be seen on TV etc

jas :)

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

Perhaps we should start our own ''most wanted style'' pack of cards.

Worthington is the Knave of Clubs.

Foley is the Queen of Diamonds.

Skipper (keep digging) is now the King of Spades

Any others? Please don''t overdo the Jokers.

[/quote]

Paul McVeigh - The Ace of Spades. [;)]

Skipper is correct in saying that the club is in much better shape than in 96 when the current board took over, however after 2 seasons of very poor on the pitch performance - which is what really matters to supporters of the club, we are clearly back to where we started. The coaching staff has to be changed before the end of the season or more serious problems will start to return to the club. 

[quote user="fleggy"]In club terms Skipper was a nonentity 10 years ago and is a nonentity today - as is our ''chairman'' jolly roger.  The only people with any clout on the board are Mr & Mrs Wynne Jones.   Why is it that we don''t hear from them but always from their lackeys?[/quote]

The reason might  just be that   the board are NOT lackeys !    there seems to be this notion that  Delia and WJ  , just because they are majority shareholders ,  are  ruling the roost  and  cracking the whip  !!     its  just not how  it works,   if they tried this stunt  the board would  just implode   and resign  !  and Delia and hubby  didn`t get where they are by being stupid .....    

Reading what this man had to say in the Evening News made me angry. Typical of the type of stupid mentality that states if the product it total crap, blame the customer. If Worthington was a chef, he would have been sacked by now.