Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Underrated Norwich players?

In order to try and lighten up the mood (worth a try right?) Thought we could have a little discussion on players who we have had in recent years who you think were pretty underrated and were not given as much credit as they probably deserved. I'll start off with just a few to get things started.

Harrison Reed

Mitchell Dijks

Xavi Quintilla

Can't agree with Quintilla who, IMO, can't defend for toffee but could hit a good cross and a very decent corner. However I did think Erik Fuglestad was a useful player in a weaker Norwich side, and Mitchell Dijks was a good shout. Dijks would have provided physicality down a flank, that's for sure.

Srbeny's not a bad shout either. He suffered from not being Pukki in the Championship, and was always fighting an uphill battle after that. He's doing alright in the 2. Bundesliga for Paderborn (where Stiepermann also went).

Pukki. Seriously. His work off the ball and strength and skill on it seem seriously underrated to me. So much more than a finisher. First time I saw him live I couldn't believe how good his all-round game was.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fifty said:

David Fox

Darren Kenton

David Fox was a quality player. Darren Kenton was a very good right back, "you'll never beat the Kenton"

I always felt Pilkington didn't get the respect he deserved.

Crofts as well- limited player but hard worker and did his job fantastically.

• Like 1

Mathias Svensson always thought he had Good control and could finish 

Really was Gutted when we sold Jason Shackell thought he was Great CB 

He was not underrated but I always thought Mcveigh was a wonderful player and is sometimes forgotten about after Hucks arrived.

2 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

He was not underrated but I always thought Mcveigh was a wonderful player and is sometimes forgotten about after Hucks arrived.

I don’t think he was forgotten about. I remember loving him despite his diminutive stature!! 

15 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Pukki. Seriously. His work off the ball and strength and skill on it seem seriously underrated to me. So much more than a finisher. First time I saw him live I couldn't believe how good his all-round game was.

True, however as a goal scorer he is slightly one dimensional. He needs a Buendia to thread him through and, even then, PL defenders seem to have the pace to recover.

I'd like to see him take a leaf out of Jordan Rhodes' book when he's in the box. His positioning/movement was always excellent; he just knew where the ball would land. 

Pukki often tends to drop deep for the cutback, which means there's no one there to attack the ball if it gets played in between the goalkeeper and the defence. Let Cantwell/Rashica/Tzolis/PLM/McLean be around the penalty spot for the cutback.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

Really was Gutted when we sold Jason Shackell thought he was Great CB 

Yes I remember that during the Roeder years. We seemed to sell players in order to raise money for loan signings.