cambridgeshire canary

Russell Martin is in line to become Norwich manager

It would mean pretty much dismantling the whole coaching/development/recruitment system to appease the glory hunters who believe we should bankrupt the club in some futile gesture

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RobJames said:

It would mean pretty much dismantling the whole coaching/development/recruitment system

Think you've missed a memo? 

It's being dismantled whatever, Webber is leaving in a matter of months, and staff who were part of bringing players like Pukki and Emi here have moved on.

We've currently got Neil Adams learning Webber's job if you've not noticed, too.  Instability is guaranteed, so do we act now while we have Webber able to leave us with one parting gift or do we completely destroy team/club moral and nose dive into Championship with worst points tally ever, at the end of the season?

...And then he walks off leaving us in utter dire straights.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 1

Ha ha, not sure what people are expecting, Ancelotti or something 😂. If Farke leaves it will be someone around Martin’s sort of level so nobody should act surprised if this is what transpires or what they help force through inadvertently. Personally I hope Farke manages to turn it around on Sunday, as what matters is results immediately starting the next game, the sooner we start winning the better chance we have of staying in the league - whether we will start winning soon or not remains to be seen, it is looking ominous it must be said, but fingers crossed. As for Russell Martin, have no idea if he’d be good for us or not as he’s not had a chance, so will reserve judgement before laying into the bloke.

• Like 1

So Webber, who it is claimed is the main culprit, should be given the task of replacing everyone ?  No, I did not get any memo. What did it say ?

Just now, RobJames said:

No, I did not get any memo. What did it say ?

As above, it said that Webber will be leaving the club so things will and have been dismantled in the past year already (re: scouting team etc.).

So when you say that the "Glory hunters" are the reasoning for dismantling you're incorrect, and totally oblivious to what is going on at the club it appears?

2 minutes ago, RobJames said:

So Webber, who it is claimed is the main culprit, should be given the task of replacing everyone ? 

Yes, he'd do a far better job than Neil Adams.  Guy has worked wonders here since he was put into place.

Feels like I'm having to feed a baby blended food explaining this.  🤪😂

10 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

As above, it said that Webber will be leaving the club so things will and have been dismantled in the past year already (re: scouting team etc.).

So when you say that the "Glory hunters" are the reasoning for dismantling you're incorrect, and totally oblivious to what is going on at the club it appears?

Yes, he'd do a far better job than Neil Adams.  Guy has worked wonders here since he was put into place.

Feels like I'm having to feed a baby blended food explaining this.  🤪😂

Have another go. Who knows you might get it right. I have made no comment on the viability of Webber. I merely pointed out the contradiction of so many who are moaning about the state we are in, yet wanting the man (who has supposedly been responsible) to sort out the next manager/coaches/recruitment etc. Maybe the person spoon feeding you could help."here comes the choo choo...."

Edited by RobJames

Just now, RobJames said:

Have another go. Who knows you might get it right. I have made no comment on the viability of Webber.

No, you said that the "Glory hunters" are dismantling a club which is already going through a dismantling phase which will be fully realised in Summer.  Third time explaining this now.

Also, I never said you made a comment on the viability of Webber, I said that I prefer him to make decisions over the likes of Neil Adams in reply to your question. Insecure, much?

He will become city manager without doubt, be it soon or in the future. He is qualified, he has worked with at DOF, is a yes man, and fits all the Delia attributes. And she likes him!

38 minutes ago, RobJames said:

It would mean pretty much dismantling the whole coaching/development/recruitment system to appease the glory hunters who believe we should bankrupt the club in some futile gesture

To clarify. Lets have a look at what I actually said. Not what your Babelfish translation is telling you. My thought was that replacing Farke would mean replacing so much more than just him. That is a suggested consequence of a possible action.  A speculation, if you like. You have twisted this into that being an action already ongoing ie the dismantling.

Brilliant, is it Halloween or April fools day? Watford get Ranieri we would get Martin! That would certainly start a wave of Delia out support……..never going to happen. Our next manager will be Enrico Maaßen.

11 minutes ago, RobJames said:

To clarify. Lets have a look at what I actually said. Not what your Babelfish translation is telling you.

You have twisted this into that being an action already ongoing ie the dismantling.

I'm really not prepared or qualified to play host to your mental state.  It would be wrong of me to encourage you further, I'm done.

Edited by Google Bot

Just now, Google Bot said:

I'm really not prepared or qualified to play host to your mental state.  It would be wrong of me to encourage you further.

So I never stated what you claimed. That was just you making up stuff. Meanwhile, here is more of your work

chinglish_hinglish_18.jpg

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

One thing's for sure, we won't know if it's a Delia appointment until it succeeds or fails...

Absolutely her fault if it fails, and by chroisht will she have got lucky if it works. You know the drill Nuttyo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Absolutely her fault if it fails, and by chroisht will she have got lucky if it works. You know the drill Nuttyo.

Nice to see more posters signing from the same hymn sheet 👍

2 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Club hero. Fantastic Captain. Has all the pedigree, and was a central defender so will obviously be able to shore up the defence. Also knows exactly what is required to stay up in the Premier League and is our all-time Premier League record appearance maker. Also scored a few. What's not to like. Wouldn't be surprised if something is already informally agreed between Russell and the club. 

What could possibly go wrong. 

3 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Club hero. Fantastic Captain. Has all the pedigree, and was a central defender so will obviously be able to shore up the defence. Also knows exactly what is required to stay up in the Premier League and is our all-time Premier League record appearance maker. Also scored a few. What's not to like. Wouldn't be surprised if something is already informally agreed between Russell and the club. 

Apparently he celebrated after his team had scored a goal following 55 passes. Quite good if in the 93rd. minute. If earlier on in the game why not score after 5 passes. On that basis I would rather stick with Farke. At the very least Farke represents a better deckchair arrangement on the Titanic and at best Farke has far greater pedigree and is more likely to get us promoted again.

The fact Neil Adams appears to be lined up as Webber's successor, sadly makes this likely to happen at some point.

7 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Apparently he celebrated after his team had scored a goal following 55 passes. Quite good if in the 93rd. minute. If earlier on in the game why not score after 5 passes. On that basis I would rather stick with Farke. At the very least Farke represents a better deckchair arrangement on the Titanic and at best Farke has far greater pedigree and is more likely to get us promoted again.

Ok, Dave Bassett. 

2 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Ha ha, not sure what people are expecting, Ancelotti or something 😂. If Farke leaves it will be someone around Martin’s sort of level so nobody should act surprised if this is what transpires or what they help force through inadvertently. Personally I hope Farke manages to turn it around on Sunday, as what matters is results immediately starting the next game, the sooner we start winning the better chance we have of staying in the league - whether we will start winning soon or not remains to be seen, it is looking ominous it must be said, but fingers crossed. As for Russell Martin, have no idea if he’d be good for us or not as he’s not had a chance, so will reserve judgement before laying into the bloke.

Just for interest, what would a top manager cost?

44 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Well I definitely don't want him then!  Who in their right mind would want a manger who celebrates after his team scores? 

45 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Just so we all know - please could you enlighten us as to the correct number of passes a team should make before they score?

23 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

Not sure exactly, Jedi, but it’s fair to say the top i.e best will be on considerably more money than we’d be prepared to shell out, that I’m sure. Whether we could, or just won’t, I guess is another debate in itself!

2 hours ago, Chelm Canary said:

He's only just left MK Dons for Swansea. I can't see him jumping ship again without getting himself a bit of a reputation. 

I think he’d jump ship for us. Due respect to Swansea but we are a bigger club and Martin will want the job. That said I think it’s too early, he hasn’t proved anything yet so if the job did become available I’d be very surprised if we wanted him first choice.

32 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

A top manager who didn't buy into what Webber has built would cost whatever it takes to get rid of everything Webber has built. 

If there's a change it will be a head coach that fits what Webber has built.

Edited by nutty nigel
  • Thanks 1