Sign in to follow this  
Mello Yello

NCISA Meeting Thursday March 2nd St Andrews Hall.

I''m going along to the meeting - more out of curiosity than anything else. Will it just be a case of preaching to the converted? What will actually be achieved by the meeting? I wonder if any of the NCFC board will attend? Will this meeting alter anything? Will the local media be there; Richard Balls, Rick Waghorn etc.How about BBC''s Look East''s Mike Liggins and Anglia''s Kevin Piper?

Those, (including myself) who feel that the manager/coaches has peaked and a change is required will, no doubt - just agree with the majority of points raised at said meeting. Maybe, if a more balanced audience, with those who think that we should retain our current manager and coaching staff should also attend, to state their reasons to stick with what we have.......and being allowed to state their case without a vocal barraking!

I''m sure the current role and attitude of the NCFC board and Mr Doncaster will be on the agenda. I would certainly like Neil and Joe Ferrari (the club media representative) to attend - without being subjected to an uncivilised berating.....But, for them and others to listen in - on what the fan''s have to say regarding the present situation. I sincerely hope that both sides reasons and opinions are discussed.....Oh well, roll on March 2nd.....OTBC ;~)     

How about red & green stickers distributed on entry? Red for out, Green for retain? Nah, on second thoughts -perhaps not!

Hi Mello

I too, God and a fast car willing, will be there on the 2nd.  Have to go away for a bit and hoping to make it back to Norwich that evening for the meeting!!  No hold ups please on the A11 [:D]

Hope to meet up with you Mello, I already know of quite a few people who will be going, I don''t know if the club will send anyone to represent them - surely they will monitor the proceedings.  As for press, who knows who will turn up? 

As for Ferrari and Doncaster.... I attended the Official NCFC messageboard social meeting at CR on Friday evening and spoke, at length, with Mr Doncaster for over 2 hours.  Without going into detail, you can rest assured he is aware of the feelings of supporters at the moment.  Credit to him, and also Ferrari for taking time to listen to us.  Not many fans turned up, but we all had to agree it was a worthwhile evening and the club did do all they could to make themselves available.  Have I changed my mind because of said meeting?  No, but on reflection, we do have a Chief Exec who took a lot of time trying to persuade me (and a few others) that Nigel should stay.

I shall be very interested to hear what everyone has to say at St Andrew''s Hall.   Anyone else on here going?

I feel bad for the guy now. He''s going to have to sit in a room and get asked a bunch of silly questions about why the players dont play in a certain way, why he doesnt field so and so, why x is out of position all the time. Stuff so underling from the press department would be better off handling.

Basically, he''s not going to be treated very professionally.

[quote user="Russ Feld"]

I feel bad for the guy now. He''s going to have to sit in a room and get asked a bunch of silly questions about why the players dont play in a certain way, why he doesnt field so and so, why x is out of position all the time. Stuff so underling from the press department would be better off handling.

Basically, he''s not going to be treated very professionally.

[/quote]

If he''d done his job this season then he wouldn''t have to.

Sadly not; will be ensconced in sunny Bradford for the week so will not be able to attend so a full report afterwards would be appreciated.

I agree gazza;  some of the clubs public statements have been poor in their content and timing but the one person who has come out well for me is the cheif exec who has made himself available, listens and puts his view and for that he deserves some plaudits; he could easily hide behind the press team but choses not to.  

for the first time i have to disagree ZLF.......IMO the more Donkeystar makes himself available the less people feel inclined to go to meetings like the one posted on here at St Andrews Wotsit. The club go on whilstlestop tours to keep the wider canary audience in touch some would say, but it definately keeps the groups apart when it comes down to the nitty gritty. Secondly, the performance of our Chief Exec was nothing short of shambolic over the whole Ashton thingy. In fact ASHTONGATE as i call it would have led IMO to a very severe rap over the knuckles from the powers that be over that and some rapid bum licking was definately required. (Please note i am not infering anything about the private life of our chief exec.)

I think that you''ll find that his job description has in big large letters at the top "Communications" Lastly, to hide behind Joe Ferrari would be rather foolish for him when you look at some of the manure that''s been trotted out through the press via his office, unless of course they dont listen to his advice.....that would be a different story

[quote user="ROSSI 46"]

I may well be having a blonde moment, but WTF is Russ going on about, anyone?

[/quote]

Yeah I thought that as well. I think he seems to think that Worthy will be there. Can''t see Roy Blower answering many questions.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]I agree gazza;  some of the clubs public statements have been poor in their content and timing but the one person who has come out well for me is the cheif exec who has made himself available, listens and puts his view and for that he deserves some plaudits; he could easily hide behind the press team but choses not to.  [/quote]I agree with that, I used to think he''s just another puppet for the board. he makes himself available and anyone who wishes to express an opinion to him he will answer. It may not be the answer we all want to hear, but at least you are able to speak with somone in a high position at the club.He''s answered all my points I have ever put to him and some are not even in agreement with the boards standing.Well done Neil

I must have misunderstood it then. "fans are calling for a meeting to discuss Worthington" made me think they''re asking for a sit down with him to talk about the situation. Otherwise it sounds fairly tame and ordinary.

I''m not sure whether I will be going to this one or not.

I''m not a big fan of the ISA mainly because of their leader Mr Blower. He has in the past, come out with some strange statements and also makes out that they represent the majority of us fans yet last time I asked at a fans forum they told me they had only a few hundred active members. They only seem to average about 150 - 200 at their fans forums, more sometimes depending of course on which footballers are attending.

Also, us fans can talk all night about whats wrong with the club and what we need to do to make it better, which would only take 2 secs and 2 words, Worthy Out. As its a meeting called by the ISA and not NCFC, I suspect there will be no-one from the club attending officially, so our thoughts will be merely passed on, which we can do by email, message boards and face to face with the board.

Sorry if I''m being negative but Mr Blower as chairperson doesnt inspire me, no offence intended!

P.S. Maybe its time to promote Kathy who says it, as we see it and doesnt pussy foot around with her words.

Well, if I can leave work in London early that day in order to get the train back to Cambridgeshire and then drive 75 miles to the meeting - and probably end up getting home after midnight - then I think some of you ''locals'' could put in a bit more effort !!  [:)] 

Like some others, I don''t necessarily agree with everything that Mr Blower and the ISA says, BUT

1. at least they''ve given everyone a chance (in principle) to have their say by setting up the meeting, and

2. the prospect of the meeting turning out to be a damp squib through lack of attendance fills me with dismay!! 

What''s needed is a turn-out in force.  There could be nothing better than the press reporting that some 1,500 to 2,000 fans turned up to express their concern about what''s happening at the Club, and showing solidarity with what we are all trying to achieve... a new management team.

Just turn up - !!! PLEASE !!! - for the sake of  NCFC.  [:D]

Hi City Angel

Whatever you views on the Chairperson of an organisation, it''s surely credible of both themselves and that group to put on such a meeting, given a lot of fans don''t want to publically confront the board, Doncaster etc at a club forum.  You have done it, to your credit, me too in the past, but not everyone wants to. 

It will be a good chance for all supporters, whether for or against the present management, to discuss the best ways forward.  I don''t know what Roy Blower''s personal opinions are, nor those of his committee, but I know what mine are and it''s a chance to put them forward. 

Mr Doncaster recently gave me the chance to speak to him, which I took up and I learnt a lot.  He hasn''t changed my mind, but I have to give respect to him and the others on that night for listening to us all. 

I would expect that after the meeting Mr Blower will report back in person to the club during one of the Consultative meetings they hold. I have no doubt the club will be interested in what''s said.

Despite a few wins, the underlying problems still remain and it may take a few evenings such as March 2nd, before the club are fully aware that more than  a few of us are worried and unhappy at how this season, and the club as a whole, is progressing.

Hopefully he''ll have the decency to resign tonight Kathy, then the meeting might not be neccessary.

Sadly Worthy and his fantastic team of Livermore and Foley will hang on until they are sacked.  I feel sorry for the supporters who paid £30 to watch us today.  This result will certainly increase the attendance on Thursday and we should get a good turnout from the Worthy supporters.

I don''t feel sorry for the away fans. When you travel and pay you accept what you get. The only beneficiary of 1500 City fans is Crystal Palace and their p*ss taking fans.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

can i just check the start time of the meeting.. is it 7:30????

jas :)

[/quote]

The meeting is 7.30 for 8. More details on www.ncisa.co.uk . I have written a bit about it in the NCISA Pinkun column too if you are interested.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]Agenda? How about a group of like minded people uncontested and pushing against an open door. What is the point of this love in.[/quote]

I''m not really sure of the purpose of this meeting either.  I can''t go as I live 150+ miles away, but I''m not sure I would even if I lived round the corner from it - it sounds like it will be a lot of preaching to the converted.  I mean, is anyone who supports Worthy et al going to turn up just to get torn to shreds? I doubt it. 

My biggest fear is that, unless the people running it are careful, it will just end up as a free-for-all slagging off of just about anyone and everyone connected with the club, which could do much more harm than good.  To me, the Club itself is not particularly poorly run, certainly when you consider how things were in the mid-90s.  OK, most seem to agree that we may have the wrong manager at the moment, but is there really any need to have a huge meeting to determine this?

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]Agenda? How about a group of like minded people uncontested and pushing against an open door. What is the point of this love in.[/quote]

I''m not really sure of the purpose of this meeting either.  I can''t go as I live 150+ miles away, but I''m not sure I would even if I lived round the corner from it - it sounds like it will be a lot of preaching to the converted.  I mean, is anyone who supports Worthy et al going to turn up just to get torn to shreds? I doubt it. 

My biggest fear is that, unless the people running it are careful, it will just end up as a free-for-all slagging off of just about anyone and everyone connected with the club, which could do much more harm than good.  To me, the Club itself is not particularly poorly run, certainly when you consider how things were in the mid-90s.  OK, most seem to agree that we may have the wrong manager at the moment, but is there really any need to have a huge meeting to determine this?

[/quote]

I think it is just another way of telling the board that people are seriously worried about the dull one in charge...  christ no more flicks and tricks Branston!!!  or your out of the team....

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[/quote]this meeting is simply another reflection of like minded fans meeting in order to find a common voice to express their view of the current situation at carra rd.  the board have had their say - its time for the fans to do likewise.