Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Farke- From a magician🪄 to a clown🤡

And yet he is correct isn't he?

People want to find blame anywhere as soon as things start to go wrong. Yet all is well when life is okay. If he goes or rather when he goes (all things end) most folk will remember him as an intelligent and decent bloke. One of the best.

Would love him now to be able somehow to get a result or two or three from our next 4 games.

• Like 1

I am sure nobody is calling Farke a clown. However , it is evident that he cannot coach a team to compete in the Premiership . How does he expect the Supporters to support him when our season is over before the end of October? Relegated before the clocks change.

Was last season the best season in the clubs history? The football was fantastic but it was in a lower league. We have played in Europe and won silverware but does he not know this. 

Everything he says is pretty much spot on, but it's nothing revolutionary. He understands in the eyes of supporters he can go from hero to zero very quickly, and previous successes are easily forgotten. He says it's important he focuses entirely on his job and doesn't pay attention to outside critics, again totally fair.

He’s correct. Most pundits on social media are idiots. Myself included. I personally find it refreshing we are not over reacting everytime we lose a game and have a longer term outlook. This is being severely tested at the moment though.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Last season wasn't the best in the club's history, he needs to stop going on about that.

He seems to think he is the most successful manager in our history. He has a long way to go still. Don't get me wrong last season was great but we have had a lot better and at the top table 😀

“Last season we've played the best season in the history of Norwich City football club. We were the champions, and maybe they were close to building a statute“

I think that he is correct that it was the best points haul in the second tier…. But it definitely wasn’t our best season in the history of Norwich City. That is deluded. Silly chap. We will be looking towards another manager soon. But who and will he be any good?! Let’s just hope that Stowmarket Two don’t go for the usual very very cheap option (but we will)

I don’t have an issue with anything Farke has said there other than the “best season in the history of the football club” line which I’ve heard him use previously.

I really like Farke and think he has certain talents but if we are all honest it’s also the case that these defensive deficiencies have always been there throughout his time. If he really focusses on the detail as much as he says then it’s worrying they’ve not been sorted and it makes me doubt even more whether they will be.

I really hope he reverts to type at the weekend  (in terms of formation and style) and it kick starts a miraculous revival. That would obviously be the best outcome all round. 

Edited by Jim Smith
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I really hope he reverts to type at the weekend  (in terms of formation and style) and it kick starts a miraculous revival. That would obviously be the best outcome all round. 

I agree. But I don't think it's a universally shared opinion. There are people on here who won't admit it but want Leeds to win on Sunday. 

4 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I agree. But I don't think it's a universally shared opinion. There are people on here who won't admit it but want Leeds to win on Sunday. 

I don’t want Leeds to win but if they do I do want the board to act swiftly and make a change. We cannot waste any more matches. 

21 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

When he first said it last season he said points total.

Yes, I believe thats what he is referring to.

29 minutes ago, hogesar said:

No, he’s delusional remember. So arrogant that he thinks winning the second tier is as good as winning a major trophy or qualifying for Europe. That’s why he’s gone from being the heroic Captain of HMS PTL to Krusty in the space of 9 games.

Then again there is a fairly sizeable chunk of our fans that have gone from sticking two fingers up in unity at TalkSport to completely agreeing with them in the space of a fortnight. These changes happen fast. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I think he's always due the benefit of the doubt on quotes like this too as he's speaking in his second language- so the odd missed or misplaced word hear or there is to be expected.

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

I really hope he reverts to type at the weekend  (in terms of formation and style) and it kick starts a miraculous revival. That would obviously be the best outcome all round

That would be marvellous. I'm struggling to see it, but my god, how great would it be?

It's difficult to overstate how much DF's reign has rekindled my love for NCFC and football. And he just seems like such a good guy. I would like nothing more than for him to turn this around.

2 hours ago, sonyc said:

And yet he is correct isn't he?

People want to find blame anywhere as soon as things start to go wrong. Yet all is well when life is okay. If he goes or rather when he goes (all things end) most folk will remember him as an intelligent and decent bloke. One of the best.

Would love him now to be able somehow to get a result or two or three from our next 4 games.

So would I, I don’t think we’d get anyone better in to be honest, we’re not likely to get a Ranieri type manager to sort us out! More likely a not yet heard off up and coming manager with not much high level experience.

By the way what a refreshing change to see the correct term of okay, rather than the Americanism of OK, which means “Oll Korrect” I hate it’s use in general texts.

• Like 1