Sign in to follow this  
Beaker

Hughes at right back?

What would people think if worthy tried AndyHughes at right back. I think it wouldnt be a bad idea whatsoever. Speaking to reading fans, they say that he played at left back for them a few times last season and did reasonably well. I  personally think it would be worth trying because hes stronger, more committed and can tacle better than Jurgen Colin.

Any views?

If he isnt good enough at his proper job why should we squeeze him in elsehwere?   Colin is a far better defender and given time will do well for us (fingers crossed) if only he could get a midfielder to stay in fron of him instead of wandering inside and leaving colin facing two or more attackers.

As for tackling - Hughes is truly awful and ineffective and I cant think of anyone worse at it at the club at the moment.  Great heart, terrific leader but poor at football... 

I''ve thought this for a while.

He is quick, aggressive and can tackle. Also is fit enough to get up and down the flank for 90 minutes.

Woeful lack of passing and touch would also be less exposed than playing him in midfield. 

I would give it a go... 

I am not a great fan of Colin but he aint going to improve by being dropped by a right winger who is a worse right back than he is.