Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Are the players good enough?

On changing the manager, the fundamental question is, irrespective of the manager, are the players good enough to win games and keep the club up. If the answer is 'No' then unless we have a damn good window in January, it really doesnt matter who the manager is. 

If on the other hand, the players are good enough to avoid relegation, and are currently being mismanaged, then changing the manager makes sense.

Who in our squad is genuinely Premier League standard?

I think Krul is good enough. Aarons, possibly Kabak (based on only that Liverpool played him). Gilmour is, but perhaps he is the wrong type of player for us. Normann I thought was but two anonymous performances has me wondering. Im struggling to say who else is definitely good enough to be a Premier League player rather than a good Championship player.

If the players are predominantly championship standard still, as they were last time around - its not unreasonable to say that not much of this is Farke's fault. When given a squad of players suitable for the league he is in, he's won it the last two times.

• Like 1

I think they are, although we are a central midfielder short. They are certainly capable of playing significantly better than they are at the moment. 

The argument that is being made continually  is that no manager can keep us up. So there is no point in changing the manager

therefore , if no manager can do it , then the players aren’t good enough. There isn’t any other conclusion to draw . 

How we end up in a division with a team that isn’t good enough , after winning the championship so easily , and beneath the two teams that came up with us is another question . Selling your best player isn’t a great start. 

• Like 1

Yes i think they are 

they are not playing anywhere like it though 

Are Brentford players so much better than ours ? No they are not but they have been Coached and play as a Team 

i am Sure the real max Aarons could play for most teams but even he is looking nowhere near the standard he has set in the past 

something is seriously wrong somewhere 

i blame Farke we see so many players who rise to the PL test in other teams but farke just can not get that from our squad  

Overall no, the team isn’t good enough but that doesn’t excuse the manager from getting less out of them than they are capable. I don’t think there would be much discontent with a manager  of this team that went down fighting, it would be directed to those above in that case

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

No

Lazy stuff. At least give a rationale as to why they are not capable. It avoids the coaching issue which has to be addressed. I enjoy your reports post game BYW. 

We need a reassessment of our strategy as imo we have over committed to a style of football that looks good but requires Manchester City levels of spending to make it work in the Premier League. 

For a club like ours surely you have to play players who cost £10m+. We must have scouted them well to spend that kind of money and you’d think they are better than the tried and trusted failures at this level. Sunday couldn’t be a bigger match so it’s time to play many of them and time for them to deliver. 

24 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

For a club like ours surely you have to play players who cost £10m+. We must have scouted them well to spend that kind of money and you’d think they are better than the tried and trusted failures at this level. Sunday couldn’t be a bigger match so it’s time to play many of them and time for them to deliver. 

yes that one is very Strange 

for us to spend 8/10 million on players i would say are they going to make us better straight away  for that amount to us you would expect the to be a solid 1st teamer 

Maybe a aging player 31/32 who has been a PL player someone who would have been oven ready for the PL  and knows the league and has experience 

,the big money is not the amount we can spend on someone who might be good enough in a couple of years and not play

8 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

yes that one is very Strange 

for us to spend 8/10 million on players i would say are they going to make us better straight away  for that amount to us you would expect the to be a solid 1st teamer 

Maybe a aging player 31/32 who has been a PL player someone who would have been oven ready for the PL  and knows the league and has experience 

,the big money is not the amount we can spend on someone who might be good enough in a couple of years and not play

This is on Farke again though isn’t it and his “they need time to bed in” crap. Which is just not true with players who have been playing top flight football in decent leagues anf in the case of Tzolis is a full international who has played quite a few times in the Europa League. He just be thinking he’s made a horrendous error signing for us.

As for Sorensen he apparently needs 2 seasons to develop enough to be given a chance in midfield even though we have a sodding great hole there every week.

Although it’s also partly on Webber if we are spending our money on players primarily with a view to resale value rather than what they can contribute now. 

I would sack Webber - way before Farke

Season 1 & 2  for Webber brilliant - since then very poor

Emi - Krull - Pukki = fantastic

All the other signings pretty poor 

Same at Huddersfield to be honest - Webber looks just a 1 trick pony

I would keep Farke, but sack Webber & his crew asap

Edited by Doomcaster