7 hours ago, alex_ncfc said:

Absolutely amazed that there are Norwich supporters taking issue with what he has said when he is absolutely spot on. We do have far too many fans who "just accept it". 

But then I suppose the truth hurts doesn't it! 

A few things:

• We're not happy. We're not just "accepting" the situation - as the boos after Watford showed and will again if we lose to Leeds - ignorant
  • We did have a go  - ,most NCFC fans agreed it was a good summer window, getting excited by signings like Norman, Tzolis and Gilmour - but Farke isn't playing many of the signings - lazy
  • He knew from the first game we'd go down? - "pundit predicts a newly promoted team will go down" - stunning and brave

Can't wait to see Garth's next pearls of wisdom. Poundland punditry. 

Edited by Wardogz
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

To be fair in net terms we didn’t spend more. We only spent around £12m net and that’s including Gibson and Dimi. 

Transfermarket says £25 million: it's not perfect but more reliable than your figure I'd suggest.

Income £34.56m

Expenditure £59.54m

Overall balance£-24.98m

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/norwich-city/transfers/verein/1123

16 minutes ago, Wardogz said:

Can't wait to see Garth's next pearls of wisdom.

I suspect he predicts that either Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool are all good each-way bets for the title!

9 hours ago, hogesar said:

I mean, Garth Crooks isn't a Norwich fan and its hardly surprising he's spouting without doing some basic research but as a Norwich fan I thought you would have.

His point is invalid. Unless he's going to accuse several other clubs of the same. We spent more than the other two promoted clubs in the Summer. Just because they're not in the relegation zone its ok not to invest, apparently. That we may have bought the wrong players would be an argument, but not the one he's making. Probably because he's not bothered to even look who we've signed,  and just assumed the same as 2 years ago.

The net spend for Brentford is higher and they kept their best players. We did not spend more than Brentford as we sold Emi, they sold no one.

We seem to have no idea now to use half the players we bought .... and the others don't look great to me.

5 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

The net spend for Brentford is higher and they kept their best players. We did not spend more than Brentford as we sold Emi, they sold no one.

We seem to have no idea now to use half the players we bought .... and the others don't look great to me.

Cheers for one example, that still doesn't explain why Watford / Burnley aren't getting the same treatment, does it? I'm sure theres other clubs with less net spend this season too to be honest.

32 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Cheers for one example, that still doesn't explain why Watford / Burnley aren't getting the same treatment, does it? I'm sure theres other clubs with less net spend this season too to be honest.

I only used that example as you said "We spent more than the other two promoted clubs in the Summer." when we didn't. To be honest I do not care about anyone else, it's us I care about. Watford are not getting it because they have won games, are 14th in the league and 8 points ahead of us. They have also acted to change a losing team and given themselves a chance by appointing a manager with experience of the Premier League. Anyone comparing Watford to us would be slightly unhinged in my opinion.

Burnley have done this before & always got out of it and also have a manager with a much better win rate than 10.8% in this league. I expect if it doesn't change soon they will change the manager. Our board will no nothing and I fully expect a board member to soon tell us what a lovely fella Farke is (I agree he is...) and we will stumble on until there is no fight left whatever. All so depressing.

40 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I see what you are saying, I think a large part of the difference between our treatment and that of other clubs comes down to our last attempt when we spent nothing and fell quickly. We have a history now of failure through non investment but Burnley and Watford as per your examples don’t. I also think the same accusations would be leveled at those teams if they had 2 points and minus 21 goal difference after 9 games but they look capable of putting up a fight.

It’s not the amount of money we’ve spent, it’s the poor return in quality that we’ve got from it. That’s the worst part. Money is tight with us so we have to get our transfer business right, but we appear to have got it so wrong. 

1 minute ago, Son Ova Gunn said:

I see what you are saying, I think a large part of the difference between our treatment and that of other clubs comes down to our last attempt when we spent nothing and fell quickly. We have a history now of failure through non investment but Burnley and Watford as per your examples don’t. I also think the same accusations would be leveled at those teams if they had 2 points and minus 21 goal difference after 9 games but they look capable of putting up a fight.

I wonder what Burnley fans are saying about their lack of spending this season? Yet to win and only two points above us, probably not played as many top teams as us and we got a bore draw there! I bet they are moaning too!

3 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

It’s not the amount of money we’ve spent, it’s the poor return in quality that we’ve got from it. That’s the worst part. Money is tight with us so we have to get our transfer business right, but we appear to have got it so wrong. 

again

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hogesar said:

I mean, Garth Crooks isn't a Norwich fan and its hardly surprising he's spouting without doing some basic research but as a Norwich fan I thought you would have.

His point is invalid. Unless he's going to accuse several other clubs of the same. We spent more than the other two promoted clubs in the Summer. Just because they're not in the relegation zone its ok not to invest, apparently. That we may have bought the wrong players would be an argument, but not the one he's making. Probably because he's not bothered to even look who we've signed,  and just assumed the same as 2 years ago.

Only we haven’t been as ambitious as you pretend. We were unwilling to offer enough to keep our best player here- unwilling to push the boat out for Ajer. What we spent needs setting against the sale of our best player and the miserly way we went about last promotion - eg we had money due to lack of ambition over last few seasons and finally what we have signed is cheap for this division- £10 million tops with championship wages etc… Sargent an example of expensive for us but dross for the level we are at 

Crooks makes a valid point and the proof is in black and white in the league table 

11 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I only used that example as you said "We spent more than the other two promoted clubs in the Summer." when we didn't. To be honest I do not care about anyone else, it's us I care about. Watford are not getting it because they have won games, are 14th in the league and 8 points ahead of us. They have also acted to change a losing team and given themselves a chance by appointing a manager with experience of the Premier League. Anyone comparing Watford to us would be slightly unhinged in my opinion.

Burnley have done this before & always got out of it and also have a manager with a much better win rate than 10.8% in this league. I expect if it doesn't change soon they will change the manager. Our board will no nothing and I fully expect a board member to soon tell us what a lovely fella Farke is (I agree he is...) and we will stumble on until there is no fight left whatever. All so depressing.

I agree with the bits in bold. But that's my point. In this case, Garth is directly linking our lack of spending to our position in the table. But if it was as simple as that Watford would be below us because they've spent less, as would Burnley. We've spent significantly more than both Watford and Burnley. That we may have bought badly isn't the point Garth is making.

As for our board doing nothing, if we fail to perform vs Leeds I'd be very surprised if Farke is still with us, rightly or wrongly.

12 minutes ago, Son Ova Gunn said:

Agreed, that's kind of my point in a nutshell. It's a really lazy bit of journalism with zero research done. It's just an uninformed go-to because we're crap.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BarclayWazza said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59031790

Mason Mount: It was good to see Mount back in a Chelsea shirt and among the goals again. However, this wasn't about Mount but Norwich. Six league defeats and two draws out of eight games and Daniel Farke is still there? I said as early as the first game of the season that Norwich were down and it is as much the owners' fault as the manager.

Norwich have made no attempt to avoid what is painfully obvious to me. They are happy to enjoy their time with the Premier League but not prepared to make the investment to at least try to stay there. It's shameful.

It really isn't good enough but what I don't understand is why do Norwich fans seem to accept it? That's the most disappointing thing.

Baffles me as well fella.

Crooks is spot on. No other club would stand for what is going on, but too many are conditioned into Delia's mindset that the EPL is the big bad wolf. Norwich City is the problem, not the league. 

Edited by komakino

Norwich supporters upset when pundit offers opinion.

What is the problem?

If you are convinced he is wrong then it shouldn't matter.

But until you finally get it through your skulls that we cannot compete at this level the way we are set up then we will have a season like this.

It doesn't matter whether we get stick from pundits or are we forgetting the glowing praise we got last season for bouncing back, playing great football and keeping the same coaching setup. Norwich are to be admired was the watchword.

Why compare other teams? Watford have been mentioned. They went out and got in an experienced manager who has won the EPL.

Until everyone realise we are set up to be a Championship side we will argue forever.

One glimmer of hope is that if top pundit Garth Crooks thinks we are dreadful, there's a good chance we will turn this around in the next few games.

• Like 1

I assume all those who complain about Norwich fans are Norwich fans and complicit of the very thing they are complaining about.

If the owners, board, sporting director, manager, players and fans aren't up to it then it really is down to the lake I fear.

11 hours ago, BarclayWazza said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59031790

Mason Mount: It was good to see Mount back in a Chelsea shirt and among the goals again. However, this wasn't about Mount but Norwich. Six league defeats and two draws out of eight games and Daniel Farke is still there? I said as early as the first game of the season that Norwich were down and it is as much the owners' fault as the manager.

Norwich have made no attempt to avoid what is painfully obvious to me. They are happy to enjoy their time with the Premier League but not prepared to make the investment to at least try to stay there. It's shameful.

It really isn't good enough but what I don't understand is why do Norwich fans seem to accept it? That's the most disappointing thing.

Baffles me as well fella.

He hasn't been informed that Norwich fans were systematically brainwashed by Delia and the boy Ferrari a long time ago and are therefore numpties. 

47 minutes ago, komakino said:

Crooks is spot on. No other club would stand for what is going on, but too many are conditioned into Delia's mindset that the EPL is the big bad wolf. Norwich City is the problem, not the league. 

Agreed.

25 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I assume all those who complain about Norwich fans are Norwich fans and complicit of the very thing they are complaining about.

If the owners, board, sporting director, manager, players and fans aren't up to it then it really is down to the lake I fear.

I wouldn't assume that.

41 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Problem is that even when the fans show their displeasure (now... ) the board ignore it. And it's not like we are not the most patience fans ever already... its a trait of these owners to wait until its too late.

Norwich City have been completed sussed out, though some did many years ago... A club that has no intention of wanting to a Premier League outfit, but takes the cash every 2/3 years to prop up a failing concept. They are a disgrace right now and I do not say that lightly. They give not only no respect to the league, but its supporters and football itself. 

Norwich fans as others spend a lot of money supporting them and they get treated like fools. 

Who would want owners like this? 

Edited by komakino

2 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

push the boat out for Ajer

This will be the £13m Ajer who can no longer get a game for Brentford, but who clearly would have been our saviour?

Could part of the problem for newly promoted clubs be that it is such a step up from what they are used to it is almost impossible to quickly adjust their games?

If so, the answer is to buy PL experienced players. They start at about £25m. Why can't we buy 4 or 5 of those? Oh, wait..... So we could loan a couple in. Oh, we have. 3 if you count Gilmour as "experienced". So far, all 3 of them are no better than the players they've replaced.

I certainly agree that Farke has made a dog's dinner of his team selections so far, and his tactics. But I can't agree that our recruitment was poor - everyone (yes, everyone) on here thought it was spot on in terms of the quality and type of player. Those players are not performing - but if you accept that they are good players (they are) then it comes down to coaching and management, not recruitment.

Edited by sgncfc

7 minutes ago, komakino said:

Norwich City have been completed sussed out, though some did many years ago... A club that has no intention of wanting to a Premier League outfit, but takes the cash every 2/3 years to prop up a failing concept. They are a disgrace right now and I do not say that lightly. They give not only no respect to the league, but its supporters and football itself. 

Norwich fans as others spend a lot of money supporting them and they get treated like fools. 

Who would want owners like this? 

As John McEnroe would have said: these owners are the "g** d*** p*** of the earth".

2 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

As John McEnroe would have said: these owners are the "g** d*** p*** of the earth".

A really good ideas that would shoot Delia's fox is to ban parachute payments for clubs that only spend one season in the EPL.

That would make clubs make more of an effort to at least retain their status and not to coin a phrase - 'Do a Norwich'

2 minutes ago, komakino said:

A really good ideas that would shoot Delia's fox is to ban parachute payments for clubs that only spend one season in the EPL.

That would make clubs make more of an effort to at least retain their status and not to coin a phrase - 'Do a Norwich'

A better idea would be to simply ban Delia under the "fit and proper person's test".

She has been taking the michaels out of everybody for years.

What would I give to be that fly on the wall in her private conversations?

59 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Problem is that even when the fans show their displeasure (now... ) the board ignore it. And it's not like we are not the most patience fans ever already... its a trait of these owners to wait until its too late.

Perhaps the board don't read this forum. Maybe it's time you tried something else?