Big Vince

Why No Announcement?

14 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It never ceases to amaze me how people are so certain about something that hasn't happened.  Who would have thought Emma Raducanu would win the US open?  Football is even more of a roller coaster than most other sports - fortunes of players/teams can change just like that.  Who knows, that 7-0 may have caused the squad to dig deep in their resolve to not let that happen again and use it as something to build from.  Fans think they know best.

They don't.

The facts Lakey -

1. No wins this season

2. Minus 21% goal difference

3. None of the players bought in having any real impact and definitely not getting better

4.10.8% win rate for this and the last season in the top flight

5. One goal from open play

6. Lost by 7 last game in a manner drawing deep criticism from professional commentators

7. Worst points now than Derby in the worst season ever

We might not know exactly what will happen in the future but the past shows it's going to take a hell of a change to give us the slightest chance of staying up. Its a trait of our owners to dither and wait until all semblance of team spirit and unity has gone.. this week's lack of action or commentary from the board is exactly what is expected. You seriously think losing 7 nil, and rock bottom will help spirit...ok!

Unfortunately, I think you will defend any shambolic performance or season.

1 minute ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Unfortunately, I think you will defend any shambolic performance or season.

I can see that any more no-show performances like Saturday will put Farke in an almost untenable position, but if we have a performance like against Brighton, the 7-0 might be seen in a less severe context and if games after that carry on those better performances, then it may just be that we start to see light at the end of the tunnel. 

Imo the way the team set up against Chelsea was too optimistic - Farke and the players plainly thought they could attack Chelsea and in their efforts to do so, just left themselves wide open and In retrospect, they should have just kept a good defensive shape.

As always, it depends on how they react, how much they learn from the experience and respond to it in the best way - with new resolve and discipline in keeping things tight at the back - which is what the 352 is supposed to do.  

The situation is difficult, but it is - as always - up to the team to prove themselves up to the task. 

12 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I can see that any more no-show performances like Saturday will put Farke in an almost untenable position, but if we have a performance like against Brighton, the 7-0 might be seen in a less severe context and if games after that carry on those better performances, then it may just be that we start to see light at the end of the tunnel. 

Imo the way the team set up against Chelsea was too optimistic - Farke and the players plainly thought they could attack Chelsea and in their efforts to do so, just left themselves wide open and In retrospect, they should have just kept a good defensive shape.

As always, it depends on how they react, how much they learn from the experience and respond to it in the best way - with new resolve and discipline in keeping things tight at the back - which is what the 352 is supposed to do.  

The situation is difficult, but it is - as always - up to the team to prove themselves up to the task. 

What team would you go for Lakey to save Daniel’s job? 

Lake makes some good points but it's his "light at the end of the tunnel" line that warrants a look.  So is the "light" ending up 1 point above the drop zone and we all celebrate?  That's not light but merely a lighter shade of dark.  So I'm going to ask Lake what is the light?  

35 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Can I have two of whatever you’re taking !

6 hours ago, Big Vince said:

Tis now more than 72 hours post-Chelsea yet no heads are rolling. No scaffold erected either at Carrow Road or Colney. Nothing.

Could you ever imagine Deadly Doug taking this long to call in the executioner?

Complete and utter dereliction of duty.

The board are wilfully going for relegation as a matter of choice.

Is obvious and matches past form completely.

Worst owners and worst board of all-time. Allow the club badge to be dragged through the mud. Allow the club to become a global laughing stock. Yet do nothing and are seen to do nothing. Not even a dreaded vote of confidence. Nothing. Not a whimper.

Don’t worry even if we get relegated we won’t be playing your lot next season. You can continue to look forward to your games against Fleetwood.

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

What team would you go for Lakey to save Daniel’s job? 

4321 reverting to 451 when needed

Krul

Aarons    Hanley    Kabak    Williams

Sorensen Normann Giannoulis 

Cantwell        Tzolis

Pukki

• Like 1

I don't know why you people continually go after Lakey. I get Lakey and he talks a lot of sense. He defends his point of view eloquently and patiently. He also doesn't hide for months and then suddenly appear when he has an agenda.

As for no announcement, if we lose on Sunday  I expect there will be one after the game or on Monday.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

They want to be concentrating on making our Premier League status sustainable….cups? CUPS? WE WANT TO BE WINNING CUPS NOT RECYCLING THEM! 

Or something. I imagine. 

This fan teamwork thing seems to be going well.

As long as the sustainable cup can't be passed down through the generations. Perhaps the plan is that it will be donated to the trophy cabinet along with a personalised wooden spoon?

1 minute ago, essex canary said:

This fan teamwork thing seems to be going well.

As long as the sustainable cup can't be passed down through the generations. Perhaps the plan is that it will be donated to the trophy cabinet along with a personalised wooden spoon?

You’re the biggest spoon around here, pal.

Always trying to stir **** and not very sharp. 

1 minute ago, Duncan Edwards said:

You’re the biggest spoon around here, pal.

Always trying to stir **** and not very sharp. 

Are spoons meant to be sharp?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

4321 reverting to 451 when needed

Krul

Aarons    Hanley    Kabak    Williams

Sorensen Normann Giannoulis 

Cantwell        Tzolis

Pukki

I wouldn’t play Williams and Giannoulis but otherwise it’s very acceptable. 

Just now, essex canary said:

Are spoons meant to be sharp?

Perfect example.

No spoons aren’t meant to be sharp. Which is why you are like one, because, as your response shows, neither are you. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

I wouldn’t play Williams and Giannoulis but otherwise it’s very acceptable. 

My reasoning is that Giannoulis is excellent going forwards and he can help defend the left hand side too. It's defensive with  the opportunity to get forwards sometimes.

56 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

My reasoning is that Giannoulis is excellent going forwards and he can help defend the left hand side too. It's defensive with  the opportunity to get forwards sometimes.

Well let’s hope your right, Norwich get the win and all the doubters (me included) form a queue to kiss your ageing saggy ****. Hopefully you see that as a compliment as intended. 

13 hours ago, lake district canary said:

That's because they are getting on with the job and not panicking......nor pandering to people like you who have an agenda. 

The supporters ARE the club, without them NO club! Nobody is pandering to any agenda! The only agenda are the quite shocking stats of a very very poor manager in the premiership who’s shambolic drivel in the media today is disgraceful.

9 hours ago, lake district canary said:

For the sake of clarity, are you actually saying that in the event of another poor performance and defeat on Sunday then time should be up for DF?  

9 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I don't know why you people continually go after Lakey. I get Lakey and he talks a lot of sense. He defends his point of view eloquently and patiently. He also doesn't hide for months and then suddenly appear when he has an agenda.

As for no announcement, if we lose on Sunday  I expect there will be one after the game or on Monday.

Unfortunately some can't wait that long because they need the drama in their lives.

I had a dream last night that in the not to distant future Norwich City were being run by Tom Smith and Neil Adams. I  woke up in a cold sweat but i am sure Lakey would approve of that nightmare scenario.

7 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I had a dream last night that in the not to distant future Norwich City were being run by Tom Smith and Neil Adams. I  woke up in a cold sweat but i am sure Lakey would approve of that nightmare scenario.

👍😛 

See no reason why Tom Smith could not maintain the good running of the club and keeping the self-sustaining model going for years to come and Adams a good sporting director.  Both are currently in the right situations in getting experience for those positions, should the situation arise. 

Building from within is not a bad thing for any football club, if it can be done well.  It makes me wonder if one of the coaches behind the scenes is earmarked for Farke's position, should he leave (I hope he doesn't).

13 hours ago, lake district canary said:

You obviously don't follow this forum very much. He - or his made up character - is so far stuck in the past and pining for the Chase era, it is unbelievable.  His agenda is to wind people up, either because he believes what he writes, or more likely, enjoys watching people squirm when he writes his negative stuff about the majority shareholders, which he does every time he posts, whether we are doing well or not. He is consistent - on a simpleton level - I'll give him that, but his passion is more for enjoyment in being a disruptive character than for the club.

Maybe that’s just his belief? I mean our most successful period in our history was under the stewardship of chase after all. If you feel he’s just a joker then why reply in the first place. Don’t feed the trolls after all. I think yes he enjoys to stir the pot but ultimately wants what’s best in his own opinion. Some people tend to get their goat up because it doesn’t align with their views. 

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

👍😛 

See no reason why Tom Smith could not maintain the good running of the club and keeping the self-sustaining model going for years to come and Adams a good sporting director.  Both are currently in the right situations in getting experience for those positions, should the situation arise. 

Building from within is not a bad thing for any football club, if it can be done well.  It makes me wonder if one of the coaches behind the scenes is earmarked for Farke's position, should he leave (I hope he doesn't).

Never saw a reply like that coming.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Maybe that’s just his belief? I mean our most successful period in our history was under the stewardship of chase after all. If you feel he’s just a joker then why reply in the first place. Don’t feed the trolls after all. I think yes he enjoys to stir the pot but ultimately wants what’s best in his own opinion. Some people tend to get their goat up because it doesn’t align with their views. 

No, actually, he's quite entertaining with it, well constructed character, with just the right amount of believability to him to suck some people in. A bit like that well known scouting character that drives - or used to drive - a Qashqai...........

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Tom Smith maybe a nightmare but why Neil Adams? Adams took over the reigns in impossible circumstances and got a 0-0 draw at Chelsea albeit we needed to win. The next season he was on the fringe of the play off positions whilst I suspect McNally was perhaps less than supportive. In his playing career Adams was an attacking player with a far better idea than most as to how to maximise dead ball situations. Therefore far superior to these right back types. If you want one of those why not opt for Ian Culverhouse, the best right back we ever had.

18 hours ago, Big Vince said:

Tis now more than 72 hours post-Chelsea yet no heads are rolling. No scaffold erected either at Carrow Road or Colney. Nothing.

Could you ever imagine Deadly Doug taking this long to call in the executioner?

Complete and utter dereliction of duty.

The board are wilfully going for relegation as a matter of choice.

Is obvious and matches past form completely.

Worst owners and worst board of all-time. Allow the club badge to be dragged through the mud. Allow the club to become a global laughing stock. Yet do nothing and are seen to do nothing. Not even a dreaded vote of confidence. Nothing. Not a whimper.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/basics/catastrophizing

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

👍😛 

Christ, if someone murdered your entire family you'd manage to find some way to put a positive spin on it.

"Well, that's the food bills down I guess!"

21 hours ago, lake district canary said:

It never ceases to amaze me how people are so certain about something that hasn't happened.  Who would have thought Emma Raducanu would win the US open?  Football is even more of a roller coaster than most other sports - fortunes of players/teams can change just like that.  Who knows, that 7-0 may have caused the squad to dig deep in their resolve to not let that happen again and use it as something to build from.  Fans think they know best.

They don't.

I’ve said it once, and I will say it again. fans do matter, they are the lifeblood of NCFC, Smith and her Cohort (as nephew Tom will be) are mere custodians of NCFC, yes they may own more shares, but without the supporters there would be no NCFC. So the fact is LDC, Fans do know best, and the custodians would do well to listen because the majority of those fans are getting restless, for quite obvious reasons.