For the future

Next Norwich City manger

No,no and no. Let's have some serious suggestions eh ? 

I like Farke but he really is out of his depth in the EPL.

Not time to experiment with a Terry or Lampard. Hodgson is too old. Bruce will not manage again and Martin is just starting out although he will be manager here one day. Got to be Wilder or Howe for me. Someone who is gonna stand on the touchline and bark orders out, something Daniel really struggles with.

• Like 1

Not Martin.  Please no. Another manager who will split the fans as with Hughton. He'd be on a hiding to nothing.  If Farke has to go - and I hope he is given time to turn it round, then it would be another foreign coach. Bruce? do me a favour.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, vlad666 said:

Roy hodgson

My feeling is Hodgson to take us to the end of the season to give us a chance of staying up (we know he's a mate of Delias). Then see where we are before making a decision for the longer term.

27 minutes ago, Olano said:

Kjetil Knutsen

What's he like with bringing youngsters along?

3 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Retired didn’t he? The guys 74

Yes he should be left to do his Garden and washing his car poor bloke 74 and still working with all that pressure 

Great manager but should just take it easy 

FFS How many times do you guys need telling.  Eddie Howe isn't interested in any job other than one on the South Coast.  He is not prepared to move his kids from their current school, and is not prepared to live away from the family.  So basically it's Southampton or nothing.  

In addition Wilder would prefer a commutable job to Sheffield.  Both guys aren't short of a Bob or two, any role has to fit their lifestyles.

So, no immediate available candidate who would improve things I'm afraid.  Webber will be looking overseas.  

Seriously, before spouting off a list of names do some ****ing research.  

• Like 2

Whoever it is has to buy into Webber's model, unless he goes too. Guess that rules out most of, if not all of the above names.

Edited by OnDaBall

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

Yes he should be left to do his Garden and washing his car poor bloke 74 and still working with all that pressure 

Great manager but should just take it easy 

I mean if he was up for it I’d be all for him, age shouldn’t really be a barrier and his team would do all the heavy lifting.

I just got the impression he was done with management and at his age who’d blame him. It wasn’t like he left Palace and was signalling he wanted a new challenge, retirement very much seemed the message. I doubt he’d be up for a relegation battle and potentially blemish a pretty great record as a manager with a relegation.

• Like 1

As much as I think Farke has to go, I don't think we need to thrwo the baby out with the bathwater and 180 into hiring a Bruce or Allerdyce type. Neither of those will want to work with a Sporting Director, both of them will demand we spend money we don't have and both will be highly unlikely to help young players progress.

So we need to keep looking for a head coach that shares this philosophy and the willingness to work under a Sporting Director but who we think can get more from the players we have. If we were looking in this country I'd imagine we'd be thinking of a Steve Cooper type but I'd imagine we'd look abroad (although I'd hope Webber doesn't just automatically go back to the Dortmund well).

So I'd be wondering who is doing well in the French, Dutch, German or even Scandinavian leagues at this point.

• Like 3

Anyone suggesting Russell Martin can f**k right off, never ceases to amaze me how small-time some of our fans are. 

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, king canary said:

So I'd be wondering who is doing well in the French, Dutch, German or even Scandinavian leagues at this point.

i Agree all those leagues even Italy or Spain must be good manager somewhere looking for the big chance In the  PL 

46 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Retired didn’t he? The guys 74

I don’t want him, just think that’s who they might turn to as a friend of delia. Just to see the season out. 

Although I don’t exactly want Farke to go as such, I won’t mind him going provided he isn’t replaced by a Bruce/Hughton type, as if he’s replaced by a manager who parks the bus I’m convinced in 12 months time loads of fans who want Farke out now will be wanting his replacement out due to boredom

If Farke goes I think his replacement must be a proven PL manager who doesn’t have a boring style of play