Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

0-9 yet Southampton stuck with their manager

Sometimes you have to ride the storm and come out the other side - as Hasenhuttl did. Pride was restored without the club throwing away what they had built. We've had a horrible start to the season, but it can be turned round. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Sometimes you have to ride the storm and come out the other side - as Hasenhuttl did. Pride was restored without the club throwing away what they had built. We've had a horrible start to the season, but it can be turned round. 

Undeniably true,  and if we go out and put Leeds away with a good performance and a couple of goals on Sunday then perhaps there is hope.

The problem is the players are going to be under intensive pressure as start poorly and the fans will be on their backs incredibly quickly this time round. There's not really any room for error. 

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Undeniably true,  and if we go out and put Leeds away with a good performance and a couple of goals on Sunday then perhaps there is hope.

The problem is the players are going to be under intensive pressure as start poorly and the fans will be on their backs incredibly quickly this time round. There's not really any room for error. 

If we beat Leeds.  If we get something out of the next four games.  If we’re not showing signs of improvement by Christmas.  If we don’t come straight back up next season.  You can’t keep kicking the can down the road.  The time for change is already overdue.  Delaying it any longer just means less time for a new manager to turn things around and a wider points gap between us and possible safety.

Edited by Naturalcynic
  • Like 1

We stuck with him after our worst ever season in the top flight didn’t we, and yet here he is doing a hell of a lot worse!

when are idiots like you going to accept HE CANNOT MANAGE IN THE TOP FLIGHT! 

• Like 1

Just now, lake district canary said:

You really need to see a doctor your delusions are becoming very worrying. 

Just some context, his record prior to that game in the PL was W10 D8 L14. Quite a bit better than Farkes no? 

Southampton already had 8 points when they lost that game. The defeat dropped them to 18th, I believe it may have been on goal difference. They then lost 2 more games before the international break but don’t worry after the break along came….Norwich for them to comfortably beat and turn their season around.

I think I’ve just realised the answer. Maybe the PL will let us play ourselves?

The two scenarios aren’t comparable. Southampton and Hassenhutl’s PL history wasn’t total crap before they played that game.

Edited by Monty13

1 minute ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Have some respect for yourself Lakey...

It's not about me.

Some people seem to want to throw away the baby with the bath water when really the man in charge needs time to build the side.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Lakey and essex canary on another thread banging away on a Sunday morning means it is time to potter around  in the garden and come back later. Ta ra !

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

We stuck with him after our worst ever season in the top flight didn’t we, and yet here he is doing a hell of a lot worse!

Yes, and were proven emphatically right with that decision.

The calls to sack Farke and marginally premature. He's more than earned the right to have a crack at Leeds and, if successful, the following games.

At the end of the day, it's been a dreadful start but it's a purely results business and if you just look at the results, of our 9 matches you would have accepted us losing 5 (Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Everton away) of those without it really damaging our prospects of survival. A lot would have been happy with a point at home to Leicester (and without ridiculously officials we would have had a point, same with Arsenal) and a point away at Burnley. Watford was atrocious and Brighton at home is a tie we should be winning, but we're only really 5 or 6 points off what the vast majority would consider a job well done thus far.

Lose at Leeds at that becomes 8 or 9 points off what the vast majority would consider a job well done thus far, and in the context of the season and Farke's previous PL record, it's then fair to expect action from the board. But at the moment after only a couple of disappointing OUTCOMES (ie, whether we won, lost or drew, not performances, which I grant in the case of Chelsea and Man City were utterly abject) then firing a manager responsible for us being in the Premier League, is just a touch heat of the moment.

However, turn in another Watford display against Leeds and I'll sharpen my pitchfork and join you. Though not @TeemuVanBasten, that bloke isn't quite right. Let him froth (or gleefully celebrate?) on his own.

• Like 3

Just now, canarydan23 said:

The calls to sack Farke and marginally premature. He's more than earned the right to have a crack at Leeds and, if successful, the following games.

At the end of the day, it's been a dreadful start but it's a purely results business and if you just look at the results, of our 9 matches you would have accepted us losing 5 (Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Everton away) of those without it really damaging our prospects of survival. A lot would have been happy with a point at home to Leicester (and without ridiculously officials we would have had a point, same with Arsenal) and a point away at Burnley. Watford was atrocious and Brighton at home is a tie we should be winning, but we're only really 5 or 6 points off what the vast majority would consider a job well done thus far.

Lose at Leeds at that becomes 8 or 9 points off what the vast majority would consider a job well done thus far, and in the context of the season and Farke's previous PL record, it's then fair to expect action from the board. But at the moment after only a couple of disappointing OUTCOMES (ie, whether we won, lost or drew, not performances, which I grant in the case of Chelsea and Man City were utterly abject) then firing a manager responsible for us being in the Premier League, is just a touch heat of the moment.

However, turn in another Watford display against Leeds and I'll sharpen my pitchfork and join you. Though not @TeemuVanBasten, that bloke isn't quite right. Let him froth (or gleefully celebrate?) on his own.

At a lower level maybe, but the evidence is clear if you take off your green and yellow tinted specs that he cannot cut it at the top level, if he can where is the evidence? If you can show me he can manage in the top flight I’d be grateful 🤣🤣

39 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Time to take a dip in your lake my friend to wake up to the reality of the situation. It is not just the Chelsea performance that is the issue. The strategies and style of play simply is not suited to the premier league.

6 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I can see myself tagged but not looking for a sleep aid at the minute. What's the Tl;Dr version?

14 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It's not about me.

Some people seem to want to throw away the baby with the bath water when really the man in charge needs time to build the side.

One thing you are not given in the premier league is time!

8 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It's not about me.

His win rate in this division is 10.8%, we have a minus 21 goal difference and no wins. Only one goal in open play, a bunch of expensive players sat warming a bench, a lack of a defensive midfielder we all knew we needed. The most lack lustre forward line I can remember and a director of football who wants away.  I get it's easy for you to sit at home and defend utter rubbish being served up on the pitch, it's a lot harder for those spending hard earned cash on travel and tickets.

Maybe just have break...

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It's not about me.

How many games shall we give him then? 38? That’s enough to build a Championship side isn’t it? 

22 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It's not about me.

How many years shall we give him?

Awful and desperate comparison. Managers have been sacked for a lot less than Farke, and I don’t think you could name one example of someone being kept on through worse than this.

It’s win against Leeds or go now to be honest.

The op is correct. In isolation these results happen. I seem to remember man City turning utd over to similar scoreline. 

What we don't have is the hairdryer equivalent that would shock the boys back into shape on or off the pitch. Everyone is too damn nice. 

Understandable to react and lash out calling for manager's head. Its not going to happen though. So we will go again, and thankfully without Ben Gibson! 

There are some days Lakey when I genuinely question if you're actually a Norwich fan, and just here to troll the **** out of everyone. Today is one of those days. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Pretty spot on post for me, exactly where I am to be honest. 

21 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Pretty thin line of disagreement though Dan between a lot of supporters, seems to be just between those who think he should be given the Leeds game or not for a large number.

I’d love to think we will beat Leeds, just struggling to believe it will happen. Thing that concerns me at this point is even if it does happen is it the sign of green shoots or just a flash in the pan?

Turning things around is going to be a fairly monumental effort based on yesterday’s viewing. Somethings clearly badly broken.

I still have some hope, but it’s dwindling fast personally.

8 minutes ago, Bluefloyd said:

The op is correct. In isolation these results happen. I seem to remember man City turning utd over to similar scoreline. 

What we don't have is the hairdryer equivalent that would shock the boys back into shape on or off the pitch. Everyone is too damn nice. 

Understandable to react and lash out calling for manager's head. Its not going to happen though. So we will go again, and thankfully without Ben Gibson! 

You say its 'not going to happen' ...3 of the next 4 games are at home. This is all going to be played out at Carrow Rd and I've yet to see a manager survive once a home crowd properly turns.