For the future

Next Norwich City manger

49 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

FFS How many times do you guys need telling.  Eddie Howe isn't interested in any job other than one on the South Coast.  He is not prepared to move his kids from their current school, and is not prepared to live away from the family.  So basically it's Southampton or nothing.  

In addition Wilder would prefer a commutable job to Sheffield.  Both guys aren't short of a Bob or two, any role has to fit their lifestyles.

So, no immediate available candidate who would improve things I'm afraid.  Webber will be looking overseas.  

Seriously, before spouting off a list of names do some ****ing research.  

Quite probably. However, he / the club must (at costs) avoid the .........'DF type clone' mantra that Huddersfield followed to disastrous effect when they replaced Wagner. Can't recall the blokes name but he lasted a few weeks / months and was (if stories are correct) hopelessly out of his depth. I also don't necessarily buy this notion that 'lampard wouldn't come unless he had shedloads to spend' argument. At Derby he didn't have that and did a damn good job. Ditto first season at Chelsea. Things only did start to unravel when he WAS given barrow loads of Russian money! Maybe, just maybe he will have acknowledged that and if he has the desire to work again would welcome a Norwich type job. Full house every week, undemanding Board, undemanding fan base and 'great' (apparently) training facilities. If you don't ask you will never know will you!  

1 minute ago, non-scoring strikers said:

Stevie G!

I thought that But coming From a Family of Glasgow Rangers Fans i doubt he would leave Rangers unless it was a big job 

6 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

I thought that But coming From a Family of Glasgow Rangers Fans i doubt he would leave Rangers unless it was a big job 

Compared to Rangers it is a big job. 

59 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

Anyone suggesting Russell Martin can f**k right off, never ceases to amaze me how small-time some of our fans are. 

Why? It will be Martin, he is very close to Delia and the current incumbent Farke as well as Webber. He knows the Norwich ways inside out and has worked with a director of football at both his previous clubs. He is also a big pal of our assistant (and next)  director of football, Neil Adams.

3 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Compared to Rangers it is a big job. 

Rangers are Massive compared to Norwich 

the league yes is far worse than PL

PL I agree is the draw for him but he is safe and loved ar Rangers when a big club goes in for him maybe he will leave 

1 minute ago, City 2nd said:

Why? It will be Martin, he is very close to Delia and the current incumbent Farke as well as Webber. He knows the Norwich ways inside out and has worked with a director of football at both his previous clubs. He is also a big pal of our assistant (and next)  director of football, Neil Adams.

I Agree to your points but that's the Problem to Friendly with the owner and the new DOF 

That is one of the reasons we never get rid of managers when we should Worthy / Alex Neil now Farke 

If Robins comes it would be with an eye on the Champ season next year as I don’t think he’ll save us. But realistically if we beat Leeds and start picking up points Farke will stay. Though there’s little reason to suggest he can rouse the team to do so. My fear would be to keep Farke in post until the season ends with results at an all time low. Surely the club wouldn’t allow that to happen, the fans would revolt

5 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

If Robins comes it would be with an eye on the Champ season next year as I don’t think he’ll save us. But realistically if we beat Leeds and start picking up points Farke will stay. Though there’s little reason to suggest he can rouse the team to do so. My fear would be to keep Farke in post until the season ends with results at an all time low. Surely the club wouldn’t allow that to happen, the fans would revolt

5 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

What, you mean they (fans) currently aren’t? We have over 62% suggesting a change of manager is due. Every club has to rely on its supporters, without them, no club. When crowds dwindle, and they will, NCFC will be in the dodo!

32 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Rangers are Massive compared to Norwich 

the league yes is far worse than PL

PL I agree is the draw for him but he is safe and loved ar Rangers when a big club goes in for him maybe he will leave 

The only people who think Rangers and Celtic are 'big' are Scots. Everyone else sees them as Championship standard at best. Which having watched their recent game is exactly what they are. They have tried to join the EPL relatively recently and been turned down. Unless that changes they will remain at their current standard. Unfortunately for them the EPL will never say yes. 

Gerrard will be out of there the first chance he gets. 

Well Liverpool 2 up within 13 minutes - could be a repeat of our score yesterday - Oli G-S could be available next week 🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, HazzaJet said:

If Farke goes I think his replacement must be a proven PL manager who doesn’t have a boring style of play

That would be nice, but with the squad we can afford sometimes boring is the only way to ensure survival ☹️

52 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

I Agree to your points but that's the Problem to Friendly with the owner and the new DOF 

That is one of the reasons we never get rid of managers when we should Worthy / Alex Neil now Farke 

Yep, it a particular problem at CR. Delia gets too close to the manager, so when its P45 time, she can't do it. She vetoed the decision to sack Alex Neill when he got us relegated. Ed Balls was right and Delia was wrong - not for the first time. \\

Many potential managers would not work under Smith, so if Farke does go, it will be somebody cheap and who doesn't make waves. 

1 minute ago, Besthorpe-48 said:

Kasper hjulmand or marrku kinerva.

Now that was some research.

Good try, but what have Norwich got at the moment that would persuade either of them to give up their National team position before next year's World Cup?  🤔

6 minutes ago, komakino said:

Yep, it a particular problem at CR. Delia gets too close to the manager, so when its P45 time, she can't do it. She vetoed the decision to sack Alex Neill when he got us relegated. Ed Balls was right and Delia was wrong - not for the first time. \\

Many potential managers would not work under Smith, so if Farke does go, it will be somebody cheap and who doesn't make waves. 

At last - someone who agrees with pretty much everything I've said about The Cook since Day One only to be dismissed by most other fans. Oh and you forgot the worst example which was Worthy! She should never be allowed anywhere near controlling what happens at FCR.  

Roy H would be a good shout until season's end. Let Webbers replacement then make the strategic longer term decision.  I'd really like Chris Wilder but if as shefcanary says he needs to be close to Sheff it is a non starter, real shame. I like what Lampard has done, but would Delia go for a "name" who doesn't come across as a yes man. Those are the calibre we need to be looking at though, not some no-name step up untried here.

But the one slight flaw is that we are still stuck with a lame duck incumbent.......

Just now, Tumbleweed said:

I'd really like Chris Wilder but if as shefcanary says he needs to be close to Sheff it is a non starter,

There's a direct train to Sheffield from Norwich, takes 3 hours,, so if he lived in one of the posh flats near Carrow Road it might work?

Lampard would be my first choice. Did a fantastic job at Derby and was instrumental in bringing on a lot of the young players at Chelsea when they weren't allowed to sign anyone. Would fit our model very well and is happy to do as he is told.

I suspect though Webber is scouring Europe as we speak.

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Paul Lambert

Yes he got us as League One champions, Championship runners up, then 12th in the PL in consecutive seasons but how has he done since leaving us? Completely failed - didn’t even manage to get Ipswich to the League One playoffs. I think it’s all down to the squads he’s inherited

Look at Mike Walker - got us to 3rd in the PL and the 3rd round of the UEFA cup in his first spell, was brought back a few years later in the hope he could get us back up to the PL and didn’t get us anywhere near it

15 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

There's a direct train to Sheffield from Norwich, takes 3 hours,, so if he lived in one of the posh flats near Carrow Road it might work?

He recently got remarried and is besotted with his missus (who wouldn't 😉).  She isn't moving as kids are in Y11), neither therefore will he. 

Edited by shefcanary