Big Vince

Why No Announcement?

Tis now more than 72 hours post-Chelsea yet no heads are rolling. No scaffold erected either at Carrow Road or Colney. Nothing.

Could you ever imagine Deadly Doug taking this long to call in the executioner?

Complete and utter dereliction of duty.

The board are wilfully going for relegation as a matter of choice.

Is obvious and matches past form completely.

Worst owners and worst board of all-time. Allow the club badge to be dragged through the mud. Allow the club to become a global laughing stock. Yet do nothing and are seen to do nothing. Not even a dreaded vote of confidence. Nothing. Not a whimper.

I heard Delia mumble something about not announcing anything just to spite some guy called Vig Bince...or something like that.

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

That's because they are getting on with the job and not panicking......nor pandering to people like you who have an agenda. 

Getting on with the job of getting relegated, right?

20 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

That's because they are getting on with the job and not panicking......nor pandering to people like you who have an agenda. 

What job exactly are the board getting on with ?

I’m just curious as to what you all think big Vince’s agenda is? I mean it’s obvious he’s a passionate fan like we all are sure his opinions may differ from yours but does that really mean he has an agenda? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

They just made one..

They want to be concentrating on making our Premier League status sustainable….cups? CUPS? WE WANT TO BE WINNING CUPS NOT RECYCLING THEM! 

Or something. I imagine. 

Edited by Duncan Edwards
  • Haha 1

Unfortunately for Farke, and the Club, this is not going to go away.

We might win a few games but we will lose a lot more than we will win.

And every time we lose there will be questions about his ability to do his job.

By doing nothing now, they are only putting off the inevitable and, if and when they do decide to get rid, it will be too late and the only hope we have of survival will be gone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I’m just curious as to what you all think big Vince’s agenda is? I mean it’s obvious he’s a passionate fan like we all are sure his opinions may differ from yours but does that really mean he has an agenda? 

You obviously don't follow this forum very much. He - or his made up character - is so far stuck in the past and pining for the Chase era, it is unbelievable.  His agenda is to wind people up, either because he believes what he writes, or more likely, enjoys watching people squirm when he writes his negative stuff about the majority shareholders, which he does every time he posts, whether we are doing well or not. He is consistent - on a simpleton level - I'll give him that, but his passion is more for enjoyment in being a disruptive character than for the club.

• Like 3

Why on earth should there have been an announcement?  Do you expect one after every win, defeat, draw?  Just because some people are having a tantrum and trying to cash in on unrest after a heavy defeat, doesn’t mean they have to play ‘ball’.  I’d much prefer they got on and concentrated on getting some positive results.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

The Board always wait until it gets ugly and the chants are directed at them 

if we lose Heavy against Leeds and the chants of you dont know what you are doing and Delia this and that then they will act 

Worthy , A Neil ,Hughton , they all had to stand there and go through it Farke does not deserve it 

it almost seems like the Fans have to  tell them when to sack the manager 

There may have been a decision but nothing to announce yet. Lose against Leeds and he's out, but it would be very unfair to announce that before the game. Defeat against Chelsea was always likely so this is one last chance to turn it round.

Neither have we heard the dreaded 'vote of confidence', which is pretty significant. It's a matter of when not if imo.

• Like 1

Gunn didn’t go until after the following game.. a win if I remember. Having said that I do believe the board will stick with Farke because they are achieving what they think is suitable for the club, either PL or parachute money coming in to pay the bills so we don’t have to sell players cheaply.  Anyone holding their breath for some kind of action best have very deep lungs.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Son Ova Gunn said:

Gunn didn’t go until after the following game.. a win if I remember. Having said that I do believe the board will stick with Farke because they are achieving what they think is suitable for the club, either PL or parachute money coming in to pay the bills so we don’t have to sell players cheaply.  Anyone holding their breath for some kind of action best have very deep lungs.

I agree.

Lest we forget, Webber said DF has the job as long as he wants it. And he tends not to say things flippantly.

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

The Board always wait until it gets ugly and the chants are directed at them 

if we lose Heavy against Leeds and the chants of you dont know what you are doing and Delia this and that then they will act 

Worthy , A Neil ,Hughton , they all had to stand there and go through it Farke does not deserve it 

it almost seems like the Fans have to  tell them when to sack the manager 

Worthy did not deserve it either, nor Hughton, nor Alex Neil. All three of those managers could have done a job had they carried on - Worthy could have turned things around given time, Hughton was the ideal candidate to ge us promoted that following season, Neil a good candidate to rebuild the squad when it was clear that was the next step.  So too with Farke.  A good manager to have for next season if we are relegated.  Yes, this season has gone sour (so far), but sticking with it and riding the storm is imo never more so important, as to lose Farke - as I said in another thread - is like opening a can of worms - it will only go bad for us, as it did with Huddersfield. 

I agree it means a leap of faith, something people don't seem to like, but if Farke can somehow ride this storm and get the team functioning, then that is far better - imo - than getting rid. 

Must admit (and it still might happen before Sunday), I was expecting some mealy mouthed platitudes full of PR spin along the lines of................

'we feel your pain', 'Stuart, Michael and I were disappointed with the result v Chelsea and feel sorry for the travelling fans', 'we are fans of the club too', 'we are working day and night to support Daniel'.    

Thank God there has been no vote of confidence because unlike other clubs that would truly represent the Board (sorry Smiths) circling their wagons!

IF the natives do give full vent to their feelings in the event of a TENTH match this league season without any goals (save the two earlier from Pukki) on Sunday and vocal displeasure is hurled at Farke's direction and / or the Board, then expect a full blooded onslaught from The Cook on Monday. You know the sort of thing................................

'How dare you, how dare you' (straight out of the Greta Thunberg library of speeches), 'you're not real fans', 'how ungrateful you are' etc. etc.   

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Worthy did not deserve it either, nor Hughton, nor Alex Neil. All three of those managers could have done a job had they carried on - Worthy could have turned things around given time, Hughton was the ideal candidate to ge us promoted that following season, Neil a good candidate to rebuild the squad when it was clear that was the next step.  So too with Farke.  A good manager to have for next season if we are relegated.  Yes, this season has gone sour (so far), but sticking with it and riding the storm is imo never more so important, as to lose Farke - as I said in another thread - is like opening a can of worms - it will only go bad for us, as it did with Huddersfield. 

I agree it means a leap of faith, something people don't seem to like, but if Farke can somehow ride this storm and get the team functioning, then that is far better - imo - than getting rid. 

Sorry LDC That sounded like those managers deserved it which none of them did but my point was the Board could have acted earlier  

sometimes when things are Broken you can not fix them and they need replacing 

i dont think those managers could of turned it around it was to bad same with Farke 

7 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Quite why people castigate Big Vince as a 'wind up merchant' when the majority of what he says is uncomfortably bang on the money never ceases to amaze me. I always wonder whether you are just on a mission to wind up as many Yellows as you can. Even by your peculiar standards this post must rank as your most provocative and worst and that really is saying something!    

6 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Quite why people castigate Big Vince as a 'wind up merchant' when the majority of what he says is uncomfortably bang on the money never ceases to amaze me. I always wonder whether you are just on a mission to wind up as many Yellows as you can. Even by your peculiar standards this post must rank as your most provocative and worst and that really is saying something!    

What on earth is provocative about wanting someone to succeed? 

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

The provocative thing is who you're betting on to succeed.  I guess that makes you provocative.

7 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

it is like putting me on a derby horse and me whipping it and everyone willing me to win but it would never happen 

Edited by norfolkngood

3 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:
9 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

it is like putting me on a derby horse and me whipping it and everyone willing me to win but it would never happen 

It never ceases to amaze me how people are so certain about something that hasn't happened.  Who would have thought Emma Raducanu would win the US open?  Football is even more of a roller coaster than most other sports - fortunes of players/teams can change just like that.  Who knows, that 7-0 may have caused the squad to dig deep in their resolve to not let that happen again and use it as something to build from.  Fans think they know best.

They don't.

42 minutes ago, Son Ova Gunn said:

Pink Un boys feel there’s already succession planning in place and Webber will take action if results don’t improve which would see rather sensible given its a results driven business…

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It never ceases to amaze me how people are so certain about something that hasn't happened.  Who would have thought Emma Raducanu would win the US open?  Football is even more of a roller coaster than most other sports - fortunes of players/teams can change just like that.  Who knows, that 7-0 may have caused the squad to dig deep in their resolve to not let that happen again and use it as something to build from.  Fans think they know best.

They don't.

No but its like you saying you thought those managers could turn it around and Farke can get us back up if we go down it is all unknown 

40 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

For someone that has such an enormous amount of faith in Webber and the board, it sounds like you are unwilling to grant them a leap of faith to appoint a manager better suited to PL survival? The other possibilities are that Farke is the best Norwich could attract (which shows little faith in the club itself) or Farke can start to do something he has had plenty of time to do and has never managed which is to consistently pick up results in the PL, which isn’t faith it’s blind optimism.

26 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

They don't.

7-0. Well all the other defeats didnt rouse them.

All fans hope we can get a result against Leeds and I suspect turn things around from.this horrid start.

If they dont dig deep and its another turgid display, should we just keep looking to the game after? It cant continue with indefinite hope