Graham Paddons Beard

Man Utd are worse than us

Have to say the Man United fans are class, one of the most patient set of supporters I’ve seen. Plenty still clapping at the end and showing support for Ole, or perhaps just taking pity at the fact it’s probably the last chance they’ll get to clap him off. 

19 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Trouble is, football is a funny old game.

Our first 2 games were against teams who've turned out to be 2 of the 3 top teams.

We had new players, some of whom arrived late, & no pre-season. Getting some fluency is going to take time.

We've only played teams we could seriously think about beating recently (Brighton, Burnley).

For comparison Brentford played the worst Arsenal team I've seen in years. It gave them a huge boost. And they have a settled team

Now Chelsea have knocked the stuffing out of us. It's very difficult to compete against players who are better than you in all respects. I could try as hard as I could against a professional boxer but the result would be inevitable. Resistance as the saying goes, is futile.

But Leeds are not at those levels. Daniel has to get the team's collective jaw off the floor. Let's see what happens.

I like the sentiment but I cannot buy that our fortunes would’ve turned out massively different simply with a different set of opening fixtures. We have been miles off in every department. There’s a chasm between us and Brentford at the minute

4 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Have to say the Man United fans are class, one of the most patient set of supporters I’ve seen. Plenty still clapping at the end and showing support for Ole, or perhaps just taking pity at the fact it’s probably the last chance they’ll get to clap him off. 

..apart from the 15,000 who left early!!!........

38 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Their owners will act quicker than ours, Solskjaer will be gone by the middle of the week but Farke will still be lauded as a great manager by Delia and co 🙈

Solksjaer should have gone several times last season, and didn't. So trying to use Man United owners as a way of slagging of our own isn't only desperate, its also misplaced.

6 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

You didn’t see the concourses as thousands left the ground then? 

7 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I like the sentiment but I cannot buy that our fortunes would’ve turned out massively different simply with a different set of opening fixtures. We have been miles off in every department. There’s a chasm between us and Brentford at the minute

Not from what I saw of Brentford today.

And it wasn't just the fixtures. Having a new bunch of players & no pre-season was a huge factor.

There are so many variables in football - games can hinge on centimetres, tackles, one wrong decision - and that is what makes it so thrilling & absorbing. If the results were as predictable as opinion makes it on here it wouldn't be worth watching.

Edited by ron obvious

Makes you wonder if we'd have kept it to 5 yesterday if we'd spent what utd have 🙂

Tbh, if I'm a city player today, this result will help in the mental recovery from yesterday 

15 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Well that was a shame . Liverpool just kept the ball for the last 15 mins . 

I think the Premier League should fine Liverpool for not playing properly right up to the final whistle, if Man Utd stay up and we go down due to goal difference then it would be Liverpools fault. Liverpool should then forfeit their place in the Premier League and we should be re-instated, it's the only fair thing to do.

20 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

..apart from the 15,000 who left early!!!........

18 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

You didn’t see the concourses as thousands left the ground then? 

Yes true. But there’s not a fan base in the world where that wouldn’t happen. What continues to surprise me with United is the amount of fans who remain positive in the stands. There were home fans chanting in like the 90th minute today. On Wednesday when they went off 0-2 to Atalanta they were initially boo’d but then the fans started singing and clapping as the fans went off, and Ole got a warm reception as he walked to the tunnel. I genuinely think they’d have been pitchforks at most other clubs by that point. 

Horrible scummy team all while their supporters only come to them because they are glory hunters. Norwich on the other hand are my team for many family related/rooted reasons.

If one of our players sent tweets to a Tory saying kids should be fed, I very much doubt that player would have had the initials “MBE” afixed to his name.

Still, when we go to play Man United this season, I expect a horrible repeat of yesterday.

41 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

We’ll find out for sure soon enough. Could be that Brentford cause big teams trouble but struggle against minnows like us 😉

3 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

That'll be the end of Slakjor then.

Could be a busy old sack race this week.

Captain loves a good sacking 😄