Sign in to follow this  
Coneys Knee

“I prefer it in the championship anyway”

Is anyone else tired of hearing this from fellow fans or is it just me? I hear it from all angles and it depresses me. 

It’s only “better” in the championship because we win more as we’re so useless in the PL. If we weren’t so rubbish in the PL and actually attempted to make a proper fist of things I’m sure we’d all be enjoying it. I wonder whether Leicester’s fans prefer it in the Championship or whether Brentford’s fans wish they were back there right now?

I also can’t help but feel that the “I prefer it in the championship” brigade aren’t helping  our situation, for while fans are happy to be in the Championship then surely there’s very little pressure to stay in the PL.

The “top 26” nonsense also aids this sense that relegation is ok. Relegation is NOT ok.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

I'm one of those who prefers the Championship. I would change my mind if the European Super League ever happens but I can do without VAR and badge kissers who really couldn't give a **** about their club. And I really don't want to see a Saudi owned club at Carrow Road, in fact I'm off to South London to borrow a banner 

Screenshot_20211024-124730_Chrome.thumb.jpg.980b303d5359333144e8058d900d677f.jpg

Edited by dylanisabaddog
  • Like 4

Nah, I reckon many say it's better in the Championship as there's a bit more character around with fewer plastic supporters, the league is a lot more balanced so even weaker sides can upset ostensibly far better teams on a semi-regular basis, and nowhere near as much financial doping. And also, no VAR.

• Like 5

Must be just me then, but it would be interesting to see if you guys still have the same opinion of preferring the championship when we’re back to being an upper mid table championship team. My guess is, at that point we’ll all hate the championship too.

My point is that I reckon our apparent dislike of the premiership is purely down to the fact we never make a real good go of it and if you lose every week, any league becomes depressing. 

It's not binary. But like Cambridge said there are aspects that are better in the champs not least is getting to more games, especially midweek games. Were now nearly at the end of October and there's been 4 home games. Getting to games is the number one for me. Don't enjoy the TV even half as much.

But of course you want to win every game and that brings promotion. Easily solved though - get the PL up to 24 teams 🙃

• Like 1

The Championship is a poor old league now. Not as good as it was relegated teams with huge parachute payments have too much of an easy ride.

"actually attempted to make a proper fist of things"

Do please point us all to the bank who would happily lend us the money. Meanwhile. I can point out those who have made a 'proper fist of it". Blackpool, Sunderland, Wigan, Pompey, Hull, Bolton, Cardiff, Blackburn, QPR, Swansea, Reading,  Boro, Huddersfield, and most recent WBA, Fulham, B'mouth, Sheff Utd. None of whom were ever accused of not 'making a fist of it' yet are not in the PL. Not even in the Championship in some cases, with a few now financial basket cases. And I am sure we would all like to hear your explanation for them not being in the PL, given the fist they made of it.

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I'm one of those who prefers the Championship. I would change my mind if the European Super League ever happens but I can do without VAR and badge kissers who really couldn't give a **** about their club. And I really don't want to see a Saudi owned club at Carrow Road, in fact I'm off to South London to borrow a banner 

Screenshot_20211024-124730_Chrome.thumb.jpg.980b303d5359333144e8058d900d677f.jpg

Agree 100%

7 minutes ago, non-scoring strikers said:

Sums up how abject and basic some nodge 'fans' are. 

Losers. 

Calling us nodge has given the game away there

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

The Championship is a poor old league now. Not as good as it was relegated teams with huge parachute payments have too much of an easy ride.

Considering the rarity of our winning the Championship after being relegated the year before (or indeed the relative rarity of teams relegated from the Premier League coming back up from the Championship, even via the playoffs), I don't think that's too accurate.

1 hour ago, Coneys Knee said:

Must be just me then, but it would be interesting to see if you guys still have the same opinion of preferring the championship when we’re back to being an upper mid table championship team. My guess is, at that point we’ll all hate the championship too.

My point is that I reckon our apparent dislike of the premiership is purely down to the fact we never make a real good go of it and if you lose every week, any league becomes depressing. 

Totally disagree and it's nothing to do with not making a go of it. It's a boring league that nobody outside of the top 4 teams are even competitive for. Everybody is playing to make up the numbers. Why on earth would anyone find that interesting? It's ****.

In the championship, its far more competitive, buying your way out often doesn't work at all, anybody can beat anybody etc. 

Prem is dull as **** because its so imbalanced. Its not because its depressing, its because its so boring.

21 minutes ago, non-scoring strikers said:

Losers. 

We arent battling away midtable in League One like you real losers though,  are we? We've also not gone 10, 11, 12 years not beating our local rival. Credit for getting a draw at Cambridge though,  nice to see a small club like Ipswich scrapping a draw against their actual local rivals.

Next time you decide to post pretending to be a Norwich fan, try not using the term 'nodge' . Even for a binner that's pretty thick.

34 minutes ago, RobJames said:

"actually attempted to make a proper fist of things"

Do please point us all to the bank who would happily lend us the money. Meanwhile. I can point out those who have made a 'proper fist of it". Blackpool, Sunderland, Wigan, Pompey, Hull, Bolton, Cardiff, Blackburn, QPR, Swansea, Reading,  Boro, Huddersfield, and most recent WBA, Fulham, B'mouth, Sheff Utd. None of whom were ever accused of not 'making a fist of it' yet are not in the PL. Not even in the Championship in some cases, with a few now financial basket cases. And I am sure we would all like to hear your explanation for them not being in the PL, given the fist they made of it.

With respect I couldn’t care less about that list of examples. It’s Norwich and our plight I’m bothered about.  

As an example, going into a premier league season with Pukki, Sargent & Idah as our strike force is in no way making a fist of it however tinted your specs are. That is suicide and downright fooling. I’m sorry.

• Like 1

Defeatist and very short sighted. A stay of a few years in the Championship will see the parachute payment money gone and all our best players will leave and with our self funding budget we will have approximately £0 to spend every window before player sales. We did very well and the stars aligned somewhat in Farke's second season, but seasons like that are very much the exception to the rule and we can't expect that it will magically happen again.

Instead of meekly giving up we should give ourselves a chance this year by bringing in a coach who understands how you have to play at PL and can coach the players to be more competitive instead of burying our heads in the sand and praying that Farke miraculously turns everything around (it almost never happens for struggling coaches) and leaving it far, far too late like we always stupidly do. 

Look at Watford who rightly had the bottle to put the best interests of the club, it's whole staff and fans above that of one employee, they scored more goals away from home in one half yesterday than we have in this entire season

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, non-scoring strikers said:

Losers. 

Hmmm...........bet your lot would p*ss themselves to even be in the Championship !

Mind you,we did actually enjoy ourselves in the 3rd Division ........pity we were only visiting for just ONE season 🥳

Edited by C.I.D

Nodge? What sort of rubbish is that? 

Do Norwich fans actually call us Nodge ? If they do , I would suggest they stop immediately. 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

Apart from the money its just treading water for 14 teams. They are never going to win anything.

If we are talking value for money then its hard to knock the Championship.

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

Apart from the money its just treading water for 14 teams. They are never going to win anything.

Same in the Champs. A couple of seasons of mid table mediocrity in that and people will say we lack ambition

Just now, Making Plans said:

Same in the Champs. A couple of seasons of mid table mediocrity in that and people will say we lack ambition

All part of lifes rich pageant.

Don't knock the Yoyo, its provided us with many seasons of fun. I take that any time over being Burnley.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

I thought you were a big fan of ACN ? Plenty of Nodge merchandise for sale on their site, scarves and bages etc.

https://www.alongcomenorwich.com/merch/

I happen to think all the displays along come Norwich have done have been excellent, along with some of the merchandise. If you and greavsy don’t want to support them then don’t but I think most supporters would say they’ve done a really good job.

5 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

I happen to think all the displays along come Norwich have done have been excellent, along with some of the merchandise. If you and greavsy don’t want to support them then don’t but I think most supporters would say they’ve done a really good job.

Whoa there Joe, why bring me into this conversation? 

Edited by Greavsy
Spelling correction

3 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Whoa there Joe, why bring me into this conversation? 

Because you reacted to Tils post, but you already knew that