Uncle Fred

Leeds will be a special game

The last game of any managers reign always has a special atmosphere 

I enjoyed the ginger pele’s rugby tackle at worthingtons last game

the result will be painful but crowd watching and the hope afterwards makes it all worthwhile 

1 minute ago, Uncle Fred said:

the result will be painful but crowd watching and the hope afterwards makes it all worthwhile 

I’m glad you are enjoying it. Turmoil, recrimination, inevitable relegation and championship mediocrity to follow. 

On a personal level I hope we get a win against Leeds and Farke stays. 

12 minutes ago, Clever Farke said:

I’m glad you are enjoying it. Turmoil, recrimination, inevitable relegation and championship mediocrity to follow. 

On a personal level I hope we get a win against Leeds and Farke stays. 

On a personal level I hope we beat Leeds 9:0 and then go on to finish the season comfortably in the top half of the table whilst we all live happily ever after, but it ain’t going to happen.

• Haha 1

I hope DF plays Delia up front with Pukki and she scores a hat trick in our 6-0 demolishing of Leeds. We might then get a week without Uncle Fred's constant whinging. 😉

I've had enough of this one sided nonsense now.  Leeds could indeed be a special game, but nothing is set in stone - it could go either way. Either we do well and the team redeem themselves and Farke comes out of it well, or it could go the other way and it is dire and Farke has no credit left - but it is not a foregone conclusion either way. 

Thankfully I know that if the team look up for the challenge the fans as a whole will respond well, even if the closed minded fraternity that want him gone now might not like it.   Win and it sets up the rest of the season nicely, points on the board, goals scored, confidence restored, manager redeemed. 

It's a big ask, but the future isn't written and that's why next Sunday will be an amazing match - a blockbuster, ether way - and Farke shouldn't be underestimated - he is a tremendously strong character and has it in him to get the wheels back on this season.

Just now, lake district canary said:

I've had enough of this one sided nonsense now.  Leeds could indeed be a special game, but nothing is set in stone - it could go either way. Either we do well and the team redeem themselves and Farke comes out of it well, or it could go the other way and it is dire and Farke has no credit left - but it is not a foregone conclusion either way. 

Thankfully I know that if the team look up for the challenge the fans as a whole will respond well, even if the closed minded fraternity that want him gone now might not like it.   Win and it sets up the rest of the season nicely, points on the board, goals scored, confidence restored, manager redeemed. 

It's a big ask, but the future isn't written and that's why next Sunday will be an amazing match - a blockbuster, ether way - and Farke shouldn't be underestimated - he is a tremendously strong character and has it in him to get the wheels back on this season.

And what if that doesn’t happen?  Should he be given another match?  And then another? And oh look, it’s not long until the transfer window; shall we give him until the end of January?  Oh well, he’s got us promoted before, so he deserves another chance in the Championship. And so it goes on.

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

LDC, that was one of the worst performances I have ever seen by a Norwich side, it was downright humiliating. 

Maybe realism is in order now. 

6 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

And what if that doesn’t happen?  Should he be given another match?  And then another? And oh look, it’s not long until the transfer window; shall we give him until the end of January?  Oh well, he’s got us promoted before, so he deserves another chance in the Championship. And so it goes on.

If it doesn't happen, then it depends on the nature of the match. A good competitive draw would be enough to suggest that there is enough there to push on, but a poor performance and loss would make it very difficult for him.  It looks like a last chance saloon, right enough, but I seem to one of a few people that are open minded enough to think that he could get things back on track. 

I think it could go either way, which for me is the only realistic way of looking at it - but one thing for sure is that there is a lot more to Farke than some people are giving him credit for. 

13 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

You are clearly related to DF, I've never heard such deluded optimism. You are making yourself look a clown 

18 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Right back at ya. 😀

15 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

Totally agree, what's the value in waiting any longer. I'm guessing Webber said at the start of the season he would get 10 games and so will honour it. If we beat Leeds it doesn't change anything we are relegated already and look a shambles. There are plenty of international players in our squad they obviously don't believe in the game plan and what they are being asked to do. Farke is a good championship manager but what's the point of him getting us promoted again only to be here in 2-3 years time. The football nation hate what we stand for 

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

If it doesn't happen, then it depends on the nature of the match. A good competitive draw would be enough to suggest that there is enough there to push on, but a poor performance and loss would make it very difficult for him.  It looks like a last chance saloon, right enough, but I seem to one of a few people that are open minded enough to think that he could get things back on track. 

I think it could go either way, which for me is the only realistic way of looking at it - but one thing for sure is that there is a lot more to Farke than some people are giving him credit for. 

Its not looking good, the closest similar scenario I have where Farke excelled was the way he turned things around after our last relegation pretty much instantly. On the back of 11 straight defeats and incredibly low morale he got a tune out of them again.

Obviously not that similar as we were able to sign new players and freshen up the squad. 

Youd think a lot of the players who haven't had much game time like Tzolis and Cantwell have a right to knock on Farkes door and ask to be involved as everyone pretty much let themselves down Saturday.

3 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

You're a special one 😎

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

If we ever needed to win a match it's the next one. Everything will depend on the crowd reaction. As others have said on here today - lose the crowd and it's just a matter of time. It's on Sky and will be beamed around the world - nowhere to hide.

Really want Farke to pull this out of the fire and for us to soundly beat Leeds and kick on. But in reality this game has all the hallmarks of Worthington's fall. Must win home game,on Sky,on a Sunday,fans ready to turn.

Wherever people stand on Farke currently, I just hope we get behind the team in our droves as we need 3 points desperately. Managers have turned things around before at similar points in the season (Sean Dyche at Burnley last year is a perfect example) and ultimately the *single* most important thing is getting that win. I think if the fans give their all, make it hard for Leeds, and the team fail to produce then there can’t really be too many complaints if there’s a change at the top in time for Brentford away. However if it’s made poisonous from the off and we become our own worst enemy then we’ll probably deserve what we get. Such a crucial run of games, who’s in charge isn’t important at the end of the day, the only thing important is the results. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, hogesar said:

Youd think a lot of the players who haven't had much game time like Tzolis and Cantwell have a right to knock on Farkes door and ask to be involved as everyone pretty much let themselves down Saturday.

Indeed. It is going to a fascinating match, to see how Farke handles it and how the players respond.  Cantwell, with a full week's training and the U23 match under his belt should be in the mix. Tzolis, I don't know about, he ought to figure at some point, maybe from the bench.  I reckon seeing Rashica and Sargent ambling back while Chelsea were pouring forwards for their fourth goal would be enough for Farke to see them out of the reckoning. So maybe Cantwell in for Sargent, Tzolis to come on rather than Rashica. Omo in for Gibson and see where it gets us. 

Lake District Canary seems to have all the answers. Shame that he still believes in Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy , the Yeti, the Loch Ness Monster and copper bracelets for rheumatism. Farke in charge against Leeds is a disaster waiting to happen, he should be released from the possibility of such an humiliation at Carrow Road.

So we get rid of Farke before Sunday. And presumably this back room staff with him. Who would that leave in charge for the game? Neil Adams? And we all know how that went before...

Have given this special thought I intend to boo the players onto the field, boo through the game, boo at half time , boo at the start of the 2nd half and boo at the end 

provided we all follow accordingly we should get some change after the game 

1 minute ago, Uncle Fred said:

Have given this special thought I intend to boo the players onto the field, boo through the game, boo at half time , boo at the start of the 2nd half and boo at the end 

provided we all follow accordingly we should get some change after the game 

You must sit in the snakepit as that's all they ever do

18 hours ago, lake district canary said:

But he hasn't got it in him to manage successfully in the Premier League unfortunately. 

Got a feeling it will be like Worthington's last stand against Burnley - another manager that Delia was so up their backside that it took much longer to sack him than it should have done. Why should the players put in a shift now? Many of them would be better off with a new manager so things can start afresh for all and that cannot come soon enough. 

Edited by komakino

37 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

You must sit in the snakepit as that's all they ever do

River end upper and proud 💪💪

Just now, nutty nigel said:

People in the lower must be worried... 

No wonder they're quiet....poor souls are terrified

10 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

People in the lower must be worried... 

Im in the upper and I'm worried!! 😊