sgncfc

Team for Leeds

This is big game for DF.  Had we not been hammered at Chelsea, I would have expected him to go to 4 2 3 1.  Because we were given a pasting I suspect he will be more cautious.  
I would like to see;

Krul

Aarons, Hanley, Kabak, Gianoullis

Norman PLM

Rashica, Gilmour, Tzolis

Pukki

I am expecting 

Krul

Omo Hanley Kabak

Aarons McLean Normann Gianoullis

Gilmour

Pukki Sargent

31 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

This but dump the Scottish pair for Sorenson and Omo.

I think Mclean is interchangeable but Hanley has comfortably been our best CB this season (with the stats to back that up too, he's actually our second highest rated player this season below Normann).

Kabak is the next closest, but neither him or Gibson are even close to the amount of Aerial's Hanley wins, and we can't afford to lose that when we have fullbacks who don't win much in the air and if we lose Mclean from midfield, midfielders who also don't win much in the air.

On 26/10/2021 at 14:09, Jim Smith said:

I agree with that except maybe Rashica for Todd  if he’s not considered ready yet 

Just a question, reckon any of those 11 selected last saturday are ready yet?   

People are still picking McLean? The most obviously out of his depth regular we have. He is so bad.

Krul

Aarons 

Hanley

Oma

Giann 

Normann

Gilmour

Tzolis

Cantwell/Dowell

Rashica

Pukki

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

People are still picking McLean? The most obviously out of his depth regular we have. He is so bad.

Krul

Aarons 

Hanley

Oma

Giann 

Normann

Gilmour

Tzolis

Cantwell/Dowell

Rashica

Pukki

I'd go with that but I'd put Kabak in over Omobamidele. 

• Like 1

Going to revise mine as Cantwell not available -

Krul

Aarons    Hanley    Kabak    Williams

Sorensen Normann Giannoulis 

Gilmour      Tzolis 

Pukki

On 28/10/2021 at 11:27, Move Klose said:

I'd go with that but I'd put Kabak in over Omobamidele. 

For the life of me I cannot get what Sorensen isn't involved. I think he would be great alongside Normann. This team though would be good to see. Omo has been our best defender at times yet gets dropped. I reckon he and Sergeant will be on bench together with Kenny, plm and idah. Sorensen left out altogether

Krul

Aaron's Kabak Hanley Giannoulis

Normann Gilmour

Rashida Dowell Tsolis

Pukki

On 27/10/2021 at 15:29, Costessey Posse said:

I'd be happy with this, swapping Gilmour for Cantwell if it's not working going forward

lineup.png

I would be happy to see this

Krul 

Aarons, kabak, Hanley, Gianoullis 

Lees Melou, Normann 

Rashica, Dowell, Cantwell

Pukki

3 minutes ago, Haus said:

Krul 

Aarons, kabak, Hanley, Gianoullis 

Lees Melou, Normann 

Rashica, Dowell, Cantwell

Pukki

This would be my line up, but Tzolis for Cantwell

Although I suspect farke will stick with 3 at the back 

Edited by Samwam27
  • Like 1

I think that we need to remember that we lost loads of Premier games at the end of last season using 4231 - I think that the view was that it leads us too open at this level.

I think that 433 was one of the formations that was envisaged this season and would like to see it utilised at home against a team where we should (theoretically) have a chance of getting a result.

I know Sargent is the new figure of disdain but I think his energy and strength will be useful against Leeds and would retain him, but in a right sided role that he has played before, with Rashica on the left, behind Pukki. Possibly Gilmour for McLean, although his energy would be a miss. and definitely Williams for Giannoulis - he's really promising going forwards but needs to sort himself out defensively in my book before he can be relied upon in a 4 at the back.

I can't see how, after a 7-0 humiliation only one change can be made (AO for Gibson). If DF does go ahead with it, I can't see him sticking around long. Players have got to be culpable too. I understand that 4-2-3-1 leaves us open and 4-3-3 just hasn't worked yet this season. But when buying these 'exciting' talents in surely now is the time to see what they may be able to change! I would like to see 4-2-3-1 and go after them......why should we match up, let other teams match us up! At the moment sleep walking out of a job and back to the chumps. Time to start playing unless it's hodgson, alladyce et al that will be linked, and that will deffo kill us!