Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Who exactly is running the club these days?

2 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:
1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

C) Who would replace him that could do any better? 

You’ve actually lost the plot. Please stop embarrassing yourself with this rubbish

So you haven't got anyone in mind who could do better. Right.

Just now, lake district canary said:

You’re literally just trying to wind people up aren’t you?

Have you not been watching us this season? I genuinely don’t think there’s a respectable manager who could do worse, so yes, literally 100s of managers.

More to the point, you don’t think there’s a single manager out there in the universe who could do better? Not better than 1 open play goal scored in 9 games, 21 goals conceded? Not better 2 dismal draws and 7 defeats? The bar is low I’m not sure it actually gets lower?

We’re being described as the worst PL team ever and you don’t think someone could come in and do better. Laughable.

If we don’t pull a 180 versus Leeds then it has to be goodbye Farke. 💔

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

You’ve always advocated sticking with the manager (whoever that might have been), no matter how bad things seem, on the basis that he should be given more time, or that the players need time to gel, or that there’s no-one better to replace them.  Just when, in your world, is it the right thing to do to show the manager the door?

45 minutes ago, WD40 said:

You’re right - should clarify none of the players recruited permanently are of PL standard since Pukki. And that’s with three PL transfer windows. 

None of the summer signings have shown so far that they are PL quality but the question I guess is whether that's their fault ir the managers, probably both; however I think it would be much fairer to judge them across 20+ games and ideally 38 as we haven't seen enough if them yet to decide beyond doubt. They should have had more of an impact by now though.

Edited by Gordon Bennett