For the future

Next Norwich City manger

Roy Hodgson for the rest of the season, Webber & Farke sacked. Hodgson to advise are owners on the next crucial appointments to start at the end of the current season.

I really would likeĀ the owners to go but they won't but Webber has to go, as does Farke. Total failureĀ in the top flight.

What will happen though is nothing... absolutely nothing as usual.

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Not Martin.Ā  Please no. Another manager who will split the fans as with Hughton. He'd be on a hiding to nothing.Ā  If Farke has to go - and I hope he is given time to turn it round, then it would be another foreign coach. Bruce? do me a favour.

I think fans would turn their nose up at Martin same as they did Adams.Ā 

Ā 

Can anyone tell me why theyā€™d want Bruce other than the fact heā€™s available? I donā€™t get it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Helsinki canary said:

I think the Robbins/Culverhouse combination suggested on here yesterday sounds interestingĀ 

+1

But personally, Iā€™m in favour of seeing what, if any, response Farke can muster for the Leeds game. Ā If he canā€™t, as much as I love the bloke, we need to bring in a fire fighter for the rest of the season.Ā 

Alladyce would get my vote. Then if we go down, as I expect, bring in Robins. Ā Heā€™s worked wonders almost everywhere heā€™s been.

How about the duo of Chris Hughton and Alex Neil? Under Hughton we were defensively solid, under Neil our attacking game was fine. The pair of them could work wonders as long asĀ Hughton looks after the defense and Neil after the attack and not the other way around.Ā Ā 

2 hours ago, City 2nd said:

Why? It will be Martin, he is very close to Delia and the current incumbent Farke as well as Webber.Ā He knows the Norwich ways inside out and has worked with a director of football at both his previous clubs. He is also a big pal of our assistant (and next) Ā director of football, Neil Adams.

You say "Why?" to my point and then go on to list some of the exact reasons why it shouldn't be him! šŸ˜‚

What is it with Norwich fans? Do other clubs have this ridiculous thing with their fanbases being desperate for former players to manage them, whether they have the credentials or not? Just because Russell Martin is now "a manager" why does that automatically imply he should get the job at Norwich because he is friends with Delia, Webber and Neil Adams? This is exactly what we do not want!

As others have said above, it is a recipe for disaster when Delia is involved: she wouldn't pull the trigger with Worthington and left it far too late, and I remember her being desperate for Bryan Hamilton to retain the job when he was going to resign because he was "a nice man"!

We need the best man for the job, and I fail to see why people see that as Russell MartinĀ justĀ because he played for us.Ā He was bang average as a player and his name wouldn't be anywhere near anyone's thoughts if he hadn't played here.Ā 

3 hours ago, DevilsAvacado said:

How about Mick McCarthy? He is available now and cant be any worse than Farke.

Your first post. You may be loving this, How was Fleetwood by the way?

3 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

Chris Hughton all day longĀ 

Assume youā€™re taking the p*ss, but who knows. Great recent record at Forest.

9 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

You say "Why?" to my point and then go on to list some of the exact reasons why it shouldn't be him! šŸ˜‚

What is it with Norwich fans? Do other clubs have this ridiculous thing with their fanbases being desperate for former players to manage them, whether they have the credentials or not? Just because Russell Martin is now "a manager" why does that automatically imply he should get the job at Norwich because he is friends with Delia, Webber and Neil Adams? This is exactly what we do not want!

As others have said above, it is a recipe for disaster when Delia is involved: she wouldn't pull the trigger with Worthington and left it far too late, and I remember her being desperate for Bryan Hamilton to retain the job when he was going to resign because he was "a nice man"!

We need the best man for the job, and I fail to see why people see that as Russell MartinĀ justĀ because he played for us.Ā He was bang average as a player and his name wouldn't be anywhere near anyone's thoughts if he hadn't played here.Ā 

Agreed! Good to see that others are now admitting what I've been saying for years and years!Ā 

Roy Hodgson til the end of the season to steady the ship and possibly give us a chance of staying up.Ā 
Ā 

That said if Eddie Howe was interested We should takeĀ him in a shot.Ā 

1 minute ago, duke63 said:

Roy Hodgson til the end of the season to steady the ship and possibly give us a chance of staying up.Ā 
Ā 

So the solution to having a manager who looks like heā€™s taking us down, is to appoint one who took a club with more financial resources down.

1 minute ago, Commonsense said:

So the solution to having a manager who looks like heā€™s taking us down, is to appoint one who took a club with more financial resources down.

Howeā€™sĀ problems started when he was given loads to spend.Ā 

26 minutes ago, duke63 said:

Wouldn't we get crushed underfoot in the stampede to sign him up, or not it would seem? I wonder why ?

How about approaching Culverhouse to join us as a defensive coach working alongside Farke. He done an excellent job alongside Lambert.

3 minutes ago, ridgeman said:

How about approaching Culverhouse to join us as a defensive coach working alongside Farke. He done an excellent job alongside Lambert.

Farke has very little (if any) coaches at the club with sufficient experience of the English game. Just look at Edward Riemer's CV.

Your suggestion makes a lot of sense. Trouble is that 'a lot of sense' and The Cook are worlds apart I'm afraid. Neither she nor the prickly Webber have any intention of .........'undermining poor Daniel'!!Ā Ā 

3 hours ago, City 2nd said:

Ā 

What, you mean they (fans) currently arenā€™t? We have over 62% suggesting a change of manager is due. Every club hasĀ to rely on its supporters, without them, no club. When crowds dwindle, and they will,Ā NCFC will be in the dodo!

Since when have you known the Board of Directors at Norwich act with decisiveness and haste?! I have a feeling Daniel will be left to take the punches for a good few months yet whilst the players ā€œadjustā€ to his tactics.Ā 

31 minutes ago, ridgeman said:

Iā€™ve said the same earlier in the season. Ā I fear weā€™re past that point now. Ā I would be excited aboutĀ Robins and CulverhouseĀ though.

1 hour ago, alex_ncfc said:

I think you need to refer that question to the owners of the club. They oversee all appointments of personnel.Ā 

1 minute ago, Kingston Yellow said:

Iā€™ve said the same earlier in the season. Ā I fear weā€™re past that point now. Ā I would be excited aboutĀ Robins and CulverhouseĀ though.

Two former players. Donā€™t tell Alex-ncfc!!

What about Neil Critchley.Ā  Lots of good experience bringing youngsters through at Liverpool (manager of their under 18s and then under 23s) and doing a great job at Blackpool having got them promoted in his first full season and now stringing together some excellent results in the Champs.Ā  May be a good fit for us.

6 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

What's he like with bringing youngsters along?

Ok+

He is not the best, but have brougt 3 acadamyĀ  players to the national team.

Ā 

Ā 

7 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

I always liked Aage Hareide, thoughtĀ he should have got the gig in the past.

No thanksĀ 

Ā 

"Norwich is a to small club for me to manage" was his words when we were strugling in the championship before Lambert.

Ā 

He is strugling with Rosenborg in Norway now.Ā  He Will not stay there for Next season. RBK want Kjetil Knutsen

Ā 

Ā