Sign in to follow this  
Mello Yello

NCISA Meeting Thursday March 2nd St Andrews Hall.

Rossi, why don''t you do what Winston Churchill used to do. Practice what you want to say in the mirror before you even comment to anyone. You might not sound so much like a Norfolk Dumpling then.

My comments had nothing to do with any selfish interest on my part and, if you had read enough posts from me, you would know that my input, whether appreciated by others or not, is always in support of an approach that will better NCFC and, hopefully, add some interest on to this message board.

So, why do I think your comments are those of a fathead? Because after you go to great length to elaborate on all your personal methods of individual protest as basically failing, you follow that with a positive decision to become a member of NCISA but then, in the next breath, say if Barry Skipper had not made his recent remarks you may not even have attended the meeting arranged by NCISA. How fickle is that? What Skipper had to say is just another irritant compounding what has been transpiring over the past 18 months. You follow that up by suggesting that I was hinting that the efforts of the NCISA are amateurish. I neither said nor hinted anything of the kind, WHERAS YOU actually stated that you think they may be amateurish.

My interest is not selfish and my comments were not made so that I can have the satisfaction of listening in sitting in front of my PC. They were made because the technology exists to more effectively broaden the output of the meeting to the larger fan base who will not be sat in the meeting hall. This may give many more people the opportunity to listen to the stated views ( in context ) of the meeting participants, and help persuade greater support to bring pressure to bear on the club. I''m sure Kathy is a very nice lady. I''m sure the people involved with NCISA are very nice people. But if the objective is to make one''s association more effective and galvanise very broad support for a position you believe in, it is necessary to be OPEN to suggestions on how best to do that. Calling the meeting is a good step but no need to stop there. Another poster suggested an efficient way to get the meeting broader exposure. Almost at the same time as Kathy was saying that could not be done, one of this message board''s moderators was suggesting they may be able to help in that regard. Again, I did not say or hint that NCISA is amateurish. I said the forces outside of the club need to be more open to change how they go about things to optimise effectiveness.

So, in summary Rossi, I suggest you try exposing your head outside of the county line once in a while. It may help you become a little more worldly.

Yankee,

I am both honoured and amused by your reply, it''s hardly a surprise to receive some friendly fire hey yankee!

Oh, Yankee, why don''t you come over for the - the technology exists!

I dont think I actually said sound recording couldnt be done. I said we will do our best to arrange it if possible. And I am not always a very nice lady.

Kathy:
As someone who will be busting a gut to try and get the meeting tonight, from London via Cambridgeshire, what will NCISA be doing if a larger number turn up than can safely be accommodated in St Andrew''s Hall?  I assumed that the Hall could take around 1,500 but I have seen someone mention 600. I am desperately keen to get there tonight, but not to find that I cannot get in!  I recognise that a huge turnout may not happen - although I hope it will - but I just wanted to check NCISA''s contingency plans. 

Thanks.  [:)]

At the risk of getting told off by Yankee, I have to say that we dont have such a plan. I think it unlikely in the extreme that the hall will be full especially if it snows. Even during the Chase demonstrations of the mid nineties we didnt fill the hall. I think 600 is the seating capacity so you would still be able to stand round the edges if this did happen. I would be over the moon if the hall was full but I am not expecting it to happen.

[quote user="Kathy Blake"]At the risk of getting told off by Yankee, I have to say that we dont have such a plan. I think it unlikely in the extreme that the hall will be full especially if it snows. Even during the Chase demonstrations of the mid nineties we didnt fill the hall. I think 600 is the seating capacity so you would still be able to stand round the edges if this did happen. I would be over the moon if the hall was full but I am not expecting it to happen.[/quote]

I agree Kathy, the sorts of people who will attend this meeting are the die hards, and even many of them will be unable to attend for one reason or another.

kathy,

are you trying to tell me that the NCISA have not thought about gaining revenue through pre-bookable seats, in-conference snacks, dvd recordings of the evening, worthington in/out scratchcards and ''guess how many sweets in the jar'' competitions. Oh dear, oh dear oh dear, what on earth will yankee canary say now?